Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 PM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
I have a "Restore the Shore" magnet on my refrigerator. If I put it on my car is that a problem? Most of Jersey Strong and Restore the Shore stickers/tee shirts, etc were from local charities to help those who were affected by Sandy. That's why there's so many now and why I bought mine. To help support the local businesses and donate to a local charity (bought it on the boardwalk in Seaside at a small local charity store). I think that's actually pretty admirable of people that can't give a lot of money but want to give a little something and show their support.

I do have a "My kids have four paws" magnet on my car. Is that OK with you or should I remove it? Does it upset you that I may be equating my pets with children? Or perhaps I just love my rabbits and thought the magnet was cute. Same thing with the Jersey Strong stickers - most of those are people showing their support for those affected by Sandy or they were affected by Sandy and are saying they will make it through this. If you have a problem with that then I hope you do move. It's judgmental people like you that give all of us a bad name. Not the other way around.
I have a 'Killington' bumper sticker on my car.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:40 PM

221 posts, read 379,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
I have a "Restore the Shore" magnet on my refrigerator. If I put it on my car is that a problem? Most of Jersey Strong and Restore the Shore stickers/tee shirts, etc were from local charities to help those who were affected by Sandy. That's why there's so many now and why I bought mine. To help support the local businesses and donate to a local charity (bought it on the boardwalk in Seaside at a small local charity store). I think that's actually pretty admirable of people that can't give a lot of money but want to give a little something and show their support.

I do have a "My kids have four paws" magnet on my car. Is that OK with you or should I remove it? Does it upset you that I may be equating my pets with children? Or perhaps I just love my rabbits and thought the magnet was cute. Same thing with the Jersey Strong stickers - most of those are people showing their support for those affected by Sandy or they were affected by Sandy and are saying they will make it through this. If you have a problem with that then I hope you do move. It's judgmental people like you that give all of us a bad name. Not the other way around.

You don't need to get all sensitive about your stickers and magnets, ok? I was just airing out that the Jersey Strong sticker rubs me the wrong way. There may be no connection between the sticker and the people sporting the stickers on their car as far as being annoying...but it annoys me because I don't like NJ. I feel like I'm trapped here and there must be other places where I would feel happier about my surroundings.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:03 PM

221 posts, read 379,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
I also find the NJ Strong campaign annoying. It was something our governor did to promote himself and waste taxpayer money. According to studies, that $25 million did nothing to help businesses down the shore. But the gov sure looked good, and that's all that really mattered.

As for NJ people being annoying, yeah, maybe sometimes. But at least we are real and will give you an honest answer. Maybe people from certain other areas are more polite, but they are phony and stupid. And I'm not just saying that, I have evidence.

I wonder what kind of evidence that is.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:34 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,682,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
You don't need to get all sensitive about your stickers and magnets, ok? I was just airing out that the Jersey Strong sticker rubs me the wrong way. There may be no connection between the sticker and the people sporting the stickers on their car as far as being annoying...but it annoys me because I don't like NJ. I feel like I'm trapped here and there must be other places where I would feel happier about my surroundings.
You're kidding, right? WHO is being sensitive here? You're the one who started a thread judging people based on a sticker/magnet that was being sold to support a good cause and you're calling me sensitive?

I was half kidding when talking about my magnets - just pointing out how ridiculous you are being.

You have more problems than where you live.... You do have a choice. You can wallow in your misery or you can try and focus on the positives of where you live until you can leave. The choice is yours.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:40 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,682,109 times
Quote:
I wonder what kind of evidence that is.
I lived in the Midwest for 4 years and I can tell you from experience that many from there are some of the fakest people I have ever met. They smile to your face and talk about you the minute you turn around. Sure, people think they are so friendly but it's all for appearance purposes. I prefer people to be direct, truthful and real. Not passive aggressive.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:15 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Try Wyoming. Wide open spaces, mountains, buffalo and no Jersey Strong stickers anywhere.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:17 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,092,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Can't really be Pennsyltucky Strong...
Hmm, the only thing I find annoying about NJ is comments like this that personify the condescension (that comes out of nowhere, no less) toward a neighboring state that you depend on (for things like jobs and colleges).

I do find the "Stronger Than the Storm" jingle very cheesy, but it's good that there had been a real marketing effort to let people know that the shore areas are still open for business. It's also good that there has been an outpouring of support for the hardest hit areas.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:55 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Hmm, the only thing I find annoying about NJ is comments like this that personify the condescension (that comes out of nowhere, no less) toward a neighboring state that you depend on (for things like jobs and colleges).

I do find the "Stronger Than the Storm" jingle very cheesy, but it's good that there had been a real marketing effort to let people know that the shore areas are still open for business. It's also good that there has been an outpouring of support for the hardest hit areas.
Cmon, even you'd admit that you could keep the eastern & western parts of PA, bomb out the middle and no one would notice or care.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post

Hey - I love Philadelphia!

My grandmother grew up in PA, my grandfather had a satellite office in Pittsburgh, I have family in Pittsburgh, lots of friends in PA, I went to college in PA.....

It's a term of endearment in my family!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:24 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Cmon, even you'd admit that you could keep the eastern & western parts of PA, bomb out the middle and no one would notice or care.
It ain't called Pennsyltuckey for nothing. But it's not like NJ doesn't have it's own such areas (Pine Barrens come to mind)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey