Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I get what you are saying, however, you don't think their ratings are going through the roof with everyone glued. You know the old saying, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Well their ratings aren't broke right now, why fix them. We need more than just oil prices going down for good news. They have completely stopped human interest stories, etc. I think jamming it down our throats about everything gloomy isn't helping anyone. Don't you think if we felt better, things would get better.

No, I'm not a shrink or anything like that. Just trying to use some common sense. And looking for something to look forward to or just make me feel good.
I was wondering what was going to occupy the news after the 20 month 24/7 presidential election. Journalism in America is dead. Our media focuses on one or two news items they feel is a priority. Apparently nothing is going on in any part of the world according to our news media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 03:24 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,954,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I was wondering what was going to occupy the news after the 20 month 24/7 presidential election. Journalism in America is dead. Our media focuses on one or two news items they feel is a priority. Apparently nothing is going on in any part of the world according to our news media.
Our news media sucks. BUT look at the news in any corner of the world today - it's all bad economy - all the time. We are not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey