U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
4,541 posts, read 11,743,802 times
Reputation: 4107

Advertisements

<looking around> who me? I can post the Whoopie Pie recipe when I get back online, but the tourtiere (meat pie) is going to have to wait until I can get to my recipe books (they're all in a bin, amongst many other bins, while we are doing some remodeling of sorts...) I'll be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Hmmm....was that Valerie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Madbury, New Hampshire
885 posts, read 2,330,230 times
Reputation: 645
Happy birthday Suzette.

Does this count as a recipe?...:

Ice
1/2 thumb of Bombay Sapphire London Gin
1 slice fresh lime
1/2 to 3/4 tsp fresh lime juice
Schweppes tonic water (NOT diet!!! Not Canada Dry!)

Fill a large tumbler glass 1/3 with ice. Pour in gin, add lime and juice. Fill to halfway with tonic. Stir well. Top off glass with tonic (ratio should be 1:4 gin to tonic). Enjoy and repeat as necessary.

I call this: The British Empire's Greatest Achievement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Moving
1,249 posts, read 2,564,412 times
Reputation: 1322
Default Happy Burthday to you Suzet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hey All,

Ok here is our brand new "sticky". We are going to have an Off Topic Chat Room. This will be a place to go to just shoot the breeze. Exchange a recipe, or discuss the weather, how you hate your boss..lol, etc..

I do not want this thread to be a political one, as we all know people and politics can get pretty nasty, and we have a forum for politics already. I dont want name calling or nasty comments. Please respect each other. This is a place for us to go and just chat and share something about your day. Lets have fun with this people. I will give infractions or delete comments if I have to. But with all the great people on here, I know I wont have to do that. Ok now with all that said.........I'll start this thread off with my tales of what I did this past Sunday

My birthday was on Sat, so my family surprised me with a train trip down to San Diego to see The Whaley house. The train ride was fun, the scenery was beautiful, it was rainy though. What the heck was up with that. Well anyway, the ride was 3 hours long. When we got there, The Whaley house was literally a 3 minute walk from the train station. On our walk we passed by more Mexican Resturants on one street, I was surprised!! There was like 4 in a row. So with our luck we picked the worst one. The food was so disgusting!! So on to The Whaley House. It was a cool looking house. I love going through old homes. According to The Travel Channel, it is one of the most haunted homes in the country. I didnt see or feel anything. The only thing scarey was the resturant we went to. It was fun to see it in the flesh, even though we didnt see a ghosty. So on to the next haunted house!
I agree Suzet, we should definitely have at least one post devoid of politics and controversy! Good idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
 
2,375 posts, read 2,250,866 times
Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
<looking around> who me? I can post the Whoopie Pie recipe when I get back online, but the tourtiere (meat pie) is going to have to wait until I can get to my recipe books (they're all in a bin, amongst many other bins, while we are doing some remodeling of sorts...) I'll be back
Ok, we will wait patiently If you don't mind sharing, what remodeling are you doing? I enjoy home improvement projects.

Suzet, I watched Samantha Brown on the travel channel yesterday & she was in Iceland. It was beautiful. It was cold & rainy most of the time. She said it reminded her of a little New England town. btw, she's from New Hampshire. I really enjoy her shows. Here's a recent interview: New Hampshire Magazine (http://www.nhmagazine.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080101/NHM01/917113548 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,928,112 times
Reputation: 4246
Talking Hello & Happy Birthday Suzet!

HELLO SUZET!


Suzet THANK YOU for this thread, its pretty cool!

I wanted to wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I hope that it was a great one! Many BLESSINGS to you!

I have not had much of a chance to be on here as I would like, my body was

trying to catch something And I now have a terrible cold or bug

Anyway, if you or anyone else reading this has a MAGIC CURE to get rid of

this ASAP, I would appreciate it, any and all tips are welcome!!


Take good care everyone!

Countrylv22




Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hey All,

Ok here is our brand new "sticky". We are going to have an Off Topic Chat Room. This will be a place to go to just shoot the breeze. Exchange a recipe, or discuss the weather, how you hate your boss..lol, etc..

I do not want this thread to be a political one, as we all know people and politics can get pretty nasty, and we have a forum for politics already. I dont want name calling or nasty comments. Please respect each other. This is a place for us to go and just chat and share something about your day. Lets have fun with this people. I will give infractions or delete comments if I have to. But with all the great people on here, I know I wont have to do that. Ok now with all that said.........I'll start this thread off with my tales of what I did this past Sunday

My birthday was on Sat, so my family surprised me with a train trip down to San Diego to see The Whaley house. The train ride was fun, the scenery was beautiful, it was rainy though. What the heck was up with that. Well anyway, the ride was 3 hours long. When we got there, The Whaley house was literally a 3 minute walk from the train station. On our walk we passed by more Mexican Resturants on one street, I was surprised!! There was like 4 in a row. So with our luck we picked the worst one. The food was so disgusting!! So on to The Whaley House. It was a cool looking house. I love going through old homes. According to The Travel Channel, it is one of the most haunted homes in the country. I didnt see or feel anything. The only thing scarey was the resturant we went to. It was fun to see it in the flesh, even though we didnt see a ghosty. So on to the next haunted house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
HELLO SUZET!


Suzet THANK YOU for this thread, its pretty cool!

I wanted to wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I hope that it was a great one! Many BLESSINGS to you!

I have not had much of a chance to be on here as I would like, my body was

trying to catch something And I now have a terrible cold or bug

Anyway, if you or anyone else reading this has a MAGIC CURE to get rid of

this ASAP, I would appreciate it, any and all tips are welcome!!


Take good care everyone!

Countrylv22

Hope you feel better Countrylv22!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Back in NYS
2,489 posts, read 7,269,975 times
Reputation: 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
HELLO SUZET!


Suzet THANK YOU for this thread, its pretty cool!

I wanted to wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I hope that it was a great one! Many BLESSINGS to you!

I have not had much of a chance to be on here as I would like, my body was

trying to catch something And I now have a terrible cold or bug

Anyway, if you or anyone else reading this has a MAGIC CURE to get rid of

this ASAP, I would appreciate it, any and all tips are welcome!!


Take good care everyone!

Countrylv22
Hi there Countrylv - People call me nuts, but....Whenever I feel a cold, flu, bug or whatever coming on, I take 1000-2000 mg of Vit C and I also drink echinacea tea and make chicken soup with lots of garlic and some fresh ginger root. If I do that in the very beginning when I feel something coming on, I'm fine by the next day...if I wait, whatever I have is gone in no more than 3 days.

Feel beter soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,928,112 times
Reputation: 4246
Thumbs up Hello Nicolem!

THANK YOU NICOLEM!


You are very kind!

Thank You for your wishes! I appreciate it!

Take care,

Countrylv22



Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Hope you feel better Countrylv22!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,928,112 times
Reputation: 4246
Thumbs up Hello Dare To Dream! And Thank You!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH "DARE TO DREAM"!


You guys are the BEST!!

I appreciate the advice, and I do not think that you are nuts! LOL!!

And now that I think about it, my Mother swears by GINGER for about

everything. I guess that is why she is never sick, huh?

I guess since I feel miserable, I am brain dead LOL! , and cannot think

about stuff like that.

And I had heard that GARLIC is supposed to be good for a ton of things!

So, I will try everything you suggested!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the tips!

I appreciate it all "DARE TO DREAM"!! Thank You for your wishes!

You are very kind!

Take good care everyone!

Countrylv22




Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Hi there Countrylv - People call me nuts, but....Whenever I feel a cold, flu, bug or whatever coming on, I take 1000-2000 mg of Vit C and I also drink echinacea tea and make chicken soup with lots of garlic and some fresh ginger root. If I do that in the very beginning when I feel something coming on, I'm fine by the next day...if I wait, whatever I have is gone in no more than 3 days.

Feel beter soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Finger Lakes, NY
223 posts, read 882,665 times
Reputation: 281
If you can remember one thing you'll be set to live to 102 ... garlic is the cure all. And it keeps your enemies at a safe distance .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top