Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,632,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Clearly you don't have any idea what you are talking about here, regarding the job or it's requirements. First clue was that you think the course is 40 hours. It's still not particularly demanding, at 75 hours, but if you're going to come here & spout off, why not have accurate info? Further, you are free to offer any real estate agent in the state of NJ any compensation you feel is fair to sell your house for you. You might even find one who is willing to do the job for you at $10/hour. Good luck to you with that.
It used to be 40 hours. Any drop out that can read can most likely pass the test. The skills to say buy,buy,buy are not hard. I think toll collectors put in more classroom time for their job.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
It used to be 40 hours. Any drop out that can read can most likely pass the test. The skills to say buy,buy,buy are not hard. I think toll collectors put in more classroom time for their job.
Like I said, you clearly have no clue, but came here to create trouble because I disagreed with you on another thread. Hope you have fun with that.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM

I'm having fun because u think being a realtor is a job with difficult skills. A person that dropped out of high school and took a GED can qualify to be a realtor. I think being a toll collector at a busy bridge with tons of different vehicles and people and schedules require a greater degree of skill than being a realtor. That's all.

Last edited by JERSEY MAN; 01-22-2011 at 12:12 PM..

Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM

71 posts, read 125,218 times
Its normally 6%. If you offer less to the real estate community, and your house is just a typical house, the 2.5 % offered to the selling agent may appear to be an insult and since there are hundreds of houses for sale, why do something negative?
The most important number is the asking price so just add on that .5% to the asking price.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 PM

2,036 posts, read 3,354,610 times
Thank You for the info, Bill.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFBALL View Post
Its normally 6%. If you offer less to the real estate community, and your house is just a typical house, the 2.5 % offered to the selling agent may appear to be an insult and since there are hundreds of houses for sale, why do something negative?
The most important number is the asking price so just add on that .5% to the asking price.
Buyers are going to pay what they think a house is worth. They certainly aren't going to pay any amount over that somehow related to the commission.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Quote:
We are paid what we are worth and we are worth what we are paid. If it weren't so, we would not still be here. It's that simple under capitalism.

If we were overcharging, we would not be used. But we are used. So we are not overcharging.

Are you seeing the pattern?

Old 01-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFBALL View Post
It's not about insulting an agent. The issue is that, if your house is substantially similar to other homes at the same price point, and you offer less of a buyer agent commission, you will generate fewer showings. This is because when the agents have to choose a select number of houses to show from a large pool of choices that all appear the same, they might as well choose the one that offers them the ability to make the most money.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:59 PM

so your saying an good agent would discriminate on showing a house that doesn't give him a greater commission. wow. I can't believe i'm reading this,I guess they forgot to tell realtors during the course not to discriminate when they show houses. wheres the banking and insurance commission.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
so your saying an good agent would discriminate on showing a house that doesn't give him a greater commission. wow. I can't believe i'm reading this,I guess they forgot to tell realtors during the course not to discriminate when they show houses. wheres the banking and insurance commission.
Did you not read the entire post? Did you somehow miss the phrases, "substantially similar" and "a large pool of choices that all appear the same"? When an agent is asked to show someone three houses, and there are 5 in the subdivision that are basically the same house, at the same list price, the amount of the co op may in fact come into play. Tehre's no discrimination here, nor anything illegal or unethical. You're trying too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey