Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:08 PM

221 posts, read 379,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Keep telling yourself that... it's not you.

I honestly don't have a problem with myself. I enjoy myself...my thoughts and what I like to do to kill time. Unfortunately, I can't have fun with the people I've had the misfortune of meeting here. I just don't fit in.

If I hated myself I wouldn't be myself. I would be some other person.

Last edited by FlowerpotFlowers; 09-29-2013 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-29-2013, 07:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
Maybe I am just difficult...but I don't know why I feel like gagging when I see that 'NJ Strong' sticker.
Quote:
My posts weren't directed at the 'Jersey Strong' crowd. Get over it.
Really? I guess I lack reading comprehension then. Or you've lost your memory.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Really? I guess I lack reading comprehension then. Or you've lost your memory.
No, I think I lack reading comprehension because I have no idea what you're saying/the point you're trying to make.

This thread needs to be shut down. Moderator, I ask you to do this. NJ people are awesome and wonderful and delightful. Move here, everyone. It's great. I was wrong. I must have had PMS. I'm over it. Yeah. Jersey Strong all the way. Whip em out Wednesday. I'm whipping them out as I write this. Really, shut this **** down already so I'm not tempted to write here again.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times

Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
I kind of like another sticker going around:

Welcome to NJ Don't worry we hate you too

Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I kind of like another sticker going around:

Welcome to NJ Don't worry we hate you too

You told me.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:58 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times

Old 09-30-2013, 07:00 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times
Quote:
Yeah, but at least those states aren't the most packed.
Hardly anyone chooses to live in Iowa. You were either born there & liked it or were forced to move there because of work. It's flat, boring and has no diversity. They don't call them the Flyover States for nothing.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 AM

370 posts, read 1,370,494 times
This thread just gets a big eye roll
It is pretty FlowerpotFlowersisn’t too bright. She comes in bashing people and then can’t figure out why people don’t like her.
No wonder you think the people from NJ are A-holes. If you walk around with this attitude that you hate it here and you hate the people here, why would anyone bother going out of their way to be nice to you?

I was born here, lived in another country for a few years,came back went to grammar school and high school here and left for 4 years of college. I had the choice to live anywhere I wanted when I graduated and I chose to come back. I had an amazing life growing up in NJ. I was part of a wonderful community. I have friends I made as kid that I am still very close with because the people here are kind and loving as any other place. If anything the passion in NJ people might be even stronger.

I heard someone from California explain to me why they loved this area after a few years of living here. They explained that in CA everyone seemed so nice right away but they didn’t know you, they didn’t care about you and the kindness was only on the surface. In this area, it takes a little longer to get under the thick skin because people aren’t so trusting but that is because when they let you in, you are truly in. That the people here are more loyal and the friendships are more real because they take time to build.

I look forward to raising my children in NJ and hope they get the same great life experience and happiness that I had.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:27 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Hardly anyone chooses to live in Iowa. You were either born there & liked it or were forced to move there because of work. It's flat, boring and has no diversity. They don't call them the Flyover States for nothing.

I was astonished by the amount of people who lived there and never traveled anywhere else except neighboring Midwest states if that.

Funny story (this was in 2008 long before the mess that is happening in Egypt now or things would be quite different): About 15 people in my vet school class and the class above me took a vet trip to South Africa and on the way back we stopped in Egypt for a week for a Nile cruise. One day we were walking in Luxor and looking for gift shops where they weren't so pushy and annoying. We met this young Egyptian man and were talking to him for a while - very nice, well dressed and obviously well educated person by the conversation we were having. He said that his uncle had a gift shop on the main road (not far from where we were) and he would make sure he just let us browse and would get us great deals. We started walking with him and EVERY person who was from Iowa freaked out and ran back to the ship. Those of us from other states (NJ, NY, AZ, CT, CA) went. We went into a beautiful shop and got great deals on everything with no one trying to push anything on us. We had conversations about politics (US and Egyptian), economics, history and current events with these very nice and interesting people. The young man was a college student studying to be a doctor. When we got back with bags full of goodies and smiles on our faces the others were shocked. They wanted to go to the police because they were afraid we were going to get killed (our Egyptian tour guide stopped them and tried to reassure them we would be fine)! Mind you we had 8 people (strong types) on a MAIN street going to a shop on the main strip. They lead such sheltered lives and do not possess the ability to judge people properly. It's actually quite sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey