Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
There was no "Jersey Strong" before Sandy.

It's not some "GFY" to people anywhere else.

I just saw another state (can't remember which one) that followed suit with the "........ Strong".
im pretty sure I saw those work out world "jersey strong" stickers long before sandy.

I also have a feeling "blank strong" has been used for many places in the past.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
Maybe I am just difficult...but I don't know why I feel like gagging when I see that 'NJ Strong' sticker.
Difficult is not the word we would use to describe you.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 PM

221 posts, read 379,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Difficult is not the word we would use to describe you.

Okkkkkayyyyy--sorry for whatever I did. I guess this is why people don't like me.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM

Default Jersey Fresh

Quote:
The "Jersey Strong" slogan really doesn't bother me at all.

I don't care to connect it to politics, maybe that's why?

I think of it more as a: "we live in NJ and even though the state sucks with high taxes, corrupt government all over the state, high housing costs, high cost of living, crappy roads, crappy schools, crappy cities, crappy towns, (not all, of course and I'd dare to say more good than bad) etc., when people of NJ come together as one (especially after a disaster like Sandy, and people are STILL volunteering to help where ever they can on the weekends), well: we're Jersey Strong". Can't really be Pennsyltucky Strong...

Like I said, it doesn't bother me, and I haven't found one good argument as to why it should. But that's just me and my opinion.

How about "Jersey Fresh"? Does that bother people too?

It's funny that you mention that. I thought I was bothered by that too when I first heard it. But then I analyzed it and thought that it really didn't bother me...it had to do with produce or something. Maybe I just hate the word JERSEY in anything because I want to leave.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im pretty sure I saw those work out world "jersey strong" stickers long before sandy.
Really? I never did, and I'm a member of the Roma's WoW in North Brunswick.

The WoW stickers I saw on cars said "WOW"...confused me with "Whip it Out Wednesday". Never saw a "Jersey Strong" anything from the Roma family, anywhere or on anything. Not even in their gym.

JERSEY STRONG FOUNDATION™(FORMERLY "THE WOW FOUNDATION")

Who We Are
Founded by the Roma Family, the Jersey Strong Foundation™ is a 501c3 public charity with a mission that connects us to people and communities throughout New Jersey. The Jersey Strong Foundation™ (JSF) improves the health and lives of people by helping to rebuild, restore and maintain the Jersey Shore. [/quote]

Learn something new every day....I guess.

At the end of the day? Who gives a ****? If you don't like it, don't pay attention to it. I could care less where it came from, who trademarked it, what other states use it.....if it means nothing to you so you want to take away from those who it does ("YOU" in general, not specific), what's your point?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Really? I never did, and I'm a member of the Roma's WoW in North Brunswick.

The WoW stickers I saw on cars said "WOW"...confused me with "Whip it Out Wednesday". Never saw a "Jersey Strong" anything from the Roma family, anywhere or on anything. Not even in their gym.

JERSEY STRONG FOUNDATION™(FORMERLY "THE WOW FOUNDATION")

Who We Are
Founded by the Roma Family, the Jersey Strong Foundation™ is a 501c3 public charity with a mission that connects us to people and communities throughout New Jersey. The Jersey Strong Foundation™ (JSF) improves the health and lives of people by helping to rebuild, restore and maintain the Jersey Shore.

Oh brother, those WoW stickers ...got tired of seeing those, too. I heard it had something to do with whipping out breasts. I didn't know it could have meant otherwise. I just figured there were a lot of perverts who were unashamed driving around.

Last edited by FlowerpotFlowers; 09-23-2013 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: same word too many times

Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Oh brother, those WoW stickers ...got tired of seeing those, too. I heard something about that Whipping out Boobs or something thing. I didn't know it could have meant otherwise. I just figured there were a lot of perverts who were unashamed driving around.
Pretty much! Opie and Andy...my husband had to tell me who they were (those dj's) and what it meant - years ago.

And he just told me (right now) it was "Whip 'em Out Wednesday". Not "Whip it Out".

The crotch phone calls...we only had Sirius when it was free for a year (with the new car that is not so new any longer, and many years ago).

Now I'm remembering the jerk-offs.

Howard Stern x10.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:06 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Anthony, not Andy.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
O&A were lesser Sterns who got in trouble for convincing 2 idiot fans of theirs to have sex in the back of St. Patrick's.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
I don't know. It just feels like the people sporting that sticker would just annoy me if I had to talk to them. Annoying sticker=annoying promoters of the sticker...to me, anyway. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
You need a hobby or something to distract you. I don't dislike people just because they have those ridiculous stick figure family decals on the back of their ride. Yes, some people still have those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey