Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:11 AM

7 posts, read 15,385 times

Advertisements

I'm planning an escape from the liberal-infested Northeast and am wondering what the political personality is of Nashville. No direct offense intended to anyone reading this - but I despise and have little respect for liberals. I'm hoping to hear that there's a solid conservative class somewhere in the Nashville area!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:54 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
I would vote Republican in Mass occassionally, but I would never do it here. If I hear one more time that the reason to vote for someone is because they are a "good Christian". How about they are against government intrusion into my personal affairs and small government? that would be a "conservative" I could vote for. Living in TN has moved me so far to the left.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:19 AM

297 posts, read 1,078,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I would vote Republican in Mass occassionally, but I would never do it here. If I hear one more time that the reason to vote for someone is because they are a "good Christian". How about they are against government intrusion into my personal affairs and small government? that would be a "conservative" I could vote for. Living in TN has moved me so far to the left.
So true...

Old 04-30-2010, 08:47 AM

909 posts, read 1,062,496 times
The Topeka, Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is a small virulently homophobic, anti-Semitic hate group that regularly stages protests around the country, often several times a week.

You might want to try Topeka, Kansas instead of Nashville. There might be more of the Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph types there. And at least one plenty conservative church you could join.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaround View Post
.......liberal-infested....No direct offense intended ......... but I despise and have little respect for liberals.....
Now why would anyone be offended by that?

Oy.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:28 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaround View Post
I'm planning an escape from the liberal-infested Northeast and am wondering what the political personality is of Nashville. No direct offense intended to anyone reading this - but I despise and have little respect for liberals. I'm hoping to hear that there's a solid conservative class somewhere in the Nashville area!
You will have no problem finding fellow conservatives in the Nashville area. Davidson County/Nashville is mostly Democrat...and has had a Democrat US Congressman since Reconstruction.

The surrounding counties/suburbs are mostly conservative. Williamson County (Franklin/Brentwood) to the south is staunchly Republican, as is Sumner County (Hendersonville/Gallatin) to the Northeast. Tennessee has become a very "red" state in recent years. You shouldn't have any problem in finding individuals with conservative viewpoints in this area...even in Davidson County/Nashville.

Finally, I think you'll find that Southern Democrats are more conservative than New England Democrats. I'm sorry that you "despise and have little respect for liberals"...but we're not all bad, you know. After all, I (a liberal) answered your question without any vitriol or rancor.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Here's to Don!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Hendersonville, Franklin/Brentwood, and Mt. Juliet are all worth looking at. Stay away from the "hip" areas of Davidson County. I never considered East Nashville, Hillsboro Village, or Sylvan Park for the exact reasons as you.

My general rule is this. When the Priuses outnumber the Hummers, you know you're "behind enemy lines."

Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Hendersonville, Franklin/Brentwood, and Mt. Juliet are all worth looking at. Stay away from the "hip" areas of Davidson County. I never considered East Nashville, Hillsboro Village, or Sylvan Park for the exact reasons as you.

My general rule is this. When the Priuses outnumber the Hummers, you know you're "behind enemy lines."
I forgot Mt. Juliet. Good idea, Pimpy.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM

374 posts, read 693,063 times
In Nashville proper I'd say the bumper stickers for Obama outnumber the Republican ones by at least 10 to one (warms my heart). So if that's gonna bug you till they all peel off you might wanna steer clear of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville