Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:51 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times

Advertisements

I have always been interested in smoking foods.I built a homemade smoker out of an old metal refridgerator back in the late 80's.One thing lead to another and we opened a commercial meat smoking operation and ran that for 10 years up in Deerfield.I started smoking fish when i moved down here.Most things taste better with a little"SMOKE"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times
Do you use one of those big smokers that looks like a big long barrel on it's side? Sounds like a terrific hobby turned business enterprise. Only I'm thinking pork, not fish

Old 06-23-2008, 04:42 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Lisa, Thats what i have down here. It's like a barrell laid sideways with a firebox mounted off the side. I had some room sized smokers up there. One 12'x14' and one8'x12' Both 7' tall. Be real careful when your smoking pork. Your temperatures are very important. We did a lot of pork up there. The last year we were open we did almost 95,000 lbs.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 AM

mmmm....slow smoked pork!!! There are few things in life that can compare I'm not about to attempt smoking meats until gaining some discipline and focus so I don't torch the place here!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
mPP

1 posts, read 1,537 times
Default my Passion Project

Hi Guys,

I just created a new website where visitors can share with the world what they love to do - quickly, easily and for free! Its [url]http://www.mypassionproject.com[/url]

I have been working on my Passion Project for the past few months, incubating it from concept to fully-formed idea to an actual website. I have had a blast designing it, developing it, and dreaming of its future possibilities. It has certainly become my Passion Project and I'm excited to finally let everyone see it.

There are already some amazing posts over on the site, so go check it out and be sure to leave some comments or submit something yourself! Enjoy!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
here's a couple of the many hobbies DW is into

this is made from plastic canvas threaded with yarn
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/100_1923.jpg (broken link)

this she made out of polymer clay
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/003.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 09:41 AM

Wow, those are cute, JFR!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:28 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Wow, those are cute, JFR!

that little bear thingy is all hand made from polymer clay.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:42 PM

105 posts, read 357,920 times
I sew, mostly totebags, pillows, Christmas stockings and grosgrain belts. I used to sew my daughter's dresses when they were little. I also did decoupage on boxes and furniture.

Here are 2 totebags I just made for our local hospital's clambake fundraiser.

Daniellefort: That lamp is amazing!! Have you thought about selling them through an organization like League of NH Craftsmen/ ?

Buck Naked: your oil painting are fabulous! Wish I had talent like that

jthibodeau: what lucky grandchilden! Wonderful craftsmanship on the cribs

Auto: those cars are stylin' !

mostro: cool photo. I've seen cards done in the 3D effect, really neat.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:04 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
wow nhrocky, those are great!! I would buy something like that--do you sell them, or just use for fundraisers? The last thing I sewed, well let's say it didn't come out as planned. I was much more creative back when I was young(er) and I made some fantastic Halloween costumes in my day. Now, however, I'm lucky if it's recognizable for what it is. I DID make a dandy "draft tube" that I filled with rice to stop the drafts from coming under the door in winter LOL, does that count??

FR, your wife is very talented--does she roll out the clay and shape into the animals?? Somewhere I have a duck that I made from some dough. No, really... we were out at a Mexican food restaurant in Missouri, and they gave us each a little dough ball to amuse ourselves while we were waiting (they had probably fallen on the floor so couldn't use them for making tortillas). Anyway, I (who has no artistic ability) made a duck that I thought came out pretty cute, and I still have it somewhere. If I can find it, I'll snap a picture of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire