Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 08:14 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,364 times

Advertisements

oh, I would always hate it getting that hot in May. Summer there was always my hibernation time, also because of the astronomically high ozone levels contributing to the unhealthy air. My husband & daughter have asthma, always worse in those conditions.

Look at it this way, Suzette, I'll bet you have a killer tan hanging out on the beach, and are not covered in bug bites! Keep looking at the positives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,198 times
Shake & Bake...LMAO

Suzette, Sounds like you enjoyed the beach! Nice you had a chance to relax & escape the heat.

Today was much cooler. I hope summer doesn't get too hot! I like the summer in New Hampshire...there's humidity, but also thunderstorms...nice because it cools everything off!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:18 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,258 times
Lol Lisa, well ok, I do kinda have a tan. I have to admit, I love being tan. And since I was about 13 thats what I have been doing. Little did we know that baby oil and iodine wasnt such a good choice to use, and that burning wasnt good in anyway. So now I either use the Mystic Spray Tanner, or some kind of self tanning lotion. Thank god I didnt get the leather look that I see so many women out here. What a shame their skin got ruined by the sun.

Dare to me our weather is boring, cuz it is ugly. And I am so used to it, it doesnt phase me. I want some beautiful foliage and clear water, and walking trails, and snowmobiling, etc...The smog is really awful out this way. And it causes people like Lisa and my daughter to have bad asthma. And that mixed with the stiffling(sp?) air, sucks!! LMAO at the Shake and Bake. That is very true though. We call what I do, a Fake Bake. As far as the fires, yes they are awful. You thought the air was bad already, wait till you mix the smog with the smoke.

Did anyone see the Friends episode where Ross used the Mystic Tanner, lmao, that was a classic. I laugh everytime I see that one.

I would love to have thunder storms. We dont get them here Boo, they pass us by. Thunder storms happen more out Palmdale way. The only time I ever really experienced thunder storms was when I spent the summer in Littleton, Colo. I just loved them. My god it was hot today. My anxiety attacks are in full motion with this stupid heat. I have never had an panic attack because of cold, so for me, it might be worth the trade off. This summer is going to be very hard on me...sigh.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:44 AM

951 posts, read 1,654,422 times
Ok, this a bit off-topic, which is why I'm posting it here. I thought I was somewhat savvy to internet lingo and abbreviations, but there is one that I cannot figure out. When a woman refers to her spouse as "her DH" what in the blazes does that stand for? Da Hubby? Daddy Husband? Dead Head? Designated Hitter? (oh, maybe not that one), Dedicated Helper? What does it mean!!!!!!!!???!!! I cannot move on to anything else until I know. AARRGGHH!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:54 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Ok, this a bit off-topic, which is why I'm posting it here. I thought I was somewhat savvy to internet lingo and abbreviations, but there is one that I cannot figure out. When a woman refers to her spouse as "her DH" what in the blazes does that stand for? Da Hubby? Daddy Husband? Dead Head? Designated Hitter? (oh, maybe not that one), Dedicated Helper? What does it mean!!!!!!!!???!!! I cannot move on to anything else until I know. AARRGGHH!!!!
I always thought it referred to "dear husband".....much like DW would be "dear wife." Of course in some cases, DH could also refer to a husband who is a....er.....uh......Richard Cranium.........if he's really bad

Old 05-20-2008, 07:19 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times
Wink dare to dream is a comic

HA HA HA LOL DARE TO DREAM that is funny.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I always thought it referred to "dear husband".....much like DW would be "dear wife." Of course in some cases, DH could also refer to a husband who is a....er.....uh......Richard Cranium.........if he's really bad
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot about that one!! I just about spit my tea all over the keyboard! LOL!!!

Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,854 times
What else would you guys expect from someone with purple hair and a tinfoil hat...and has been called delightfully demented??????????

Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
What else would you guys expect from someone with purple hair and a tinfoil hat...and has been called delightfully demented??????????
Silly me! I should have known!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/bryfry62/tinfoilhat.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times
Talking Keep Up The Funny

OH,man. that is crazy. i think you guys take tooooo many silly pills. LOL EVERY TIME I READ WHAT YOU GUYS POST I EITHER START SMILING OR LAUGHING. hey, did you check out the new pic's i posted ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire