Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I think anyone that leaves NJ for NC will regret it once they make the move

If you want to leave NJ then I understand because it is not for everyone....... BUT NC? LOL
NYC1DAY - I would suspect there are at least 100,000 former residents of NJ living in NC who would beg to differ with you! NJ is a wonderful place to live if you have the means to do so, but with its perpetual high cost of living, it has become a hostile environment for middle-class aspirations. It is even worse for retirees!

After living there for 53 years, I had enough of high taxes and a once-nice neighborhood in decline, so I voted with my feet.

I'll be more than happy to move back, if a 3000 sq ft house in Northern NJ drops to $250,000 with a $1500 tax bill..... but until then, I'll stay put in the sweet, sunny South!

As for moving out of NJ to NC, in the words of that old Sinatra song:

"Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Default NC residents..why would you wanna leave this?

First in Flight
NASCAR
Carolina ham
Steakhouses
Food Lion
Walmart
Foothills
Charlotte, jacksonville burbs
organic women
open space
New customly built houses for under 150 k
big new google facility
sub-tropical pretty lizards as early april
fantasia natives
Duke university
pope afb
all the country music u can handle
cherokee and the smokies
.. other new jerseyans!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
U never answered to that comment on a plan of action. U rather argue. I'm not hear to paint a flattering picture of myself, I could give a crock of **** what u think of me.
You received no answer as that had nothing to do with what the OP asked ? Also....you may wish to check your grammer before posting......yours leaves a little bit to be desired .......

Old 04-04-2009, 12:44 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,492,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is coming from someone that thinks the redneck paradise of Ocala Florida is the place to be? Give me a break. Go buy a double wide and move.

USATODAY.com - Black school bus driver: Kids dressed in KKK robes at stop
LOL.

The only part of florida that would be ok with me is miami

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 04-04-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
NYC1DAY - I would suspect there are at least 100,000 former residents of NJ living in NC who would beg to differ with you! NJ is a wonderful place to live if you have the means to do so, but with its perpetual high cost of living, it has become a hostile environment for middle-class aspirations. It is even worse for retirees!

After living there for 53 years, I had enough of high taxes and a once-nice neighborhood in decline, so I voted with my feet.

I'll be more than happy to move back, if a 3000 sq ft house in Northern NJ drops to $250,000 with a $1500 tax bill..... but until then, I'll stay put in the sweet, sunny South!

As for moving out of NJ to NC, in the words of that old Sinatra song:

"Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention".

Different people like different things

The only thing that I am going to say is for you to click on the NC forums and see how many of those 100,000 people that moved to NC liked it

I live in SC. A lot of people move here from Jersey as well, but not many of them stay

Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
First in Flight
NASCAR
Carolina ham
Steakhouses
Food Lion
Walmart
Foothills
Charlotte, jacksonville burbs
organic women
open space
New customly built houses for under 150 k
big new google facility
sub-tropical pretty lizards as early april
fantasia natives
Duke university
pope afb
all the country music u can handle
cherokee and the smokies
.. other new jerseyans!
i could not live being around the ones that i put in bold

Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is coming from someone that thinks the redneck paradise of Ocala Florida is the place to be?
Its understandable that living with rednecks in Ocala may not be for everyone just like dodging bullets in Collingswood from neighboring Camden may not be for some either ?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
You received no answer as that had nothing to do with what the OP asked ? Also....you may wish to check your grammer before posting......yours leaves a little bit to be desired .......
If it had nothing to do with what the OP asked then why did u respond to it? sorry not to adhere to your "politically correct" standards.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
If it had nothing to do with what the OP asked then why did u respond to it? sorry not to adhere to your "politically correct" standards.

still didn't figure out how to spell "you" ?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
still didn't figure out how to spell "you" ?
don't make me laugh. get laid already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey