Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 10:18 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,820,393 times

Advertisements

If you have a degree or a great jobb in the right part of NJ you'd be ok.
Your earnings are relative to everything you pay for.

You can't expect to earn way more than average and pay for stuff like your in SC.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Flyersfan.

I'm not disputing the tax situation in NJ, but your attempted "low blows" are quite dated. At least update your routine. Are you going to tell us we all drive I-Rocks & have High Hair too? My god man, get in your "Back to the Future DeLorean" & give us something that actually stings.
Call us new money, bridge & tunnel...................... Something.

I could care less about your car or hair.......the problem on here is not comments that I post but the general refusal of those who try to defend NJs problems........while high taxes are not a new issue in New Jersey being the highest taxed state of all 50 is and I just can't comprehend how anyone can ignore this or be so blind as to take the position that they don't think the taxes are so bad ? Doesn't anyone get mad about constantly being taken advantage of by the politicians in this state or is it just easier to silently reach into your wallet and continue throwing money out the window ?

Old 07-21-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinda111 View Post
Hunterdon County NJ is beautiful...I think you left you the western part of NJ. Stunningly beautiful. Not as cheap as FL. for sure but I would never live in FL.. You can have the lizards, crocs, snakes, hurricanes and devastated economy, far worse than NJ's.

Its hard to compare the financially elite of Hunderton County even to the rest of New Jersey let alone Florida or any other state for that matter. The income per household in Hunderton County is one of the highest in the nation and certainly doesn't relate to most living in this state. Few can afford to live there and even fewer can afford to retire there.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM

96 posts, read 120,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I could care less about your car or hair.......the problem on here is not comments that I post but the general refusal of those who try to defend NJs problems........while high taxes are not a new issue in New Jersey being the highest taxed state of all 50 is and I just can't comprehend how anyone can ignore this or be so blind as to take the position that they don't think the taxes are so bad ? Doesn't anyone get mad about constantly being taken advantage of by the politicians in this state or is it just easier to silently reach into your wallet and continue throwing money out the window ?
either move ..or jump off a bridge but just shut up,

Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM

[quote=Giantwon;9867906]
Quote:

New Jersey isn't half as bad as Maryland.
Your response doesn't answer the question asked......and.......it makes no sense.......if New Jersey has the worst taxes of all 50 states how can it only be half as bad as Maryland ?????

Old 07-21-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Your case is the exception not the rule. Your husband is making the same because he got transferred from HERE, thats not the case for most people that get a job cold turkey in the south and especially Florida. They are subjected to extremely low wages and lack of good benefits. In addition I would not move to Tennessee for any price. Your fantasy stories may make you feel better and rationalize your decision to move, but they are not the reality for most residents.

Why do you always label anyone who doesn't agree with your angry, personally skewed view of the south and florida as living in a "fantasy" and do your best to discredit the description of the happy life styles they have discovered where they have moved to.........what do all these posters have to gain by lying about their positive experiences of moving to the south and Florida ???

Old 07-21-2009, 03:23 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
of course we get mad!! Im mad, Im mad about alot of things with NJ and especially the Federal right now. So we are all not in carb comas!!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantwon View Post
either move ..or jump off a bridge but just shut up,

How about a third choice of kicking your butt off the bridge ?

Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM

[quote=FlyersFan;9877538]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantwon View Post

Your response doesn't answer the question asked......and.......it makes no sense.......if New Jersey has the worst taxes of all 50 states how can it only be half as bad as Maryland ?????
Becuase crybaby ,what they don't tax you on,they "Fee" you to death!You act like it's hell just for you serously ...you don't think others are going through the same stuff just you but they put up with the things becuase this is home to them good or bad,as I said before you can find good and bad anywhere you go,..........so just go.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
How about a third choice of kicking your butt off the bridge ?

Why, I'm not the one being a crybaby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey