Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM

49 posts, read 203,979 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me about Monmouth Junction? Is this a good or bad area? What is crime like there? What type of people live there? What kinds of things are there to do? Is this area better or worse than Dayton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 06:55 PM

240 posts, read 947,955 times
Monmouth Junction is small. It used to be rural, but has been built up tremendously over the past 20 years. You will find old houses mixed with new McMansions. There really is nothing to do in Mon. Jct. itself but it is a hop skip and a jump to Princeton. Dayton I guess is about the same. You might find more older houses there but a lot of new ones. I would say minimal to zero crime - growing Asian Indian population - good school -

Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 AM

97 posts, read 485,939 times
monmouth junction is quiet, i think it's just enough city-like atmosphere (lots of shopping areas) mixed with open rural areas. 1hr to philly and nyc, & very close to princeton.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Default It's family life

not a swinging singles town....but you aren't too far from anything.

There is a bit of "trash" and a lot of Mc Mansions. Don't know the crime rate, but the difference in income is obvious. Those who keep their broken down fridge's on the porch and their El Camino's in the driveway with funny aqua circles painted on their house (no lie) vs. nicely landscaped lawns with half-cirlce driveways and no funny aqua circles painted on their house.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but then again, 99% of Jersey isn't my first choice either.

Good Luck.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:48 PM

240 posts, read 947,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
not a swinging singles town....but you aren't too far from anything.

There is a bit of "trash" and a lot of Mc Mansions. Don't know the crime rate, but the difference in income is obvious. Those who keep their broken down fridge's on the porch and their El Camino's in the driveway with funny aqua circles painted on their house (no lie) .
Where is that? I haven't seen it.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:04 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Default I believe

it's "New Road". Now you have me wondering as well. I haven't been down that way in a few years - since I stopped working in that area.

If you know the elementary school all you have to do is drive by it (it should be on your left hand side) and make a left the first time you can - and head out toward Rt. 1.

Monmout Jct. is cute, but if you weave your way into the neighborhoods that are pre-2000 (like pre-1980's), you'll see a little something different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey