Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 AM

149 posts, read 228,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene5811 View Post
Passion Of Christ
I took my mother to see this when it came out in the theater. We both had a box of tissues and they were gone by the end of the movie!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 AM

321 posts, read 854,160 times
Okay I confess I bawled like a baby watching Old Yeller

I also cried a barrel of tears at the end of Phar Lap - not only because the horse died but because he refused to stop in the last race at the end at the Agua Caliente racetrack and the quartercrack in his hoof had started to bleed. I kept thinking how much pain he had gone through for people who only cared about how much money he could get them (obviously not his stable boy). He had a horrible life and died a horrible death

I also cried in Return to Snowy River at the part where Jim Craig's horse was shot out from underneath him as he was riding down the side of the mountain to go after the men who had stolen his horses. When Jim regained consciousness the pain on his face was hard to watch, knowing a horse he had such a special relationship with was dead.

I think that's it. I hope. lol

Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 AM

57 posts, read 115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittston2sarasota View Post
movie or a question?

movie!:d

Tyler Perry

Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Malik Yoba

Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM

125 posts, read 213,123 times
I know that I am going to date myself with this but OL Yellar!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotncndy30 View Post
I took my mother to see this when it came out in the theater. We both had a box of tissues and they were gone by the end of the movie!!!!
It's always good to be prepared.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansidhbabe View Post
Okay I confess I bawled like a baby watching Old Yeller

I also cried a barrel of tears at the end of Phar Lap - not only because the horse died but because he refused to stop in the last race at the end at the Agua Caliente racetrack and the quartercrack in his hoof had started to bleed. I kept thinking how much pain he had gone through for people who only cared about how much money he could get them (obviously not his stable boy). He had a horrible life and died a horrible death

I also cried in Return to Snowy River at the part where Jim Craig's horse was shot out from underneath him as he was riding down the side of the mountain to go after the men who had stolen his horses. When Jim regained consciousness the pain on his face was hard to watch, knowing a horse he had such a special relationship with was dead.

I think that's it. I hope. lol
Old Yeller always gets me too. The old movies , sometimes, have more emotional impact.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
ET, the part where Dumbo is separated from his mom, Castaway when he gets separated from that volleyball, Mask, and Terms of Endearment.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
ET, the part where Dumbo is separated from his mom, Castaway when he gets separated from that volleyball, Mask, and Terms of Endearment.
New and clever way to list movies...

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM

298 posts, read 1,090,182 times
Phonebooth- the part where Stewart breaks down and reveals who he really is and comes clean about the lie he has been living.

It’s a Wonderful Life- In the bar where he is so desperate. He prays and then begins to cry. The look that Jimmy Stewart has, what an actor.

The ending obviously makes me cry when he realizes that despite what he may have thought and what potter told him, he really has made a difference in peoples lives. I believe that he truley realizes this when Harry raises his glass and says, " A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town." He wasnt talking about the pile of money sitting in front of him, but the room full of friends that owe their quality of life to Geroge Bailey.
The quote in Clarence’s Bible caps it. “No man is a failure who has friends.”

Also the part in the boardroom where he defends his father after his death is very emotional for me too.

George Bailey: "Just a minute - just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was - why, in the twenty-five years since he and Uncle Billy started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy? He didn't save enough money to send Harry to school, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter, and what's wrong with that? Why - here, you're all businessmen here. Doesn't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers? You - you said - what'd you say a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken down that they... Do you know how long it takes a working man to save five thousand dollars? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be."

Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmud123 View Post
I know that I am going to date myself with this but OL Yellar!
Nothing wrong with sensitivity and sentimentality...etc. Many people see those as admirable traits in a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies