Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:52 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
But it is about PC stupidity..
Don't care if Starbucks has little red cups with no messages
that is their business.. but to deny the holiday is what it is and actively remove the word Christmas.. yeah that is nothing but PC insanity.. here in NH

School district bans the word 'Christmas' from flyer | Fox News

If you get your info from Fox, you will be paranoid all year - not just at Christmas.

As far as the red cups at Starbucks go, I think they are tasteful and festive.

I LOVE Christmas - but I realize that increasingly more Americans are not only Christian. This does not diminish my own Christmas experience. I decorate my home. I go to Christmas Eve candlelight service. I exchange gifts.

But, I say "Happy Holidays" to strangers or acquaintances who may be celebrating another holiday.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:34 PM

385 posts, read 345,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
If you get your info from Fox...
And you recommend...?

Old 12-04-2015, 02:23 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
As the thread continues remember to stay calm and respectful. This isn't the Politics forum and the rules still apply even if you are angry and/or think you are right.
Yac.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:44 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
If you get your info from Fox, you will be paranoid all year - not just at Christmas.

As far as the red cups at Starbucks go, I think they are tasteful and festive.

I LOVE Christmas - but I realize that increasingly more Americans are not only Christian. This does not diminish my own Christmas experience. I decorate my home. I go to Christmas Eve candlelight service. I exchange gifts.

But, I say "Happy Holidays" to strangers or acquaintances who may be celebrating another holiday.
and if you dismiss the source because it came from Fox you will be uninformed all year, not just at Christmas. IE the story has run both locally and nationally. So how's bout we stick to the subject instead of the snide digs at the source or is that too hard?

Old 12-04-2015, 04:55 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
I would love to meet these people who are offended by Christmas trees. Do they actually exist, or are they a figment of the PC crowds' imagination?

Old 12-04-2015, 05:04 AM

385 posts, read 398,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I would love to meet these people who are offended by Christmas trees. Do they actually exist, or are they a figment of the PC crowds' imagination?

Like most things, a few outspoken fools get all the media's attention and it doesn't come close to representing what most Americans believe. Unfortunately, corporate America falls for all this foolishness.

Lou

Old 12-04-2015, 05:48 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Like most things, a few outspoken fools get all the media's attention and it doesn't come close to representing what most Americans believe. Unfortunately, corporate America falls for all this foolishness.

Lou
I don't believe these alleged offended people even exist. I really don't.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:51 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I don't believe these alleged offended people even exist. I really don't.
exhibit A

Originally Posted by unit731
Correct.
All of this made up issue is created by Fox News. It's Fox News and the "other" main stream media.
Us against them.
Plays into the base of Donald Trump. White middle class America.

I don't want your "Jesus" jammed into my public schools. I don't want anyone's religion in a taxpayer funded school.
All of this has already been settled a long time ago. With subsequent cases.

Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 (1962), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case that ruled it is unconstitutional for state officials to compose an official school prayer and encourage its recitation in public schools.

Roger Ailes is a genius. Fox News is a for profit company. And ratings bring in the advertising revenues.
Get the older middle age white viewership all worked up.

Happy Festivus !

Old 12-04-2015, 05:59 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Apparently publisher Joe McQuaid likes this hysteria.
Manchester Union Leader.

Front page. December 4, 2015 edition.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:07 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,877 times
I don't think that to many people are offended by Christmas trees, but, fox will have you believe that there are hordes of people running around angry at Christmas trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire