Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:13 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

This may be another right/left online debate but is one of the most intelligent ones I've ever read.

The "conservative Republicans" who forgot to balance a budget - the same ones who gave us our wonderful national deficit - are also in the middle of destroying my home state of Texas. They had a head start, because you might recall who was governor before the current one - the one who issued an executive order to have all public school sixth-grade girls given the new (and largely untested) anti-HPV vaccine on a mandatory basis. His order conveniently left out how to pay for it all. The whole thing was eventually shot down, and the pipe dream that Texas is all about small government went down in flames with it.

To the fine people of New Hampshire - do not let your state fall into the grip of the tax-and-spend "liberals" and the borrow-and-spend "conservatives." You have the greatest state motto in our country. Live by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 05:16 AM

453 posts, read 2,101,315 times
i'm a libertarian that moved to new hampshire....didn't know about that project, though

Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
This may be another right/left on line debate but is one of the most intelligent ones I've ever read.

The "conservative Republicans" who forgot to balance a budget - the same ones who gave us our wonderful national deficit - are also in the middle of destroying my home state of Texas. They had a head start, because you might recall who was governor before the current one - the one who issued an executive order to have all public school sixth-grade girls given the new (and largely untested) anti-HOV vaccine on a mandatory basis. His order conveniently left out how to pay for it all. The whole thing was eventually shot down, and the pipe dream that Texas is all about small government went down in flames with it.

To the fine people of New Hampshire - do not let your state fall into the grip of the tax-and-spend "liberals" and the borrow-and-spend "conservatives." You have the greatest state motto in our country. Live by it.
I must agree with this post. A conservative I am, But by no means am I a Modern one. Both parties have left the true meaning of America out. Land of the free,(unless Democrats have control)And the new Republican party has left the conservative roots as well, with there borrow and spend. Too bad. NH will fight til the end. We can't very well be the next VT. LOL Lovely state, ****ty government, and laws there. NH is loosing it's freedoms more and more to the Dem's in control. To bad the Libertarians don't move quick.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 PM

66 posts, read 298,139 times
Agree. Both parties have let us down. We better react and take back our country to the grass roots level before we lose our hard won freedoms. I'm supporting Ron Paul for that reason. He probably can't win, but his message resonates honesty, common sense and a return to patriot values. The Republicans currently in power have no idea what it means to be conservative. Ronald Reagan wouldn't recognize his party.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:21 PM

37 posts, read 121,114 times
My only concern as a New Hampshire resident...is that the organization's internet recruiting may lead to some of those 20,000 people possibly being non-contributors to the state. I don't know too many people that can just up and leave thier jobs and move the family "when the time comes" (If you want to know more check out the Free Stater web site).

Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
As a native born Texan I do not acknowledge the stooge in the Oval Office as one of my own. I do, however, happily claim Ron Paul...I'm honored to have been a constituent of his at one time.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,282 times
Can anyone tell me, are there a lot of Libertarians in Utah? If you don't want to go into it in this forum, can you direct me to a place I could get the info. from regular citizens - as opposed to city gov. sites, etc. I am from New England, which is why I was looking at this forum, but am planning to relocate to a state with much less humidity. Some have suggested Utah although I favor Reno, NV or Albuquerque. I was a little concerned about what percentage of LDS (Mormon) Utah is. Although supposedly not political, it is hard to imagine a State with a high percentage of any religion not reflecting the values of that religion. Then again the Nevada board posters say plenty of Mormons are big business/gaming industry.

At first glance, it seems like free staters (just looked at their website) would not necessarily be conservative. I have been so disgusted with both political parties, I tried to vote Green in the 2004 elections, but my state didn't have many running. I know lots of Republicans are upset, I was looking into relocating to Texas, too.

I didn't want to ask in the Utah forum... if it seems passionate here, imagine there.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Smile Hello Localinsight!

Hello there!

There are quite a bit of Libertarians in NH, so hopefully someone will chime in soon & help you out.
However, if you go to the Free State Project website, I believe it has a forum that you could probably get the answer you are looking for, regarding Utah.
I believe you have to type in "forum dot free state project dot org."

Good luck with your search!

Take care,
Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Can anyone tell me, are there a lot of Libertarians in Utah? If you don't want to go into it in this forum, can you direct me to a place I could get the info. from regular citizens - as opposed to city gov. sites, etc. I am from New England, which is why I was looking at this forum, but am planning to relocate to a state with much less humidity. Some have suggested Utah although I favor Reno, NV or Albuquerque. I was a little concerned about what percentage of LDS (Mormon) Utah is. Although supposedly not political, it is hard to imagine a State with a high percentage of any religion not reflecting the values of that religion. Then again the Nevada board posters say plenty of Mormons are big business/gaming industry.

At first glance, it seems like free staters (just looked at their website) would not necessarily be conservative. I have been so disgusted with both political parties, I tried to vote Green in the 2004 elections, but my state didn't have many running. I know lots of Republicans are upset, I was looking into relocating to Texas, too.

I didn't want to ask in the Utah forum... if it seems passionate here, imagine there.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:49 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I like what you said in that last section. However, I will say that both political parties are having issues balancing the budget. New Hampshire just knows how to get things done efficiently without having to increase taxes and spending a lot compared with other states in the northeast.
<A libertarian>

Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 PM

117 posts, read 485,926 times
You first don't spend what you don't have and if you didn't have it you don't need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire