Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM

182 posts, read 469,993 times

Advertisements

I am about to graduate from college and have looked into jobs with the Bureau of Land Management. My question is, what is it like to live in Montana?

Weather doesn't bother my husband or I.

I am going to graduate with a B.S. in Wildlife and Conservation Management. My husband is extensively experienced in carpentry, mechanics, electric, plumbing, and has his CDL (class B drivers license). He is also interested in oil field work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 PM

989 posts, read 3,531,233 times
Its exactly like Texas only completely different. The Same as Wyoming but quite dissimilar. Its equal to California but very unequal. I'd have to say its more multifarious than Utah but less so than Oregon. All around we're less magnanimous than some states but more than others. As a group we like to plebiscite towards the more precisian candidates but thats not always the case. Basically we're just a simple talking easy to understand group. Hope this helps.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:41 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,697,350 times
Take a moment to read this.
How to NOT ruin Montana if you move here

post 208
beautiful

Welcome to the forum, read and introduce yourself on the "let's visit" thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
Its exactly like Texas only completely different. The Same as Wyoming but quite dissimilar. Its equal to California but very unequal. I'd have to say its more multifarious than Utah but less so than Oregon. All around we're less magnanimous than some states but more than others. As a group we like to plebiscite towards the more precisian candidates but thats not always the case. Basically we're just a simple talking easy to understand group. Hope this helps.
bout time AQHA. Hi!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
bout time AQHA. Hi!
bout time what?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:51 PM

Always enjoy your way with words, we are lucky to have some great writers here

OP sorry for the small hijack

Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Always enjoy your way with words, we are lucky to have some great writers here
I'm not a great writer my dear, I'm just a good BS'er who likes to throw people smiles once in a while. You should see the "eyeliner" thread, its my finest work.

Sorry for the 2nd high jack OP

Old 10-15-2009, 09:16 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,882,872 times
To get a good idea of what life in Montana was like just a few decades ago pick up the book WINTER WHEAT. I am not sure of the author but I believe it was Mildred Walker. A quick google would tell you.

A great story about ordinary people that are very common in Montana.

GL2

Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM

66 posts, read 231,979 times
its not for the timid, or ones who like to complain a lot, but if you are cut out for montana, its a place you wont understand until you experience it.
Nothing like standing on top of a 7000ft mountian, during hunting season wind blowing snow whipping around you, and you are so taken back by the view that sits in front of you, you realy dont notice the cold.
Its a rough go money wise, skills and trades are almost required to make it before you get here, but well worth the trade off.
A run to the next town may take 1/4 tank of gas and a hour drive, but the view on the way, you totaly forget about how long its taking to get there.
I think montana falls into the catagory of the few states that capture you once you are there for a little while. Your first winter you will be wondering why the heck you moved here,and by the next winter you will be asking why the heck would you move anywhere else.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,195,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
Now let this serve as a warning to city slickers who think anyone who spends all day atop a horse or a tractor has nothin' going on inside his head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana