Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:11 PM

25 posts, read 136,074 times

Advertisements

I have lived in California most of my life. I am 46. I have a teenager, who just started 9th grade. We currently live in a city of 250k people. The population is mostly hispanic with other non-white races as well. Very progressive indeed... including the crime, drugs, drive by shootings, home invasions, illegal immigrants by the millions, anti-Christian sentiments, pregnant children in school... usual fare in a liberal, godless, State government.

I am looking for a more "sane" environment to raise my 9th grade child and live in peace. Looking for a town that values Christianity. One that offers friendliness to new comers. Affordable housing (buyers market) with nice sized property lots, lower property taxes, good schools, an older community is preferable. A place where children can play outside without fearing for their safety. Anyone know of a place like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 03:38 PM

6 posts, read 23,990 times
I live in Kimball,Ne. It is a town of 2500. Very friendly with a great school system. Most people here have great christian values. There are 15 churches in Kimball. House prices are very reasonable. Jobs can be hard to find but we are only 45 minutes from Cheyenne, Wy,Scottsbluff, NE and Sidney, Ne. Please check out the website. Welcome to Kimball - The High Point of Nebraska

Old 09-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teal View Post
I live in Kimball,Ne. It is a town of 2500. Very friendly with a great school system. Most people here have great christian values. There are 15 churches in Kimball. House prices are very reasonable. Jobs can be hard to find but we are only 45 minutes from Cheyenne, Wy,Scottsbluff, NE and Sidney, Ne. Please check out the website. Welcome to Kimball - The High Point of Nebraska
Thank you, I will. Hopefully real estate agents are named and online with their properties for sale.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:02 AM

16 posts, read 103,095 times
You can check out Bridgeport as well. It's about 45 minutes from Kimball, and housing is much cheaper than the surrounding areas. We are 40 minutes from Alliance, 35 from Scottsbluff and 35 from Sidney. Gives you a host of job locations to choose from. We moved here after living in several large cities, and this is the place we chose to raise our three boys. The schools are good, housing prices are reasonable, and our crime is mostly petty pranks, etc. You can see some houses for sale online at Moderator cut: advertising and a few others are available on realtor.com. Hope that helps!

Last edited by Keeper; 09-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Realtor advertising

Old 09-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Thank you, I will

Old 09-08-2007, 10:54 PM

16 posts, read 103,095 times
Forgot to post the link to the official city page: Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce. Kraupie's Real Estate is the only one in town that has online listings for real estate (find them through Google).

Old 09-09-2007, 11:00 AM

482 posts, read 2,226,434 times
Check out Seward, York or Aurora Nebraska. All close to a major city yet far enough away that you can get away from it all to a nice quiet town. All three are from about 3000 to 6000 in size. Most all schools in Nebraska are very good.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 AM

276 posts, read 792,970 times
First of all, I completely understand. I lived in CA for 26yrs and taught high school. At present, I am living in FL which isn't much better than CA; however, I have an elderly mother that needs me. I spent a great deal of time in NE over the years, and my dad is from Nebr. City. I wish you good luck. CA is gone and other places such as FL are following close behind. I am also more than ready to leave FL. Most definitely, your son will be much better off in NE (and he will also receive a better education and as well as more commonality of culture)!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM

7 posts, read 27,647 times
Battle Creek NE is the place you want to be. It is west of Norfolk.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 PM

Thank you all for your good information and kind replies. I will do my best to research these places you have all suggested. Wish me luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska