Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:26 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,486,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
not in southern NJ.. cheap car insurance, light traffic, No crime, fair cost of living.. no pollution..
Agreed - we are more like 3 different states than one. North, Central, and South Jersey are not the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 06:54 PM

593 posts, read 1,661,945 times
You wanna know why I want to leave Jersey. Because Jersey has NOTHING. Absolutely positively NOTHING. And to make it even worse, there's a lot of meanies, miserable, rude people out here to. Not everybody out here is f'ed up but you have a lot of people that seem to have a serious problem. I can't speak for them but it must be the air though. People with attitudes thinking they're cute and when you get mad at them, they have the nerve to wonder why as if they don't realize that their attitudes and angry style is causing it. For real, I have to leave this place.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 PM

And personally, I don't see what's the difference between all the parts of Jersey. North, Central and South. They're all the same. You'll have a city with more ghetto than business area here with a lot of people that are down and out, miserable and have some sorry souls. You'll have a suburb with a bunch of stuck up people thinking they're better than everybody else, arrogant, rude, extremely ignorant thinking they know more about you and the world than they do with themselves. Then you'll have your rural area with people who I don't even know but scared to find out... pretty much isolated from the rest of the world. You would never know if it's Jersey or Nebraska.

One thing in common with the people in the hoods and the burbs, most of em are ignorant. For real.. and with that said, there's a lot of racism in Jersey too. For real, Jersey is a segregated zone where people pretty much don't integrate with each other but separate. Trust me on this one. Even if you see a place integrated and diverse, you'll see people self segregating hard as hell.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,709,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Actually it was "why would you wanna leave this" rather than "why are you going to leave this". Crime is not an issue for me but it is an issue for some in NJ and therefore a valid reason for some to "want to" leave. It's okay if you don't understand. I wasn't that clear.
and where would one go that is safer than everywhere in the entire state?

Last edited by tahiti; 04-14-2009 at 07:17 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I think anyone that leaves NJ for NC will regret it once they make the move

If you want to leave NJ then I understand because it is not for everyone....... BUT NC? LOL
I disagree with that. North Carolina > New Jersey. I went down there last year and I miss that place especially the rib shacks they got going on outthere. There's no food in New Jersey messing with that.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,486,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
that poster (who probably will never be back) never said where he/she wanted to go.
there's one thing about NJ crime you don't seem to understand. if you avoid the cities with pockets of crime, i'm willing to bet NJ is one of the safest states in the NATION. a lot of states (and, not to start a war, but they seem to be mostly southern states) have crime not only in the cities, but spread out into the suburbs as well....that is NOT the case here. For instance, Morris County had ONE murder in 2007 (not sure of 08), with a population of 550,000. ONE. And I'll bet other surrounding counties are about the same. Do you realize how low that is, and even more amazing considering our population density?

Now, it's not going to compare to VT, ME and some other Northern Tier states (but will be damn close), but seriously, avoid parts of Newark, Irvington and Jersey City in NNJ and we have some of the safest areas around. Take Millburn. Look up its crime rate, and see how close it is to Newark.
THAT is why someone leaving NJ because of crime is an overblown exaggeration and another attempt to paint NJ, as a whole, as a crime ridden cesspool. If you're in a crime filled area, move 15 minutes away!

Never be back?
But the OP didn't ask "where to" and I felt it would be OT.

I'm not disputing your crime stats, I did not know about Morris County especially. Did you know that Newark had 67 murders in 2008, compared to 99 the year before, and 107 in 2006. There is no question that it IS improving.

I am not, I repeat not leaving NJ because of crime. I have not painted it as a crime ridden cesspool and I would not sway someone away if they wanted to move here. I'd just ask them if they like snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
and where would one go that is safer than everywhere in the entire state?
Don't know. Morris County? Tahiti? Fiji? Bora Bora? If someone can answer that one, I'd love to find out as well! There is no place that is without some type of crime, even in paradise But THAT is why I came here in the first place - to research the warmer climate I seek, hearing the good and the bad, and hopefully the truth either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey