Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM

131 posts, read 648,367 times

Advertisements

To those of you who live down there or have been there many times (I have only visited Nashville once a couple of years ago), what is a good way to meet people, if I were to move down there (And I am CONSIDERING IT)? As a single guy who has not dated in years, what would be a good way to meet a nice southern gal down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
-Take up an activity you enjoy (tennis, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, art, music, whatever); you will naturally meet people with the same interest and there's less of those "awkward moments".

-Go to church.

-Become a regular at a bar or club or cafe . . . then the friends you meet and get to know will introduce you to their cousin Betsy who's divorced and hasn't had sex in six months. Hold on tight. ;-)

-Become a "safe friend" with the women you work with . . . and they'll introduce you to their cousin or best friend or the single girl who lives across the street.

-Go to one of the single events . . . just lunch, dancing, etc.

-Some people say the grocery store is the best place to meet someone and ask them out . . . I say it's the vet's office. Also, if you have a cute, little doggie, take him to the park and you'll almost always find a few people who want to come up and pet the dog. Hopefully, maybe later, they'll pet you. ;-)

Old 07-25-2007, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the advice. I truly appreciate it and will keep it in mind. Have a good one!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikrich View Post
To those of you who live down there or have been there many times (I have only visited Nashville once a couple of years ago), what is a good way to meet people, if I were to move down there (And I am CONSIDERING IT)? As a single guy who has not dated in years, what would be a good way to meet a nice southern gal down there?
My Church has a really good singles group I've been told. Its called the Loop and you don't have to be a member to Join it. The church has 6,400 members.
I moved here last year from NJ and on a good day we had 50 people in church.
Brentwood UMC

Old 07-25-2007, 11:11 PM

101 posts, read 218,720 times
Red face Is there something wrong with not having dated in years?!

Is there something wrong with not having dated in years?!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1410OC View Post
Is there something wrong with not having dated in years?!

NOPE, I NEVER SAID THAT OR IMPLIED IT. I WAS MERELY STATING A FACT IN MY CASE. I HAVE COME TO THE POINT IN MY LIFE WHERE BEING ALONE CAN BE A BIT STALE AT TIMES.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
There are very few places in the U.S. that are more fun for a single person than Nashville. If you can't meet women here, you ain't trying. Just get out and talk to people. I don't know what it's like where you're coming from, but it is easy to make friends here.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
There are very few places in the U.S. that are more fun for a single person than Nashville. If you can't meet women here, you ain't trying. Just get out and talk to people. I don't know what it's like where you're coming from, but it is easy to make friends here.

Hey Pimpy, I really appreciate your reply. I currently live in Indianapolis(I was born and raised in Eastern Pa, so don't hold it against me because I am a YANKEE ok? Just kidding!) and am considering a move down to the Nashville area. I was there once on a weekend visit back in Apr05. Hope to hear from you again. Have a good one!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,660 times
where do a guy goes to meet women who will understand a late 20ish guy who just now starting to go out and date. not because he's been lock-upin prison or jail or have been in an institutional hospital.

it's because of his parent or/and relatives didn't want the man to grow . too strict family rules when it came to dating and having a sexual experience . so now as an adult , starting late with his life . wondering if there;s a woman out there in nashville, tennessee that could and would be kind and understanding with him. his mind is very sharp and a college graduate in business.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 8,185 times
I too just moved to Nashville and I work from home so I never go out and meet people. I'm 21 and left all of my friends behind in Las Vegas and Utah. I have always dreamed of living here, so here I am in my dream city not knowing anyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: