Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 07:03 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Galgadot is drop dead gorgeous
The fight scenes are not believable
But never are
In Japanese films the hero’s die
In our old movies the same
Today the Millinial mind set is expressed
A dangerous world confronted without consequences
Never a scratch and always a second chance
Rogue One
Logan
Gladiator
Titanic
I Am Legend
Butterfly Effect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 03:01 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Just so you know who can mop the Avengers' collective arses singlehandedly while roller blading and holding a Double Whopper in one hand.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:26 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Ee-gad. I hope the movies don't go in that direction. Characters that powerful are boring.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Just so you know who can mop the Avengers' collective arses singlehandedly while roller blading and holding a Double Whopper in one hand.

And she can FLY!!!!

Old 10-10-2018, 10:45 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Ee-gad. I hope the movies don't go in that direction. Characters that powerful are boring.
Yeah but have Cheetah girl as her nemesis is boring also WW could snap her neck in the first scene.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNidpRNA0g

Old 10-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
From the comics, bruh. But I do think it's funny that only Thor and Captain Marvel could put up a decent fight for Diana. Everyone else would get mopped. It would be funny to see her turn Iron Man into a ball of foil. Come on, you know want to.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
From the comics, bruh.
The same holds true there. It's the biggest reason I have never been able to get into Superman comics. One of the best origin stories ever. After that ... he's kinda boring.

Quote:
But I do think it's funny that only Thor and Captain Marvel could put up a decent fight for Diana.
I never liked Thor or Captain Marvel comics either. Thor was too goofy, and somehow Captain Marvel just never hit my radar.

Quote:
It would be funny to see her turn Iron Man into a ball of foil. Come on, you know want to.
Actually, I'd much rather the filmmakers dial her powers down, for all the reasons stated above. A hero who can't be hurt isn't much of a hero.

Behold, the immortal wisdom of George C. Scott.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y21sm5xB4vk

Old 10-10-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I never liked Thor or Captain Marvel comics either. Thor was too goofy, and somehow Captain Marvel just never hit my radar.
Real Walt Simonson's mid-'80s run on Thor. Best thing that ever happened to the character. One of the best story arcs to ever run in a comicbook, too. Walt did for Thor what Frank did for Daredevil.

Quote:
Actually, I'd much rather the filmmakers dial her powers down, for all the reasons stated above.
They did. We barely saw anything in Wonder Woman. We don't know what we'll see in Wonder Woman 1984. It'll still look more plausible than Iron Man's armor manifesting a rotisserie on his left shoulder blade, a Bowflex on the other, and a urinal on his back.

Quote:
A hero who can't be hurt isn't much of a hero.
A hero is defined as "a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities." So your statement is more opinion than fact. (And Diana can be hurt.)

Old 10-10-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Real Walt Simonson's mid-'80s run on Thor. Best thing that ever happened to the character. One of the best story arcs to ever run in a comicbook, too. Walt did for Thor what Frank did for Daredevil.
I'll take your word for it. I just can't raise any interest in Thor. I find the very concept of the character ridiculous. Taking inspiration from Norse mythology is a great idea, but it's evident the creators never read any actual Norse mythology. Marvel's Thor has more in common with Santa Claus than Thor.

Quote:
It'll still look more plausible than Iron Man's armor manifesting a rotisserie on his left shoulder blade, a Bowflex on the other, and a urinal on his back.
Yup. Tony Tech has gotten beyond ridiculous at this point.

Quote:
A hero is defined as "a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities." So your statement is more opinion than fact. (And Diana can be hurt.)
But all my opinions are based on fact.

Seriously though: Movie Wonder Woman definitely made some outstanding achievements and has very noble qualities. Courage ... ? I dunno. How can someone who is almost impossible to kill or even hurt be truly courageous? Jenkins did the smart thing by hurting Diana emotionally in killing Steve. Good call. But did Wonder Woman ever enter a single fight where she seriously thought she might be in physical danger? Nope. So how is that courageous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies