Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,626 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of taking my three kids (boys ages 13,9 and 6) to Myrtle Beach for a few days during their April break (first week in April). Typically what is the weather like that week? What other things beside beaches is there to do with my boys. Where is a good family friendly, clean, reasonably priced hotel to stay at? We live in the Cary, NC area--how long is the drive to Myrtle Beach?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times
You are looking at about 3:15 minutes of driving from Cary to MB. Lots to do besides the beach, although the Pavillion amusement park is gone . There is another amusement park that isn't bad and there are more miniature golf courses then you can shake a stick at. I'm sure the kids would enjoy the NASCAR theme park on Hwy 17 Bypass and you should check out Broadway at the Beach, would remind you of Downtown Disney shopping area. Ripley's Aquarium, Le Grande Cirque at the Palace Theater, not sure if the water park, Myrtle Waves, will be open in April... Brookgreen gardens in Murrells Inlet has a nice Wildlife sanctuary, I recommend going on the feeding tour. They also have a boat tour of the old ricefields. Can't recommend too many places to stay, there are hundreds, but I have stayed at the Sheraton Convention Center and the Breakers and was pleased with both.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM

12 posts, read 51,068 times
do you know what the la quinta inn & suites looks like cuse i saw their rates for november when i plan to go and they are low but the reviews i saw where all positive so i'm a bit carefull here.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:44 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times
Default la quinta

Never been inside but I worked at the Palace Theater which is across the street. The lot always seemed full so it can't be bad! Actually, some of the people I had met while at the Palace said it was pretty nice. It is convenient, too, right off Hwy 17 Bypass, across from Broadway at the Beach, near plenty of restaurants.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 PM

559 posts, read 2,116,232 times
My husband and I like Hampton Inns. You might look at those; I know they have several in that area.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:13 PM

57 posts, read 87,410 times
Default Myrtle Beach - never been

Try tripadvisor.com's forum you can get lots of info on places to stay. We stayed at a Days Inn on 501 but that was about 3 miles from the beach. I think your boys would enjoy Dolly Parton's Dinner & Show Dixie Stampede it was awesome. Alligator Adventure was fun too and Ripley's has a museum and aquarium they would enjoy. When you get there make sure you pick up coupon books with discounts and things to do. Try Kirks for the best ice cream ever - it's on 25th St. I think. We love it there - have a great time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area