Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM

497 posts, read 955,189 times

Advertisements

NJFID is now $60, have a friend that just got one.
Along with 1 a month, it's now $18 per application for pistol, but not per permit. they remain @ $2.00 per.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 03:32 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,678,837 times
Quote:
$18 per application for pistol
That was recently put into effect for the background check. Few know that local agencies cannot use SCIS/NJIC for applicant uses. If allowed the state check really wouldn't be necessary. We never charged residents for the permits. More work to make out the receipts and send the money to the civilian clerk for deposit than it was worth.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:34 PM

18,361 posts, read 26,566,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have no idea why NJ folks want to hide their guns.... They just do. I am only speaking of people I really know face to face and have been in their homes though.

Do to that most hidden guns I saw in NJ were hidden, and displayed to me, I assumed all guns in NJ were illegal. Most of these were long guns too. None of my friends are criminals though, and I don't believe would want any stolen guns.

I never ever lived there, just visited. NICS in NH is free... a much better deal. Our permit called a Lic, is 10 bucks for residents and good for 5 years. If it goes to 11 bucks i won't bother with a new one. At 10 bucks i consider it INFRINGMENT.

There is no finger printing, and no picture of me either.

Once I held a permit in the Soviet republic of Mass and that was 10 bucks at the time and had a thumb print and a picture.

My basic feeling on any permit is it is a piece of more than usless paper. A dangerous paper. I have come a lot closer to getting shot trying to show that paper than any other paper.

The very first one I was issued, the issuing Chief shortly there after blew his own brains out, proving that paper is just that, paper.

Like voting, they both are meaningless in todays world.
The NJ police have been known to cause all sorts of problems for legal gun owners down there, no surprise people hide their guns to avoid any chance of a run in. NJ truly is a police state.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 PM

How long did you live in NJ?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:28 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,020,821 times
Well I dunno..... I never lived in NJ.... I am not aware if there is a gun registery there. There is NO gun registery in NH. I know handguns get registered in NY, and that is one reason I will never ever consider living in NY.

I did spend a year working in NY up state not the city, and had my hand guns, long guns, and my dreaded flinters too, some of which are pistols.

Over all I consider states like NY, NJ, Cal, Mass to be actting ILLEGALLY, high on INFRINGE....

Why my friends who are not x cons, cons, or anything illegal living in NJ hide guns is a question I never asked. I think they fear both the cops, and the crooks, but I don't know of it is one or both.

The guns they hide are any.... typical pump shot guns, typical revolvers and semi auto pistols, nothing particularly black or nasty. If I could generalize the types of guns I see most are short range/midrange. I am sure there are 30-06 bolts guns that are not short range, but I never saw any in NJ. I am only talking about the guns I have seen with my own eyes , which is from a very few select friends.

In this life I am never going to jump thru the hoops of these states, and any other states that create this BS. It ain't happenin... Not now, not ever.

NH has none of that silly crap. I maintain no permit papers or anyother other papers related to guns will do squat.

The same can be said for car titles. It is just a way for those people who can't do anything else but move paper around to get what they call work.

I had a new motorcycle get stolen, and I had the keys, the regii and the title still, and when the bike which was just 4 years old was discovered it wore West Virginia plates, not the NH plates that were on it. So much for the title being anything in the way of protection. The fool caught on it, ran a red light and was not wearing a helmet. I don't think a fool of that order really needed a helmet anyway, since he would need to be brain dead in the first place.

DUH lemme see, I steal a bike, don't wear a helmet in a state that requires one, and then go run a red light in front of the cops.... Yeah that's brain dead.

But I really don't like paying title fees after this event.

Same on guns, I am not going to pay any fee for over 10 bucks chump change for any papers related to guns.

Where I sit there is 3 guns in instant access, one is fer fun, a .62 cal flintlock pistol, but if I were to answer the door with that big bore it would give most people a heart attack.

Another is in my pants pocket where it always is, unless I am in the shower. I don't wear pants in the shower yet. But then it sits on a shelf above the shower still at my reach, just not in the water.

The last is a .45, on the book case ready and waiting for if I leave this property, and I take it every where.

I have been tested a tad too many times, and no longer belive anyone can protect me and mine better than I can. Just the way it is and a fact of life I have come to know.
I don't go any where in any state ever, unarmed. Why would I pass thru the cess pool of Eastern Mass unarmed where I am 10 times more likely to need a fire arm than I do in NH ? It just don't make no sence.. I just love Yankee Hick speak.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I never lived in NJ....
And yet you are an expert in NJ firearm's issues!!! Firearm's sales are a big business in the state. Why do you think Cabela's chose northern NJ as the site for their new store? If the construction company didn't screw it up, it would be up and running today.

Quote:
typical pump shot guns, typical revolvers and semi auto pistols
All legal. Maybe your friends are a bit paranoid?

In fact no papers are required to own firearms in NJ, only to purchase contrary to popular belief. Probably one of the most incorrectly stated regulations is the hollowpoint laws. But it's getting off topic.

Are their more restrictions in the state? Yes, there are no doubt. In some cases the paperwork could be streamlined. But no one ever asked those stuck with processing it what we thought.

But comparing your end of the state to some areas of NJ is worthless. You are truly up in the "middle of nowhere" and in many way are on your own. Although the image of you standing in the shower with your pants on is somewhat comical.

As for a MV title, they are useless beyond proving ownership when a transfer is made. They have no relationship to the NCIC database. Oddly enough I had a friend whose Corvette was stolen in the early 70's. After several transfers, it was found to be a stolen vehicle and it was returned to him years later due to his insurance not covering the initial theft. The bottom line is years ago databases were not linked and today it is true in some cases so many items will not be picked up. In fact in the 70's I doubt the use of computers was that widespread in many agencies.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:24 PM

I never said i was expert in anything concerning NJ. I said I had limited friends living there all their lives so far and I had seen a very limited few guns with my own eyes, while there, which were well hidden.

Yeah I know titles is not like NICS, but they are as usless as NICS, Bradey, and anything else like CCW permits.

I have passed Dare twice, and NICS so many times i can't recall, and it bugs me I must pass NICS time after time. At least in NH that has 0 cost in dollars, it just costs in wasted time. I have many guns in many types, flinters cap lock and modern bolt, pump and semi auto. Why should I need to pass NICS more times than one?

The bike was a 01 stolen on early 06, and the title was less than usless. I didn't transfer that bike to anyone,, they stole it from a locked and enclosed trailer, along with many other items mostly in the way. Basicly anything the thief picked up to move he took. Some of that was funny, like all the clothing my wife wasn't wearing at the time, 2 boxes of flint, one with a deer skull, and another box with a lot of camping gear, bot primitive and modern.

The Title system is a joke, as is NICS and the rest of the baloney sportsmen must suffer because the criminals get a revolving door system.

I know how NICS works in NH. I was a gun store clerk as a part time job, so I logged in ALL guns and logged them out as they sold. I spoke with NICS folks, which is a real strange thing to do. They talk military language, like robots.

In NH there is no FID card BS, All we have is the CCW permit which is a Lic here. it costs 10 bucks and is good for 5 years.

No permits to buy a thying, no sales tax, no nuthin. No applications as I read, no types of bullets are banned. No kinds of guns are banned and if you can afford the tax you can buy a machine gun.

I really don't care about NJ, but I hear it is a pain to own a gun of any kind in that state and if i am wrong, so be it. I can be wrong, and am alot. mass is another draconian state which I am land locked behind, along with NY, and or Canada. I can't really complain about Canada, but I sure don't like being landlocked behind Mass and NY.

I have friends and in laws in Md, and go there in full blown carry mode, because I know I can do much better than calling 911 anyday.

'A' point is I am fed up with slick paper pushers telling me what I can and can't do, when it is clear as day to me what the 2nd says.

There were n paper pushers around, or even the cops when I called them for assistance in the mid 80's when some druggy attacked my home and family. I shot that driggu while at the same time I was on the phone asking for assistance.

There were no paper pushers assisting my elderly in laws on Easter 99 when they were both stabbed to death. It can't work both ways.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:30 AM

88 posts, read 222,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I hike alot right on the border. Mountian Pond towards Chattam, and right smack into Maine, where for one thing I have friends. The PC Sheep have no idea I am armed.

There is just one animal in the woods that I fear, and people call that man.

A couple weeks back in one week I saw 8 bears, one moose, and many turkey. I fear none of them in the woods. I just fear them riding my motorcycles.

While open carry is legal in NH i just don't. There is no point, and it takes the surprise away from a bad guy. I have met more than my fair share of bad guys too.

I am aware of other bad guys in the north country as well, such as the shooting robbery of the care taker at Carter Notch in the early 80's. The care taker lived, but the shooting robbery was a sticking point with me since I was a alternate winter care taker for the RMC at Gray Knob on the north slope of My Adams.

Around that time was 2 double rape and murders in Sawyer River, both unsolved so far as I know.

One of the incidents I personally suffered in the Pemi was being accosted by 1 man of a total of 8. I was passing by at the height of land on the nancy brook trail. I saw and counted 8 guys wearing black biker gear, but had not seen any vehicals muchless bikes in the parking lot, and I was a rider then as I am now.

I was packing my son inside my pack with his little face peeking out. Under him was the gear for the day hike I had planned.

I knodded, but never spoke a word ever, but from behind me hearing a guy say "That kid will look better with his head bashed on that tree!" I turned to face my new opponent, and made motion for my Ruger Super Blackhawk. 44 mag, but didn't touch it. Suddenly I understood I was under gunned, because that old hog leg was pre transfer bar, and so was only loaded with 5 rnds! Those 5 rnds were all I had too.

I had no idea if the other men would join this guy, and I was just a little upset.

Turns out no bad guy wants to be shot first, so that motioning ended the problem right there. I continued on my way as planned, but I wanted to turn back.

After a bit of time I became nervous that they might follow me, so I got off the trail and waited around 1/2 hour. Ever since in the woods I have been armed.

In Easter 1999 my father in law and his 2nd wife were stabbed to death. Swat showed up 2.5 hours after the Fire Dept who was there to wash the blood from the street gutters, as that attack began in the house and ended in the street.

Ever since then I carry full time 24/7 with one gun on our property, and 2 if I leave this place. I do not recognize state borders, and carried on a USA MC tour with my wife thru 40 states on just a single ride. I simply don't care about other states, and their gun laws anymore.

No one can look at me and tell I am armed. I make a point of being concealed deep, since speed isn't my concern. The tactic if surpise beats speed most of the time. And most of the time a look in the eye and a motion is all it takes to stop a bad guy.
Great post
Here is link with alot of info if you want to stay legal in most states.
http://nraclass.com/welcome/

Old 05-23-2010, 08:33 PM

I'l check out the link thanks.... i am concerned about being legal, but i will break state laws to be armed. i don't really like being land locked behind Mass and NY much. I figure I am legal where I am and will be legal when I get back. These states have 0 rights to infring on my gun carry to any other states. I attend shoots is many other states.

I do have the NH resident lic.... I just figure that should be good in all 63 states

I thought there were 50 states till the chosen one told me different.

I have been in 40 states, no one knew, and i didn't tell.

Well not quite. under threat and after a crash in a 3rd world country with in the borders of the USA. My wife was addressed by the Police and it was determined they needed to speak with me. I had 3 broken ribs and wasn't going any where fast that way on a busted up bike.

The officer and I discussed the situation, and he discussed it with his chief. They determined I did not need to surrender my fire arm. And i didn't display the fire arm then either! I don't play that hard a$$ game ever in face to face real world conflicts.

The words Yes Sir can work wonders.

Over all we need a lic or permit for 10 bucks that is national. It is criminal to me that this doesn't exist . My drivers lic is legal in all states and honored in canada, so what reason can there be my NH pistol Lic isn't? Just typical govt BS.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I have passed Dare twice
No idea what that is. Something regional.

Quote:
I just figure that should be good in all 63 states
Even Obama thinks we only have 58.

Quote:
Over all we need a lic or permit for 10 bucks that is national
Knowing the system in NJ, the NIC's check is related to income. A NIC's would cover what is checked in the original PPP application. (talking NJ here). In the past, I paid $25 per check and that was through my police supplier where I spent many thousands a year.

On of the problem with national anything is that states do not want to give up states rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire