Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagittah View Post
I have lived in Keansburg for over a year without any problems. Neighbors are nice enough, school is decent, and plenty of police protection. Get a big dog for your yard and you will never have a problem!
Funny you say that. My cousin and her husband live there right by the boardwalk. Her husband is a cop and they have two HUGE Mastiffs. LOL. I guess the big dogs are the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 07:42 AM

77 posts, read 318,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
As a child we would go to Keansburg a few times each summer. It was a little scary then and still scary now. The rides and the boardwalk are ok, but it's still a place where you dont want to be alone walking on the streets at night, if you know what I mean. It is NOT an upscale town, most people I know would never live in Keansburg. Bad reputations are hard to erase.
Keansburg has a lot of new upscale professionals moving in now. Luxury condo's are destined to be built on both sides of the amusement park starting at 500g. The town is definitely changing. I have two friends that just moved in... and we all make over 100g. They both have young families too. If this was a bad town or the streets were bad to walk on, I seriously don't think there your girls would be playing on the street. These are horrible rumors. Like I said perhaps Keansburg aquired a bad rep at one time. But I looked at the surrounding towns of Union Beach, Keyport, Hazlet and Middletown, and Laurence Harbor and Keansburg had a much better quality of life than those towns. Don't get me wrong, I do like parts of Middletown, Hazlet and Keyport, but they do have there bad sections as well. Union Beach and Laurence Harbor I would never consider. I moved to Keansburg a year and half ago, and I love it. The streets are very safe and there is so much here for one square mile. I am close to NYC, the beaches, and nearby shopping.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
As a child we would go to Keansburg a few times each summer. It was a little scary then and still scary now. The rides and the boardwalk are ok, but it's still a place where you dont want to be alone walking on the streets at night, if you know what I mean. It is NOT an upscale town, most people I know would never live in Keansburg. Bad reputations are hard to erase.
Everyone I know that comes to Keansburg, loves it. One square mile town has so much that the other surrounding towns lack. This town is definitely going upscale and most people in the surrounding towns won't be able to afford the new housing thats being built in the town. Yes there are small old beach houses but the town is changing fast as new housing and developments occur.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer16 View Post
I'm in 100% agreement with PattyNJ. And we were just on the rides there last week.

But I wouldn't live there.
They put in new walkways this year along beachway, a mix of cobblestone and black pavement. Its nice that they did that, wish it was all cobblestone. Also they put in more benches along beachway and outdoor showers and flower pots. It looks nice. Main street is being redone near church street. They are getting rid of the ugly traffic lights that hang by wires. They are putting in new sidewalks with curbs and made a nice cobblestone area for a bus stop and new stores and new building buildings are opening up on main street. The amusement park has opened up at least 2 new rides this year that I heard about and reopened the Wildkat rollercoaster. Talking to vender owners, I heard this was a huge ongoing investment right there. The waterpark area looks really nice! Also, the new owner of the Tiki Stadium has redone the place and its looking more and more upscale. That beach bar was a dump before. Also the new luxury condo's that are gonna being across from the batting cages near the apartments will be an upscale luxury condo development, with outdoor pools, decks, with fine dining restaurants and retail shopping. I'm excitied <smile>. I hear these new units will cost up to 700g for the more upscale ones.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:06 AM

As new young professionals move into Keansburg, old memories will die. People are very friendly here and I find it safe in the part I live in. This town has so much potential. I would love Keansburg to become a little upscale town like Red Bank, while keeping the beach and amusements.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion1usa View Post
As new young professionals move into Keansburg, old memories will die. People are very friendly here and I find it safe in the part I live in. This town has so much potential. I would love Keansburg to become a little upscale town like Red Bank, while keeping the beach and amusements.
you're living a delusion, keansburg is a town that is low income and it reflects that, it will never become anything like red bank.
maybe one day when the amusement park is replaced by expensive housing and the rest of the town upgrades to a point that the current residents will not be able to afford to live there will the town ever approach being a desirable place to live.
Currently that scenario is a long way off, as places like long branch and asbury upgrade and the poorer people are being forced out of those towns, they're landing in the 'burg and that is not a good thing.

If you are in the lower income brackets you can find some nicer streets in the 'burg but they are few and far between, if anyone plans on moving there, be sure to look at everything other than price, remember, it's cheap for a reason

Old 07-15-2007, 04:09 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion1usa View Post
Like I said perhaps Keansburg aquired a bad rep at one time. But I looked at the surrounding towns of Union Beach, Keyport, Hazlet and Middletown, and Laurence Harbor and Keansburg had a much better quality of life than those towns. Don't get me wrong, I do like parts of Middletown, Hazlet and Keyport, but they do have there bad sections as well. Union Beach and Laurence Harbor I would never consider. I moved to Keansburg a year and half ago, and I love it. The streets are very safe and there is so much here for one square mile. I am close to NYC, the beaches, and nearby shopping.
You mention Hazlet. Heh. The one section that you may be thinking of? (which is old info, it caught up with the rest of the town). West Keansburg. Really.

I was leaving the Keansburg threads because I know I've stated my opinion, but there seems to be a few being bumped from over a year ago. And knowing this area extremely well, if I see silly statements, than I'll have to help out and clear things up.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:10 AM

329 posts, read 1,442,911 times
Originally Posted by Dion1usa
Like I said perhaps Keansburg aquired a bad rep at one time. But I looked at the surrounding towns of Union Beach, Keyport, Hazlet and Middletown, and Laurence Harbor and Keansburg had a much better quality of life than those towns.

Are you insane? Keansurg a better quality of life than Middletown or Hazlet? Try telling Jon Bon Jovi that. lol Seriously, I live in Middletown which is simply outstanding, although ridiculously expensive to buy in. The surrounding town of Keansurg has improved dramatically. It went through a very bad period but has risen out of the dust the past 10 years.The police dept. is fantastic there and really did drive a lot of rift raft out. I always took my kids to the boardwalk there and with a $20 bill an entire family could have a ball. A lot has to do with the ferry project in Belford (Middletown) which is a commuter's dream into Manhattan. That in itself caused the surrounding real estate values, (Keansurg included) ro rise significantly. And Sandy Hook is a national treasure, just 5 miles away..simply gorgeous. I am fortunate enough to be able to I go almost everyday. The area is worth giving a second look to.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
Originally Posted by Dion1usa
Like I said perhaps Keansburg aquired a bad rep at one time. But I looked at the surrounding towns of Union Beach, Keyport, Hazlet and Middletown, and Laurence Harbor and Keansburg had a much better quality of life than those towns.

Are you insane? Keansurg a better quality of life than Middletown or Hazlet? Try telling Jon Bon Jovi that. lol Seriously, I live in Middletown which is simply outstanding, although ridiculously expensive to buy in. The surrounding town of Keansurg has improved dramatically. It went through a very bad period but has risen out of the dust the past 10 years.The police dept. is fantastic there and really did drive a lot of rift raft out. I always took my kids to the boardwalk there and with a $20 bill an entire family could have a ball. A lot has to do with the ferry project in Belford (Middletown) which is a commuter's dream into Manhattan. That in itself caused the surrounding real estate values, (Keansurg included) ro rise significantly. And Sandy Hook is a national treasure, just 5 miles away..simply gorgeous. I am fortunate enough to be able to I go almost everyday. The area is worth giving a second look to.
I like Middletown and Hazlet, I have nothing against those towns. I almost bought a house in Middletown near the water. I looked at houses in Middletown near the water and I did like it there a lot too. I think the entire bayshore is really nice but I was happy I did not choose Union Beach or Laurence Harbor or Aberdeen by the water, Keansburg to me was a much better choice and that is my opinion and I think a very good one!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
you're living a delusion, keansburg is a town that is low income and it reflects that, it will never become anything like red bank.
maybe one day when the amusement park is replaced by expensive housing and the rest of the town upgrades to a point that the current residents will not be able to afford to live there will the town ever approach being a desirable place to live.
Currently that scenario is a long way off, as places like long branch and asbury upgrade and the poorer people are being forced out of those towns, they're landing in the 'burg and that is not a good thing.

If you are in the lower income brackets you can find some nicer streets in the 'burg but they are few and far between, if anyone plans on moving there, be sure to look at everything other than price, remember, it's cheap for a reason
I think you live in the past. Towns have changed drastically. Towns like Asbury Park, Long Branch and Atlantic City have changed... but there bad areas are really bad and worse than Keansburg could ever imagine. You gotta be really kidding, Asbury Park is being upgraded yes... but the crime in that town is out of control. I wouldnt be found walking those streets at night nor Long Branch or Atlantic City! Keansburg is an old town, but I tell you what its very safe. My neighbors love this town. I dont know what Keansburg exodus your talking about, but I know everyone I talk to here is quite happy! and the ones I talk to that have been in this town say the town keeps getting better. Like I said it seems this town was in bad shape at one time. I lived here 18 months and I have no regrets! Also when I shopped for houses vs towns like Laurence Harbor, Aberdeen by the water, Cliffwood beach, Union Beach, and some of the other towns by the water, I got much more value for my house in Keansburg. For the same price, I got more land, lower taxes, and a bigger house and I live on a great street. Your right though there are streets in Keansburg I would definitely not live on! Also that seemed to be the case sometimes when I stopped to look at houses in some other towns as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey