Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 06:59 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,200,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
I predict that once the weather gets cold enough that outdoor dining is no longer desirable, he will give the green light on indoor dining, at reduced capacity. The pressure will be too much.

After election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 09:39 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
After election day.
Probably 6 weeks before. It gets cold in Jersey in November. No one wants to eat outside even with heat lamps.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,756,743 times
Understood gyms are an entirely different beast, but as far as indoor dining goes, I hate to use this logic, but...if New York and Pennsylvania can do it, why can’t we?

I know we are allowing restaurants to have indoor dining if they can open windows on two walls, but New York doesn’t even require that...and at least New York has been holding steady better than we have.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:08 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
The only reason I’m still here is because all my family and friends are here and my career is here. Otherwise, I’d move to a red state in a second.
Quote:
This state offers nothing but Communist leadership and turmoil.
I always LOL when I see statements like this.

Are your friends/job/whatever worth that much to you, that you're willing to endure such existential angst for the foreseeable future ? Even if all your friends are RWNJ's, that means they're suffering too !

To paraphrase The Bard, methinks thou doth protest too much

Old 08-23-2020, 05:28 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I always LOL when I see statements like this.

Are your friends/job/whatever worth that much to you, that you're willing to endure such existential angst for the foreseeable future ? Even if all your friends are RWNJ's, that means they're suffering too !

To paraphrase The Bard, methinks thou doth protest too much
Most of family lives in Florida. Nuff said.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:25 PM

820 posts, read 973,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Understood gyms are an entirely different beast, but as far as indoor dining goes, I hate to use this logic, but...if New York and Pennsylvania can do it, why can’t we?

I know we are allowing restaurants to have indoor dining if they can open windows on two walls, but New York doesn’t even require that...and at least New York has been holding steady better than we have.
I have 2 friends (both age 22, my age) who have announced that they will not be physically stepping outside of their houses, nor letting people in, until there’s a vaccine. They haven’t left their houses, nor went for a walk or sat on the porch, since the beginning of March, and the two of them made promises to each other that they’ll stay in their houses with the doors and windows closed and locked, and not see anybody in the outside world, until the vaccine comes out. They both have jobs starting in September, and if their employers don’t allow them to work from home until the vaccine comes out, they will quit those jobs. Those two, who have no underlying conditions, are out of their minds. And yes, they lecture and chastise me every time they see on my Snapchat that I’m hanging out with my friends or on a walk.

Last edited by xxblue100; 08-23-2020 at 08:38 PM..

Old 08-23-2020, 09:18 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
I have 2 friends (both age 22, my age) who have announced that they will not be physically stepping outside of their houses, nor letting people in, until there’s a vaccine. They haven’t left their houses, nor went for a walk or sat on the porch, since the beginning of March, and the two of them made promises to each other that they’ll stay in their houses with the doors and windows closed and locked, and not see anybody in the outside world, until the vaccine comes out. They both have jobs starting in September, and if their employers don’t allow them to work from home until the vaccine comes out, they will quit those jobs. Those two, who have no underlying conditions, are out of their minds. And yes, they lecture and chastise me every time they see on my Snapchat that I’m hanging out with my friends or on a walk.
You have weird friends. When I was at my son's house a couple of weeks ago, his friend visited and ended up staying the night. He's a type one diabetic and gets N95 masks from work. He hasn't been sick, works from home half of the time, and doesn't go out often. I have no idea why people wouldn't sit on their porch or use their yard. That's just weird.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:43 AM

50,829 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You have weird friends. When I was at my son's house a couple of weeks ago, his friend visited and ended up staying the night. He's a type one diabetic and gets N95 masks from work. He hasn't been sick, works from home half of the time, and doesn't go out often. I have no idea why people wouldn't sit on their porch or use their yard. That's just weird.
, We don’t know a single person with such extreme attitudes. It’s very unusual.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:19 AM

1,017 posts, read 788,197 times
Quote:
I’ve stopped talking to a few of my friends because they hurled every insult and swear word at me when I told them I was going to the park a few weeks ago, at the end of July, for a walk. And that I was going to sit at an outdoor restaurant that night. I don’t have a problem with people choosing to stay home and never, ever leave. When they lecture and insult the people that are going about their lives, that’s when it becomes a problem I won’t put up with.

I had to cut off a friend because i posted how i disagree with Phil Murphy with the Shutdown. He texted me and started going off and said he regretted being my friend and i was a toxic person tons of other insults. I kindly blocked him. It's sad this whole virus has turned people crazy and paranoid.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:45 AM

820 posts, read 973,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Because according to them, the virus is floating in the air around their homes, and catching it is immediately a death sentence for anybody of any age. I’ve shown them the data and they just refuse to believe it, thinking that conservatives are somehow editing it. It’s pretty crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey