Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:02 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,419,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
people, I did put an OR in there. If you cant/wont take the pill then your cut off if you have more kids.

Yes I would support research into male oral contraception. I have been a proponent for such a pill since my teenage years.

As for raping your wife, uhhh, she agreed to marry him no? That means she agreed to have sex with him. Just because one person "wants some" when the other doesnt does not = rape. How many of you have given some to your partner even tho you didnt want to. I bet the vast majority of married people out there have. I know I have.
Hmmm....I can't think of a time that I didn't want some- so I guess I'll have to say that I've never done that....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 10:03 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,635,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
people, I did put an OR in there. If you cant/wont take the pill then your cut off if you have more kids.

Yes I would support research into male oral contraception. I have been a proponent for such a pill since my teenage years.

As for raping your wife, uhhh, she agreed to marry him no? That means she agreed to have sex with him. Just because one person "wants some" when the other doesnt does not = rape. How many of you have given some to your partner even tho you didnt want to. I bet the vast majority of married people out there have. I know I have.
Interesting.... so if the wife says no, and the husband goes ahead anyway without her concent, this isn't rape because she agreed to marry him? WOW!!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,418,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
and the HUSBAND bears no responsibility in this AT ALL. It's all on her. Lovely.
Hey..., it was a woman who stood up looking for government assistance, I needed a target, it was too easy.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,642,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zasie View Post
Not shock at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJ.com's Printer-Friendly Page
I think certain businesses or companies of a certain size should raise minimum wage to a survivable amount and keep it raised with inflation. Rather than that education is important and if a kid is smart and dedicated, money shouldn't prevent him from further education.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,375,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Interesting.... so if the wife says no, and the husband goes ahead anyway without her concent, this isn't rape because she agreed to marry him? WOW!!!!!
I'm with you on this.

Man or woman, if one person says "no", "stop", or a variation of such, as to not grant sexual consent, and is serious about it - it's rape.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,996,882 times
I dont even know what to say about this...pretty pathetic. Have to wonder what makes people think up these things.

wbztv.com - Time Magazine Report: Gloucester High School Teens Had Pact To Get Pregnant (http://wbztv.com/local/gloucester.high.school.2.751873.html - broken link)

Old 06-19-2008, 06:58 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,996,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I dont even know what to say about this...pretty pathetic. Have to wonder what makes people think up these things.

wbztv.com - Time Magazine Report: Gloucester High School Teens Had Pact To Get Pregnant (http://wbztv.com/local/gloucester.high.school.2.751873.html - broken link)
A little more info...
Pregnancy Boom at Gloucester High - TIME

Moderator cut: no sigs

Last edited by tahiti; 06-19-2008 at 08:59 AM..

Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,418,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
did you know that in NJ, it's not illegal for a husband to rape his wife? Apparently the law was never changed - at least it wasn't a few years ago when this issue came to my attention from a woman I know who was raped by her husband and all he got was a slap on the rist.
I cannot believe that a marriage document can actually create a legal separation between simple non-consensual sex and rape. And if it were the case then I'm surprised there hasn't been some example that forced the state to amend it. Wow.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,023,331 times
That Gloucester High School ordeal is terrible! I get angry when people say that using contraceptives is a sin. If that is a sin, what is premarital sex? If they want to follow their religions, they should do it the whole way.

By the way, the idea that rape can't exist between a married couple is absolutely ridiculous! When a person says no, it's no (no matter if they are a random person at the club, friend, boyfriend, fiance, or spouse).

Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,701,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Child care is absolutely NOT a "basic necessity"

If you are not in a financially secure position you should NOT be having children, period. I understand that people want families and such, but there are plenty of things that I cant afford that I make the grown up decision not to get...children are no different. Personally I find it to be a form of child abuse itself for those who insist on having a kid when they have absolutely no means of supporting it in a fair and reasonable way.

If you have a kid and then get fired or have some drastic financial situation thrust upon you, that is a different story.

--------------------------------
Ron Paul's Campaign For Liberty | The Revolution Continues

I agree with you 100%. Probably because you are right.

I suspect you will receive some hate mail over your comments but just know you are correct word for word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey