Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:07 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,210,706 times

Advertisements

I saw BeBe Winans at the tailor last weekend...seemed like a very nice guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM

75 posts, read 201,773 times
Sorry but I agree with the other poster about Kate G. She asked for the attention. And I wouldnt be so quick to blame John for everything I have heard she is quite the witch. A friend of mine went to an autograph signing when she was signing her book. They were given a list of instructions and one of the things that they were not allowed to look her in the eyes. My friend promptly returned her book along with others.
I dont live in Nashville...yet! But have seen a couple around town. Saw Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood at Green Hills Cinema. Saw Tim and Faith and family at a Kats game. There are others but I cant thinkright now

Old 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,476,232 times
This happened years ago, but my dad had a flat tire and took his car to a mechanic. The mechanic fixed the flat and all my dad had was a $50 bill to pay for the service. The mechanic didn't have change but suggested that Mr. Monroe who was sitting in the lobby might have change. Sure enough it was bluegrass legend Bill Monroe and he gave my dad change for a $50. He said he had a wad of cash...probably a couple thousand dollars on him. Apparently he liked to hang out at this mechanic shop and drink coffee every morning. Who knew?

Old 09-20-2010, 03:19 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,338,224 times
What a sweet story about Bill Monroe!

Like I said, my husband and I don't recognize many people. A few weeks ago there were several different people in our church's band than are usually there. We made comments about missing our regulars. I learned a couple days later that the "fill-ins" were Restless Heart!

Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,511,645 times
About ten years ago, I stood in the American Airlines ticket line at BNA right behind Judy Collins... a really tiny lady. She was very nice.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I've seen quite a few celebs...but recently I saw Jack White at Holland House a few weeks ago, Scott Hamilton was sitting 2 rows behind me on a Southwest flight from Nashville to Las Vegas, Keith Urban driving on I 65.

Does Scott Hamilton live in Nashville now? That's really interesting. I used to know him.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Does Scott Hamilton live in Nashville now? That's really interesting. I used to know him.
Yes, he lives in Franklin.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Some interesting celebrities have homes here, though they may not live here full time, like Simon Fuller, the manager and producer who "invented" the Idol TV series.
I see country music folks a lot, sometimes in the school pickup line. But I ran into Jack White at Fulin's Asian Cuisine. I've seen model Niki Taylor at CoolSprings Galleria. We were both getting a cookie at the cookie place!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,845,500 times
Trisha Yearwood at the old Piggly Wiggly in Hville.
Taylor Swift at Starbucks in Hville...she is awesome, always so friendly to the fans when she is out
Peter Frampton at Cafe Rakka in Hville.
Jack White at Flyte in Nashville...he was eating by himself but all the waiters acted like he was their best friend. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Probably some more I'm sure..

Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,476,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
Peter Frampton at Cafe Rakka in Hville.
Didn't Guy Fieri go to Cafe Rakka when he was in town for Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives? I've never tried it...

Quote:
Jack White at Flyte in Nashville...he was eating by himself but all the waiters acted like he was their best friend. He seemed like a really nice guy.
The studio he owns is just down the road from Flyte...I bet he's in there quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville