Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 02:19 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,723,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
I dont see Bellevue taking off. i think its prime is in the past and far too much of Bellevue is in a flood zone that flooded very badly in 2010.
I think Bellevue Will remain a place for people with certain budgetary constraints. I've had four different friends buy houses in the last couple of months. All were looking in the same general price range (under $150K). Three are now in Bellevue. The other is closing tomorrow for a place in Joelton, chosen because it's close to Germantown/downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 02:36 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,337,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrajbhan View Post
I'm curious why you focus on historic housing (in 1900-1940s era)? Is it because they are ready to be knocked down or is it they have historic value?
Mainly historic value.

Look at a lot of citied (especially Midwestern) that are close to our population....much larger historic districts.

But...some neighborhoods do have problems with older/historic housing being razed for new development.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:48 PM

74 posts, read 89,830 times
South of downtown, I would focus on: Wedgewood Houston, Chestnut Hill, the fairgrounds area, the Trevecca area, Woodbine, Glencliffe and Radnor. Understand that the only 'inner ring', urban neighborhoods that have not doubled in the last 3 years are around TSU/ Fisk. Those will come, too - eventually. Virtually all other close in city neighborhoods have been discovered...including the ones I've mentioned. JMO

Old 09-23-2015, 04:19 PM

114 posts, read 141,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie1212 View Post
South of downtown, I would focus on: Wedgewood Houston, Chestnut Hill, the fairgrounds area, the Trevecca area, Woodbine, Glencliffe and Radnor. Understand that the only 'inner ring', urban neighborhoods that have not doubled in the last 3 years are around TSU/ Fisk. Those will come, too - eventually. Virtually all other close in city neighborhoods have been discovered...including the ones I've mentioned. JMO
Willie, it seems we always concur on this. I work a lot in these areas and would strongly agree with this list.

Madison, Donelson, West Nashville (Croleywood, other areas of 37209), Miro Meadows/Stardust Acres, Inglewood, parts of East Nashville that were formerly not hot/considered EN, Belle Acres, Spence Lane area, 37211 areas east of McMurray/Huntington across Nolensville, Paragon Mills all are starting to get attention, or have been and are continuing to grow. This is obviously my opinion only.

I do think we'll see Bellevue pick up, too. It will have a lot going for it with new development and it has one of the strongest elementary schools according to greatschools.org. (Harpeth) Not sure how much, but it seems pricing has bounced back post-flood for the most part.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:22 PM

114 posts, read 141,011 times
Wanted to add that I saw one of the duplex zoned lots off of Timber Valley/Elm Hill Pike with skinny houses recently. Much of that area is zoned for two family, so I wonder if it is the start of a trend. It has a Donelson zip, too: 37214.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:51 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,455 times
37214 is most associated with Donelson but in reality it's huge and covers a ton of space.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:21 PM

74 posts, read 89,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese Kitty View Post
Willie, it seems we always concur on this. I work a lot in these areas and would strongly agree with this list.

Madison, Donelson, West Nashville (Croleywood, other areas of 37209), Miro Meadows/Stardust Acres, Inglewood, parts of East Nashville that were formerly not hot/considered EN, Belle Acres, Spence Lane area, 37211 areas east of McMurray/Huntington across Nolensville, Paragon Mills all are starting to get attention, or have been and are continuing to grow. This is obviously my opinion only.

I do think we'll see Bellevue pick up, too. It will have a lot going for it with new development and it has one of the strongest elementary schools according to greatschools.org. (Harpeth) Not sure how much, but it seems pricing has bounced back post-flood for the most part.
Siamese Kitty, I like your additions. Especially Donelson near term. The others will happen, as well, due to proximity to town. If Murfreesboro Pike can clean up a bit (a lot!) and reduce crime...the neighborhoods along it can take off. Bellevue will start to crank it up, too. Too much going for it, particularly for Gen X's and Y's thinking about starting a fam. IMO

Old 09-24-2015, 03:50 PM

22 posts, read 32,912 times
This thread basicially says buy anywhere in Nashville and you'll do well. There is already a slow down in the market and you can see sellers lowering prices all over town. Something you didn't see much of earlier in the year. With the upcoming interest rate hikes in the next 1 or 2 quarters prices will stabilize. If you buy anything now, consider it a long term investment and not something to flip in a year a two. Instead of listening to someone's promise that the roughest area of the city will get better, a safer bet would be to build your cash and take advantage of the financially leveraged people in the next downturn. Timing is everything in investing.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:13 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One23 View Post
This thread basicially says buy anywhere in Nashville and you'll do well. There is already a slow down in the market and you can see sellers lowering prices all over town. Something you didn't see much of earlier in the year.
Not seeing this in my neighborhood. In fact there are three new projects ready to break ground with starting prices over $400,000/unit, which is 40% over what I paid. I will be extremely happy if they get it.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:10 PM

22 posts, read 32,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Not seeing this in my neighborhood. In fact there are three new projects ready to break ground with starting prices over $400,000/unit, which is 40% over what I paid. I will be extremely happy if they get it.
N. Cal, you're just not paying attention to the price reductions. The most recent attached townhouses that were completed in your neighborhood both had price reductions. Like you said, you purchased in 2013 and that was a good time to buy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville