U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Toms River, NJ
1,106 posts, read 4,363,942 times
Reputation: 652

Advertisements

Patty NJ - I am very sorry for your loss. This is obviously a very emotionally charged subject for everyone. As a parent of a 2 1/2 year old living in the Toms River East area I will tell you that I am concerned but there are dangers where ever you go. I myself am a cancer survivor. I did not live in Toms River when I was diagnosed. I have a friend whose son died of brain cancer, he lived in Livingston, NJ - 65 miles away from TR. I don't drink the water in TR but I didn't drink the water where I used to live. If you move into an urban area your child has a greater risk of developing asthma. My point is that anyone considering moving to TR, please read about the cancer cluster. Familiarize yourself with how data is collected and evaluated and make an educated decision. I personally have a lot of questions that are still unanswered. The biggest one is: How will the unofficial numbers reported today in the Asbury Park Press compare to other towns? The childhood cancer is a concern and the way the government is handling the research is the PROBLEM. I would never put my daughter in harms way but when I take in to consideration the social environment, school system, safety, cost of living, proximity to natural resources (parks, ocean, bay) I have to say that I am very happy with my choice to live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
 
741 posts, read 3,206,895 times
Reputation: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
Patty NJ - I am very sorry for your loss. This is obviously a very emotionally charged subject for everyone. As a parent of a 2 1/2 year old living in the Toms River East area I will tell you that I am concerned but there are dangers where ever you go. I myself am a cancer survivor. I did not live in Toms River when I was diagnosed. I have a friend whose son died of brain cancer, he lived in Livingston, NJ - 65 miles away from TR. I don't drink the water in TR but I didn't drink the water where I used to live. If you move into an urban area your child has a greater risk of developing asthma. My point is that anyone considering moving to TR, please read about the cancer cluster. Familiarize yourself with how data is collected and evaluated and make an educated decision. I personally have a lot of questions that are still unanswered. The biggest one is: How will the unofficial numbers reported today in the Asbury Park Press compare to other towns? The childhood cancer is a concern and the way the government is handling the research is the PROBLEM. I would never put my daughter in harms way but when I take in to consideration the social environment, school system, safety, cost of living, proximity to natural resources (parks, ocean, bay) I have to say that I am very happy with my choice to live here.
Thank You for your reply, I appreciate your condolences. That was a very tough period to go through. My perception of Stone's post was that There is no problem and I am just making all this up. I wish I was just making this up. I'm wishing you continued good health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2007, 01:25 PM
 
Location: High Point, NC
28 posts, read 114,836 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
Thank You for your reply, I appreciate your condolences. That was a very tough period to go through. My perception of Stone's post was that There is no problem and I am just making all this up. I wish I was just making this up. I'm wishing you continued good health.
I wish you all well. I have grown up in Toms River. I am now 28 years old. I have lived in both HS North District and HS East District. I graduated from TR HS East in 98. I understand the situation about the water in Toms River. I do not think it is fair to say that this is "ongoing" until it is proven that the cancer had come from the Toms River water it is unfair to speculate at this point without having the evidence to prove the case.

I would like to say to Patty, I am sorry to hear of your loss. To Stone, In many ways I agree with your statements but you are coming across in an agressive tone. I hope once all the data is gathered then we can make accurate statements.

God Bless you all!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
 
769 posts, read 2,397,576 times
Reputation: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
My cousins child DIED OF BRAIN CANCER! They lived on the EAST SIDE OF TOMS RIVER. Again, Today, FRONT PAGE of the Asbury Park Press APP.COM - N.J. late in airing data on cancer in children | Asbury Park Press Online Let's see it is almost DAILY now that this is again reported in the paper. How about I PM you my address and you can come over here and get rowdy in my face. You are acting like a TROLL. We do Not FEED the TROLLS on this Forum. I'm letting people from out of the COUNTY know what is a problem in TOMS RIVER. And to me, this is a big problem. Whoever want's to live in Toms River, fine, just know there is an ongoing childhood cancer problem here that apparently, they can't seem to stop......
Patty, Once again, I am very very sorry for your loss. May that beautiful child rest in peace.

Here you are again Patty, providing a link that does not back up you claim that there is an ONGOING cancer cluster. Those articals in the links support my stance. That the study has not been finished and won't be until next spring.

How many times do I have to repeat this to you?

Let's wait until the study is complete before we come to a conclusion.

How am I a troll? All I'm doing is holding you accountable for your own words. I think the Grandparents that may be reading this who have grandchildren that live in Toms River deserve the facts not opinions don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2007, 09:09 AM
 
3 posts, read 9,402 times
Reputation: 10
Default bennies go home

For the love of God, DON'T move here!
I have lived here my whole life and have watched what used to be a lovely small town turn into a horrid place full of transplanted New Yawers and north Jersey people.
You have clogged our school systems and we can't keep up with the flow of people coming in. Your child brought the drugs, and other problems from thier old schools with them and are corrupting our children. You have caused the traffic around here to be unbearable year round, we now have the highest death rate on the roads of any town in New Jersey. You knock down everything you can get your hands on to build gaudy mcmansions.
YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE "LOCALS" IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG YOU LIVE HERE OR HOW MANY TAXES YOU PAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Signed,
Proud to be a Piney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2007, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Nevada
1,933 posts, read 5,749,259 times
Reputation: 1079
Default NY'ers going to NJ

Thats funny, all my NY friends & family who moved to that area say they fit in perfect. Well all i can say is get ready more are on the way!!!









Quote:
Originally Posted by bennies go home View Post
For the love of God, DON'T move here!
I have lived here my whole life and have watched what used to be a lovely small town turn into a horrid place full of transplanted New Yawers and north Jersey people.
You have clogged our school systems and we can't keep up with the flow of people coming in. Your child brought the drugs, and other problems from thier old schools with them and are corrupting our children. You have caused the traffic around here to be unbearable year round, we now have the highest death rate on the roads of any town in New Jersey. You knock down everything you can get your hands on to build gaudy mcmansions.
YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE "LOCALS" IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG YOU LIVE HERE OR HOW MANY TAXES YOU PAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Signed,
Proud to be a Piney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2007, 06:19 PM
 
1,263 posts, read 3,653,389 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennies go home View Post
For the love of God, DON'T move here!
I have lived here my whole life and have watched what used to be a lovely small town turn into a horrid place full of transplanted New Yawers and north Jersey people.
You have clogged our school systems and we can't keep up with the flow of people coming in. Your child brought the drugs, and other problems from thier old schools with them and are corrupting our children. You have caused the traffic around here to be unbearable year round, we now have the highest death rate on the roads of any town in New Jersey. You knock down everything you can get your hands on to build gaudy mcmansions.
YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE "LOCALS" IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG YOU LIVE HERE OR HOW MANY TAXES YOU PAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Signed,
Proud to be a Piney
How rude! There's good & bad everywhere and, also, not everybody is looking for a McMansion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Nevada
1,933 posts, read 5,749,259 times
Reputation: 1079
Default Mcmansions??

Nice post below! Your 100% right , there is good and bad everywhere.I have family all over the country, south, north , east & we are now west, its all the same.

Also can someone please give me a description of what a mcMansion is in your eyes? I'm originally from Long Island, we are looking for a 3-4 bed 2 bath home with a basement, and I believe many people are looking for about the same size house as we are.

Also lets just say a Mcmansion is a million dollar home. So what's wrong there? If those can afford a house like that, then great for them. If they can afford that big mortgage then that's a good thing.

Sounds like jealously to me when people get mad when they see others moving in and buying large brand new homes.

Also the entire country is becoming overcrowded, not just NJ, I'm currently living in Nevada, and its crowded here too, the same for Arizona.

How many illegal's are causing the crowding issues?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
How rude! There's good & bad everywhere and, also, not everybody is looking for a McMansion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 06:21 AM
 
3 posts, read 9,402 times
Reputation: 10
The reason your relatives fit in so well is they are hooking up with bennies and not locals. And a McMansion is an overly huge overly priced house, and yes many of them are a million plus. However many of the people who can "afford" them are sitting on boxes inside.
God how I love the fact that the housing market crashed! Now half those places have for sales signs on them because the people can't afford them and are about to lose them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
 
Location: New Jersey/Florida
5,370 posts, read 10,126,849 times
Reputation: 3496
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennies go home View Post
The reason your relatives fit in so well is they are hooking up with bennies and not locals. And a McMansion is an overly huge overly priced house, and yes many of them are a million plus. However many of the people who can "afford" them are sitting on boxes inside.
God how I love the fact that the housing market crashed! Now half those places have for sales signs on them because the people can't afford them and are about to lose them
Hey bennie, go crawl back into your refrigerator box. Don't be mad at the world because your to lazy to work and buy a decent home. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top