Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 06:55 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,326,380 times

Advertisements

Hi guys! I am so excited as I just booked my husband's 40th birthday surprise. It is not until April and I have to keep it from him until then- I do not know how I will be able to do it!

We will be having lunch atop a lighthouse in Newburyport Massachusetts. We have the WHOLE lighthouse to ourselves from 10-4. There are five resturants and you choose and then a waitress brings you up the food-up like 75 steps or something. There will be great views as we dine. I had wanted to do dinner but that was booked as they fill up months in advance. It is a little pricy but your donation goes to the Lighthouse Preservation Society. My husband and I have visited a lot of lighthouses over the years and we feel it is important to help preserve part of our history.

I will be booking us at a inn for Friday and Saturday nights-not sure which one yet and we will go to Plum Island and plan on hiking and having a great time checking out the local scene. I am so excited I already told a few friends but I am bursting- I had to come here and tell my forum friends. It will be hard keeping this from hubby as I am so excited about this.

Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 AM

223 posts, read 1,003,496 times
Nicole, that sounds grand!!!! There is no way I'd be able to keep that secret for that long ... I would just start sputtering with excitement. After 75 steps, do you suppose your food will still be warm? Whenever you have an urge to spill it to you hubby, hop one here and express your excitment (burst away) ... maybe that will help.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiChick View Post
Nicole, that sounds grand!!!! There is no way I'd be able to keep that secret for that long ... I would just start sputtering with excitement. After 75 steps, do you suppose your food will still be warm? Whenever you have an urge to spill it to you hubby, hop one here and express your excitment (burst away) ... maybe that will help.
Thanks SkiChick-yes maybe I will do that. I already told him to put in for the vacation day for that Friday. He has not even asked about it. I really do want it to be a surprise- I do not want to ruin it for him so I may have to jump on here and chat about it with you guys to prevent me from ruining his surprise.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,364 times
Nicole, that is awesome!
And a good cause, too!
Please give us a review after the fact, I'd really like to hear how much you enjoyed it so I can live vicariously

Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Nicole, that is awesome!
And a good cause, too!
Please give us a review after the fact, I'd really like to hear how much you enjoyed it so I can live vicariously
Thanks Lisa!! I will definelty give a review and make sure that I take pictures too

Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,198 times
nicolem, That sounds like a wonderful birthday surprise! Looking forward to the review & the photos too.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times
Glad that you were able to book it, I am very envious of you!! I bet it's going to be such a unique experience!!

The lighthouse is on the Newburyport side of Plum Island, and you'll look out onto the mouth of the Merrimack River. The Parker River reservation is at the other side of the island, and one of my favorite places to go beach combing. I have many shells, sand dollars, and sea glass from that area...

If you are looking for any info on things to do in Newburyport, let me know. I practically grew up there, and still spend quite a bit of time in the area whenever possible...

Old 02-15-2008, 04:55 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,854 times
Nicole - Sounds like it will be a b'day to remember! Like SkiChick said - whenever you think you may "spill the beans" come here and spill them instead!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:51 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,854 times
Well, we had our taxes done this morning....had an 8:30 a.m. appointment and finished up at 11:30! Geesh I hate this time of the year. However, for the first time in 10 years, we're actually getting a refund! Yay!!!!! Also, we didn't have to pay any NYS Income Taxes...YAY!!!!!! That's one thing I REALLY don't miss!

I just thought I'd throw this in here

Old 02-17-2008, 08:22 PM

39 posts, read 173,284 times
A glass of Port wine, some Asprin and then rub chest, neck and where ever else (be careful though if you know what I mean) down with Vicks Rub (thanks Grandama) and get under the covers. You will sweat like a dog but wow do you feel better in the morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire