Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times

Advertisements

Have eaten twice at Pucket's Boathouse. First time I ordered too many fried things ("The Rusty Bucket") and it was overkill. Second time had grilled fish and it was MUCH better!

Also, went to check out the new Frothy Monkey in downtown Nashville yesterday and was surprised to find it's NOT OPEN! I thought it was going to open the end of November? There's patio furniture wrapped in plastic on the front porch and worker bees inside but no coffee . . . .

I also thought I saw a new Noodles and Company (Noodles & Company) on Carotheres Pkwy? Didn't know it was there. I have eaten at the one near Green Hills Mall and LOVE IT!

Any other new restaurants to report???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I don't understand what their problem is at The Frothy Monkey. They really missed out by not being open in time for the Dickens fest. The Coffee House at Second & Bridge is brand new and local.

Noodles & Co has been open most of this year. Wholy Crepe opened near there where the Vienna House bakery used to be (down from Bosco's).

I am most excited about a new roadhouse in th Clovercroft area called Jamison's Whistle Stop. They have food & live music in an old general store on Wilson Pike just past the last old tunnel.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Wholy Crepe opened near there where the Vienna House bakery used to be (down from Bosco's).
That...that is a genius name for a restaurant.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I don't understand what their problem is at The Frothy Monkey. They really missed out by not being open in time for the Dickens fest. The Coffee House at Second & Bridge is brand new and local.

Noodles & Co has been open most of this year. Wholy Crepe opened near there where the Vienna House bakery used to be (down from Bosco's).

I am most excited about a new roadhouse in th Clovercroft area called Jamison's Whistle Stop. They have food & live music in an old general store on Wilson Pike just past the last old tunnel.
I am/was excited about Jamison Whistle Stop as well, but I can't figure out when they are open. They were first saying they were open for lunch and dinner. Then they closed for the week after Christmas, and then since then it's been randomly opened and closed on the weekends. I was by there today and there was a sign saying it was opening soon. I fear they may put themselves out of business with the crazy lack of schedule.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I am/was excited about Jamison Whistle Stop as well, but I can't figure out when they are open. They were first saying they were open for lunch and dinner. Then they closed for the week after Christmas, and then since then it's been randomly opened and closed on the weekends. I was by there today and there was a sign saying it was opening soon. I fear they may put themselves out of business with the crazy lack of schedule.
It appears to be at the whim of the owner, who I believe is more than a little "whimsical," if you KWIM.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Too much Jamison and not enough whistle...

Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,871 times
Wholly Crepe is delicious.

We went to Cow & Cork last weekend. The food was delicious but I felt like our waiter was really rushing us. He started rattling off specials before we had even had a chance to take off our coats and look at the menu.

I really like The Coffee House at Bridge & 2nd. It is my after church destination now.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 PM

5 posts, read 6,704 times
We ate at The Cork & Cow as well. It was LOUD-honestly the loudest restaurant I have ever been in. The food was great. I had the bone in filet. Very good and local-Bear Creek Farms! Hubs had the dry aged ribeye and said it was one of the best he had ever had. We have eaten at many awesome steak establishments and we enjoyed this one very much. I only wish the noise level could be addressed. However, due to the shape and structure of the restaurant, I'm not sure this will be possible without losing seating.

I had not heard of Wholly Crepe-will need to check it out!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Just read in the paper that they will open a 2nd First Watch (breakfast place) at the Drury Plaza Shopping Center - which I surmise is near the new Drury hotel.

Went to Culvers, just the drive up window, it was pretty good - but I forgot to order the cheese curds. Next time!

Been having some good luck with Chipotle in Cool Springs, much better (IMHO) than Moe's.

I see them building the chicken place - Pollo something?

Oh, went to the Coffee Shop at Second & Bridge and was pretty disappointed. Nice building, all the little rooms. But the 'kitchen' is oddly located. Waited for my sister's coffee only to find it was just sitting there. No one called out that it was ready.

I asked twice about my crepe - after 30 minutes they said I was next and I just said forget it. They explained the crepe machines were 'being temperamental' - they should have explained that when I ordered it . . "Might take 40 minutes, is that OK?" To their credit they did refund my money, coffee, too. But I am not anxious to go back.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:06 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Sounds like it's not just me with that place. Disappointing.

SO HAPPY about the new First Watch, though!!!! Love that place. It'll give us a nice alternative to J Christopher. Let's have a City Data brunch when they open
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville