Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:09 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,879,521 times

Advertisements

Xanman sounds kind of like an artificial intelligence but with some of the algorithms not worked all the way out... There's just something non-human about his cold, cruel, rationality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 PM

21 posts, read 24,779 times
Go PHILS-wOBA seems to be similar to the On Base Slugging formula except that it weighs various factors that happen during the hitting process to give a more true picture of the player's or team's on base average. You are not solving for X. You are inputting the the data related to each activity (.72NIBB) plus the others then dividing by plate appearances. THe formula itself is simple, which is how the inventor intended it to be. Thinking it up and creating the algorythms to make it work was the hard part.

I neglected to consider those that turn sports into a science.

I did read the Pat Burrell article. Maybe I will reconsider my position on the authenticity of the Philly sports scene a bit.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:42 PM

NJ Goat-Quite the opposite, when I see a Mexican, I see an extremely hard worker that is out there in any kind of weather, 10-12 hours per day to send money back to their family. It's us, the American citizens, who have become lazy and entitled. But, I don't want to get into it with you about generalizations again.

I do assert that my generalizations are correct probably as much as 90% of the time. But it is the 10%, like the Obama sports issue, that force us to look at the individual. As I stated, I intend to keep my generalizations to myself from now on.

Last edited by xanman; 12-13-2011 at 04:08 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanman View Post
Fine. My girlfriend just bought a Phillies Coat, shirt, and hat (earlier this summer). She says the same thing. She is happy to live here and wants to express that. I told her to think about the mentality of the people she will attract wearing sports clothes. You don't see fools spending hours of their day discussing Rudolph and his various flights, length of flights, takeoff stats, times around the world stats, uninterrupted with Santa....get my point? Your'e probably not making anyone a whole lot wealthier wearing Rudolph either
My bf feels the same way about the all the Ocean City hats and shirts so many people wear here in the summer. He sarcastically refers to them as "The Uniform" and warned me never to get him anything with Ocean City on it (I agreed but very reluctantly) Leave your gf alone, she shouldn't dress for other people. You never know....I got my FOP card from a retired police officer because of a conversation that began because I was wearing my Eagles scrubs in the supermarket

The reason no one discusses Rudolph's stats is because he has no real competition. If there were a league of reindeer competing to pull Santa's sleigh, there would be much discussion, as well as hats and jerseys.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM

OCNJGIRL-Point well taken. Your'e right. You never know. I plan to start the first Fantasy Christmas League

Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
I wanna play!!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Last edited by xanman; 12-13-2011 at 05:26 PM..

Old 12-11-2015, 05:45 AM

183 posts, read 292,636 times
You can see this everywhere, people wear them everywhere and this is what called indirect marketing of brands.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:40 AM

5 posts, read 5,302 times
This is not a strange thing to wear brands' clothing.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:50 AM

22 posts, read 24,685 times
This is pretty much every where in the country for the most part....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia