U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2018, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
3,640 posts, read 1,402,735 times
Reputation: 2831

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Because that’s what I said, right?

I know you clearly want to skim and cherry pick...but there’s no point in responding to a question like that. I’m reviewing a movie, not having a useless race debate with you.

There were a lot of things “forced”. Not just race. As I specifically pointed out, there was forced nationality themes “the big bad evil Russian” and forced nerdy kid and the young girl being the hero’s parts. They were both scared and unsure of themselves ...but golley gee there’s a hero in each of us!
Most films stereotype I didn't have a problem with it. People these days are so thin skinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2018, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
25,044 posts, read 14,253,141 times
Reputation: 9096
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Daniella Piñeda isn't Asian. She's Mexican-American. And she's one of the best things about a movie that isn't better than its predecessor.
I was thinking when I saw her, how did Victoria Justice get a new voice? She seriously looked like Victoria for a little bit at first glance, just maybe a little more tan...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 04:51 PM
 
14,695 posts, read 8,280,618 times
Reputation: 24510
It was kind of a meh movie to me, disappointing since I considered Jurassic World from three years ago to be my favorite movie of that year. Hard to live up to I suppose.

A co-worker I saw loved it, but only because he saw it in a theater that had something called 4DX. The chairs move in tune with the action on screen, plus it was in 3D, and also smell and air effects. If it wasn't for that, he said the movie would have been so-so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,091 posts, read 49,253,571 times
Reputation: 66659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Of course it was all wrapped up in a nice politically correct bow for the modern world. You have the nerdy kid being heroic. The young girl being heroic. The creation of an Asian woman character. The black kid. The evil Russia bidding for the most dangerous dinosaurs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no racist or person who have anything against other people, but it’s so obviously forced and tiresome. The only thing we were missing was the gay couple.
.
How is people just being and acting like people "politically correct"?
I guess it wasn't enough for you that the main character who basically saved everyone and did 90% of all the stuff was a white dude?
What weirdo rant is this? So when any movie isn't 100% white dude does everything, it's too "politically correct"?
Maybe everyone else shoulda just sat there and crapped their pants and let Owen do everything. Then there would be less complaining about "forced" stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 05:09 PM
 
14,695 posts, read 8,280,618 times
Reputation: 24510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Of course it was all wrapped up in a nice politically correct bow for the modern world. You have the nerdy kid being heroic. The young girl being heroic. The creation of an Asian woman character. The black kid. The evil Russia bidding for the most dangerous dinosaurs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no racist or person who have anything against other people, but it’s so obviously forced and tiresome. The only thing we were missing was the gay couple.
Well, there almost was something similar before the scene was cut



'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Cut Lesbian Reveal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Southern Colorado
2,705 posts, read 1,350,550 times
Reputation: 3692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, there almost was something similar before the scene was cut



'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Cut Lesbian Reveal

Chris Pratt made a big deal about his Christian faith before the movie was released. Perhaps some folks in Hollywood realize that the big money often comes from families buying tickets? Though Lion King did just fine in spite of "controversy". I didn't care if Elton John wrote some material but others did. Having small children often changes people.

What does lesbians have to do with dinosaurs....one may ask? Apparently they wound up agreeing. The bad ass chick in Thor Ragnarok lobbied for a lesbian scene but got a thumbs down.

I'm opposed to any gratuitous sex in movies made for families. Thats just me though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
25,044 posts, read 14,253,141 times
Reputation: 9096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It was kind of a meh movie to me, disappointing since I considered Jurassic World from three years ago to be my favorite movie of that year. Hard to live up to I suppose.

A co-worker I saw loved it, but only because he saw it in a theater that had something called 4DX. The chairs move in tune with the action on screen, plus it was in 3D, and also smell and air effects. If it wasn't for that, he said the movie would have been so-so.
I had that in the past as a make good during a bad experience truing to see Tron Legacy. They gave my brother and myself a free D-Box ticket each. E-books is the same as 4DX. Honestly it took me out of the film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
25,044 posts, read 14,253,141 times
Reputation: 9096
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Chris Pratt made a big deal about his Christian faith before the movie was released. Perhaps some folks in Hollywood realize that the big money often comes from families buying tickets? Though Lion King did just fine in spite of "controversy". I didn't care if Elton John wrote some material but others did. Having small children often changes people.

What does lesbians have to do with dinosaurs....one may ask? Apparently they wound up agreeing. The bad ass chick in Thor Ragnarok lobbied for a lesbian scene but got a thumbs down.

I'm opposed to any gratuitous sex in movies made for families. Thats just me though.
A lot of the Disney renaissance animated movies had song lyrics from a gay man, Howard Ashman who actually died of AIDS related illness prior to Beauty and the Beast in 1991. He had some songs written for Aladdin prior to Tim Rice joining Alan Men Ken to replace Ashman. But I guess because that was behind the scenes, nobody cares...

As for Thor: Ragnarok, Tessa Thompson's character was in fact homosexual, though she wasn't shown in a gay scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 12:07 PM
 
5,382 posts, read 2,327,548 times
Reputation: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I was thinking when I saw her, how did Victoria Justice get a new voice? She seriously looked like Victoria for a little bit at first glance, just maybe a little more tan...
Both attractive women. They don't look like each other, but that doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, there almost was something similar before the scene was cut



'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Cut Lesbian Reveal
Daniella is so f'in hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
8,712 posts, read 3,730,540 times
Reputation: 18170
Went to see this on Independence Day. Worst of the franchise. If I wasn't with someone I would have left halfway into it. The first Jurassic Park was great and the sequels are getting steadily worse. The problem with Hollywood is they have a hit so they milk it for all its worth with endless sequels and now even prequels. Enough already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top