Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 10:16 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

I want a subforum for my city. We can talk about the store. Or the park. Or which of the three streets we live on. Or which of the three complexes we live in and discuss the merits of each type--apartment/rental, co-op, or condominium.

Or how long it takes to walk the whole one-tenth of a square mile. Or how skinny Mayor Ed is looking these days.

Oh, and how many deer we saw in the park at dusk! That's a very popular conversation in my town. Sometimes there are two or three, other times there are NINE. The excitement never ends.

In more recent conversations, it has been noted that The Woman With The German Shepherd seems to have lost weight. Good for her!

Old 10-18-2019, 10:21 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
I kind of just want you to write a newsletter, this is fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 11:02 AM

2,751 posts, read 2,420,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Then every thread will turn into an argument over what should be North Jersey, Central Jersey, or South Jersey and the OP won't get an answer to the question they asked. Because NOBODY in New Jersey can agree on what is north, south, or central. Picture this hypothetical situation, repeated dozens of times daily...

New Thread, posted in the North Jersey forum:

OP: Hi, is Woodbridge a nice place to live?

Respondent 1: This is the North Jersey forum and Woodbridge is in Central Jersey.

Respondent 2: Nuh uh, Woodbridge IS in North Jersey!

Respondent 3: No, Woodbridge is Central Jersey! And so is Rahway!

Respondent 2 again: Noooo!!! Everything north of Cherry Hill is North Jersey!

Respondent 4: You crazy! Newark is South Jersey!

Respondent 5: Central Jersey doesn't exist!

Respondent 6: You can smell Staten Island from Woodbridge, so it's North!

Respondent 7: You can order pork roll in Woodbridge, so it's south!

OP: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is a fair point lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
A South Jersey subforum doesn't exist. The Philly burbs doesn't sound like something that covers the beaches or lower counties.
Technically all of South Jersey is in the Philly CSA.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:29 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I want a subforum for my city. We can talk about the store. Or the park. Or which of the three streets we live on. Or which of the three complexes we live in and discuss the merits of each type--apartment/rental, co-op, or condominium.

Or how long it takes to walk the whole one-tenth of a square mile. Or how skinny Mayor Ed is looking these days.

Oh, and how many deer we saw in the park at dusk! That's a very popular conversation in my town. Sometimes there are two or three, other times there are NINE. The excitement never ends.

In more recent conversations, it has been noted that The Woman With The German Shepherd seems to have lost weight. Good for her!
Maybe she has cancer.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:31 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
This is a fair point lol.

Technically all of South Jersey is in the Philly CSA.
True, but most don't know a damn thing about Sea Breeze.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:19 PM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Maybe she has cancer.
OMG, why would you say THAT? And why am I laughing?

Old 10-19-2019, 06:51 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Maybe she has cancer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OMG, why would you say THAT?
A few years ago, I had a chance encounter with a former co-worker whom I hadn't seen for a long time, and this formerly-overweight woman had lost so much weight that my first thought was... OMG... She must have cancer!

Obviously, there is no polite way to begin that type of discussion, but during our conversation she mentioned that she had visited her daughter--in China--a few months earlier, and she had picked-up some really nasty intestinal parasites as a result of the extremely poor sanitary conditions in that country. Eventually, her US doctors were able to cure her, but her frequent diarrhea for several weeks caused her to lose about 70 lbs.

Old 10-19-2019, 04:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
A few years ago, I had a chance encounter with a former co-worker whom I hadn't seen for a long time, and this formerly-overweight woman had lost so much weight that my first thought was... OMG... She must have cancer!

Obviously, there is no polite way to begin that type of discussion, but during our conversation she mentioned that she had visited her daughter--in China--a few months earlier, and she had picked-up some really nasty intestinal parasites as a result of the extremely poor sanitary conditions in that country. Eventually, her US doctors were able to cure her, but her frequent diarrhea for several weeks caused her to lose about 70 lbs.
turned a bad situation into a win.

i have a facebook friend who was a friend in childhood and suddenly i see him with no hair on facebook. of course, i assumed cancer. later i found out that is was some kind of condition that caused hair loss, not cancer. so a lot better! he actually tried some experimental drug and was on a news program after regrowing his hair. he said that everyone assumed that he had cancer. just checked his facebook, still has hair! woohoo!

Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,307 times
If City Data adds NJ sub forums, they should be based on popular topics and not geography.

Traffic Kvetch Korner
A place to complain about your fellow drivers, and explain why you are the best driver since the Model T, and everyone else is a big fat stupid idiot. Give your BS scientific expert advice on how to drive correctly to solve the problem forever.

Weather Worries
Al Roker is a moron! Milk, bread & eggs! Stronger Than the Storm™! This snow sucks, I cant' wait to move to Florida! LOL, you call this snow??!! This is nothing, you snowflakes! OMG it's so hot, I can't wait to move to Colorado! You call this hot??! In Georgia, we call this "Spring".

Foodie Chat and Nosh Goss
This is where our hungry cake holes jabber and drool excitedly about new grocery store openings and restaurant openings, and who has the best pizza and bagels and deli and Thai food.

NJPPC (New Jersey Political Pissing Contest)
Self explanatory.

Governor Roast
Do you have a clever burn about Christie's FUPA or Murphy's monster leprechaun teeth? Showcase them here! This is where you workshop those jokes.

Jersey Haterz Ball and Expat Canteen
A festive gathering for all the most flamboyant Jersey-hating pimps to talk their most exquisite trash talk about the Garden State. Please give long dramatic soliloquies about why your current state (or the state you plan on rage-moving to) is sooooo much better.

Troll Theater
Do you have multiple puppet accounts? Do you like to stir the pot? Or talk incessantly about Blue Laws? Or be secretly/anonymously racist? This is the place for you! Post your inconceivably dumb/nonsensical/racist questions and rants/raves here and sit back in your wooden swivel chair, in the ominous shadow of a single naked light bulb hanging from the ceiling, lace your fingers behind your head, and laugh maniacally like a cartoon villain, as you get all the peanut gallery a tittering.

Dear Marc Paolella
Where has this guy been? I haven't seen him around lately. Maybe we should give him his own column to entice him back. If you want to get unsolicited marriage/divorce and child rearing advice from an unmarried, childless real estate agent, post here. He will also probably give you religious/spiritual counsel, and medical advice.

CaptainNJ Corner
This is where you go to pointlessly argue in circles with CaptainNJ about his Libertarianism.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:05 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
Just going back to reading OP’s post...”statewide sauce” sounds delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey