Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:03 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,375 times

Advertisements

So many new restaurants! And I have about 20 more on my "need to go to" list.
Here is where I've been in the past few months (fairly new places only).

Husk - (37 Rutledge) - Yes, worth all the hype.

Peg Leg Porker (904 Gleaves) - BBQ

Lucky Bamboo (5855 Charlotte Pike) - Chinese and they do hot pot (cauldron of broth and you cook your own meat/fish/veggies).

DeSano Pizza (115 16th Ave. S) - Like real Italian pizza since it's cooked in 900F ovens.

Pinewood Social (SoBro) - Restaurant, bar, bowling alley, hangout. Hard to categorize. Expensive.

The Southern Steak & Oyster (150 3rd Ave. S.)

Saint Anejo (Gulch) - not bad Mexican. A great Tequila list. One of the M Street group (Whiskey Kitchen, Virago, etc.)

El Camino's Taco Lounge (1530 Demonbreun) - Avg. food; lousy service.

Soulshine Pizza (Midtown) - a wide variety of pizza, but DeSano is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 11:11 PM

256 posts, read 482,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
New hot chicken place just had a soft opening in Franklin. The owner was on Shark Tank in 2012 (i think think they bit) - it's called Big Shake's Hot Chicken & Fish and it's at 1409 West Main, a block south of the Williamson County Administrative Complex.

Didn't find a website but here is their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/bigshakeshotchicken

Three levels of heat - Original, Cry Baby or Stop, Drop N' Roll.
11 - 8 Monday through Thursday
11 - 9 Friday and Saturday
11 - 6 Sunday

If anyone goes, report back!

Big Shakes Hot Chicken & Fish, Franklin TN - YouTube

Here's the webpage: big-shakes

Old 03-18-2014, 08:40 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,296 times
Bay Brothers Grill opened in Hendersonville. Has anyone tried it yet? Bay Bros. Grill - Hendersonville | Urbanspoon

menu: http://www.vanityfaircartoons.com/Ba...Grill/menu.pdf

Old 03-18-2014, 10:54 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,468,665 times
I haven't yet, but it's on my radar. It is the same location as Cheeburger Cheeburger was and I read somewhere that the franchise owners of Chee Chee just decided to drop that franchise and make the location a Bay Bros. Kind of interesting. Hope it works out for them...it's a very small dining area unless they totally rehauled it from Chee Chee.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 PM

96 posts, read 172,525 times
Bay Bros. is pretty good.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
Bay Brothers Grill opened in Hendersonville. Has anyone tried it yet? Bay Bros. Grill - Hendersonville | Urbanspoon

menu: http://www.vanityfaircartoons.com/Bay_Bros_Grill/menu.pdf

I went tonight. I'd rate it hit and miss. Had crabcakes, corn, and potato salad. Crab cakes were fairly good (although I prefer them by far at Barefoot Charlies), corn was blander than typical corn, potato salad was ok.

I had a groupon, but at the full price, I'd expect more flavor. Like I said, IMO, Barefoot has excellent food, especially the crabcakes and meatloaf.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,296 times
OK, thanks bobtn. I also have the groupon to use. I saw their pic of the calamari appetizer which I really like so might try it when we go.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,468,665 times
FYI: Windy City Pizza in Hendersonville (203 Anderson Ln, across from Walmart) should be opening at this new location anytime. Maybe tomorrow? Great pizza and super folks. I'll give a report when they do open. Kind of excited to actually be able to dine in rather than just take out. Their old location had tables, but it wasn't really a great place to dine in.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:07 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,408 times
It's not a "new" restaurant BUT Jasmine, my favorite Thai food place (great prices for lunch) has opened a sushi bar! The one we had (which was crunchy) was EXCELLENT. We will definitely have sushi there again. Just thought I'd mention it.

Jasmine Thai Restaurant - Home

I saw Crosby Stills & Nash last week at the Ryman, and Graham Nash was talking about how nice it was to be back in Nashville and that they had gone out for sushi the night before, when they got into town. Then he said . . . . .

"I then remembered how far from the ocean we were . . "

Of course, not that it matters . . . except for maybe fresh lobster in New England . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville