Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:08 PM

221 posts, read 379,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
I also find the NJ Strong campaign annoying. It was something our governor did to promote himself and waste taxpayer money. According to studies, that $25 million did nothing to help businesses down the shore. But the gov sure looked good, and that's all that really mattered.

As for NJ people being annoying, yeah, maybe sometimes. But at least we are real and will give you an honest answer. Maybe people from certain other areas are more polite, but they are phony and stupid. And I'm not just saying that, I have evidence.

Who are you talking about? What evidence? Example please.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
I agree with the comment that people from Jersey tend to speak their minds a little more freely. It was one of the first things I noticed about my new coworkers when I moved here a few years ago. Back in Nevada, when someone in the office had a problem my work everyone else would hear about it first and I'd be the last to know. Here, people are very direct and much more to the point. I prefer that approach.
I don't know about that. I've seen the same thing you saw in Nevada happen here plenty of times.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I gag when I see Snooki barfing on the boardwalk and someone's dogs start licking it up. Gets me every time.
I also don't understand all the hatred directed at that girl. Yeah, she seems immature, but I think people went a little over the top in their condemnation of her. I think it had more to do with the fact that she was adopted and not Italian by genetics more than anything. In my eyes it just reflected very bad on NJ Italian people...made them look really dumb and insecure.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,755 times
Be gone, silly troll.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
I don't know. It just feels like the people sporting that sticker would just annoy me if I had to talk to them. Annoying sticker=annoying promoters of the sticker...to me, anyway. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
Or maybe some of them had their homes wiped out/made unlivable by Sandy or have relatives who had homes wiped out/made unlivable by Sandy?

Some of my favorite people to talk to and hang out with (kid's friends parents) have Obama-Biden magnets on their cars (smart enough to not slap something you can get rid of easily on their car). I don't hold that against them. Although I probably should....

Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 PM

Default I Guess...

you have a point. Under those circumstances it isn't so annoying. My impression is that people in NJ are just bullies in a way...nasty attitudes. I guess subconsiously I just associate 'Jersey Strong' with these types of people thinking they're tough or something when many that I've come across just are a-holes. I really should associate it with the storm so I don't connect it with that.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I also don't understand all the hatred directed at that girl. Yeah, she seems immature, but I think people went a little over the top in their condemnation of her. I think it had more to do with the fact that she was adopted and not Italian by genetics more than anything. In my eyes it just reflected very bad on NJ Italian people...made them look really dumb and insecure.
She isn't from NJ so what "it" reflects badly on is those from Poughkeepsie, NY. Where she was raised. And her parents, for raising her to let her think she could go act like a jackass on television.

She doesn't represent NJ or Italians anywhere.

She's her own mess.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
you have a point. Under those circumstances it isn't so annoying. My impression is that people in NJ are just bullies in a way...nasty attitudes. I guess subconsiously I just associate 'Jersey Strong' with these types of people thinking they're tough or something when many that I've come across just are a-holes. I really should associate it with the storm so I don't connect it with that.
There was no "Jersey Strong" before Sandy.

It's not some "GFY" to people anywhere else.

I just saw another state (can't remember which one) that followed suit with the "........ Strong".

Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
She isn't from NJ so what "it" reflects badly on is those from Poughkeepsie, NY. Where she was raised. And her parents, for raising her to let her think she could go act like a jackass on television.

She doesn't represent NJ or Italians anywhere.

She's her own mess.
Yeah, but didn't it seem like people were overreacting to this little girl? I mean, some of the others were from out of state too and were more promiscuous and stuff. She was just like this little tanned joker and the grave solemn outrage shown by some of her interviewers on tv just seemed a little...overly dramatic/offended. It just seems like some people are a little too prideful and insecure at the same time? It was just my impression. I just got turned off.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
There was no "Jersey Strong" before Sandy.

It's not some "GFY" to people anywhere else.

I just saw another state (can't remember which one) that followed suit with the "........ Strong".

Ugh, don't tell me that. It will just disgust me towards other states too. It also just reminds me of something The Hulk would say...some monosyllabic musclehead--Hulk Smash! Jersey....Strong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey