Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 02:43 PM

39 posts, read 246,313 times

Advertisements

When you say poor, does that instill more crime? I know in most poorer couties or cities, there statistically means more crime. I'm fine with getting everything in Nashville or other couties. My biggest concern is safty and getting the most for my dollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Can I get acres of land and house for around the same amount in Springfield/robertson county or is there a huge price difference?

Old 03-05-2007, 03:07 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
Poor meaning Cheatham County is small and doesn't have the economy of other counties. There's one large water heater manufacturing plant and a barge building operation, but little other industry. So, many of the residents have to go to either Nashville or Clarksville for good jobs. Also, the farm land in Cheatham County isn't great, so farming never prospered. Farmers eeks out a living by growing tobacco (which doesn't require a large acreage), some corn, hay, and cows. Of course, these are just broad statements, they don't apply to every part of the county. They also don't have much of a retail economy. All of these factors combined meant Cheatham County had a smaller tax base, and therefore was not able to offer all the services that some other counties could.

Most of the people in Cheatham County are nice, decent folks, but not too many of them are rich or even well-off compared to, say, Williamson County.

As for crime, I'm guessing most of the crime is of the variety of stealing someone's lawn mover, or breaking into their garage and taking their power tools. Of course, like EVERYWHERE these days, there's some violent crimes and some drug problems (you can stay away from that easily enough). I would consider it a low crime area, but I'd have to look up the statistics. I would think violent crime is very low.

By the way, rather than try to guess your other question, I've contact a real estate agent I know and asked her about prices of a small house and a few acres in Cheathan, Robertson, and the northwest section of Davidson County. I haven't heard back from her yet. Again, I'm not trying to drum up business for an agent. I don't care who you use.

Last edited by alleycat; 03-05-2007 at 03:24 PM..

Old 03-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Hey thanks Alleycat. I appriciate your help as well. It's alot more difficult moving state to state then it seems.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
The agent is looking up some information. I'll get back to you tomorrow, or later this week.

I'll be interested in what she comes up with myself.

It would probably be helpful if you could send me your e-mail address by PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville