Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 AM

289 posts, read 608,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbv View Post
Very annoying. Especially since I want to lock in a rate. Why bother telling folks in the beginning it take a year if you are not even going to come close to delivering.
I can understand. With rates inching up and the huge price tag for these houses, I am sure you must be having a lot of sleepless nights.

I there a out in the contract, say if the builder does not deliver the house in 12 months you can cancel the contract and get a refund of you deposit. Maybe you can use that to get some concessions from the builder. But from reading this thread, looks like the guy at the sales center is not pleasant to deal with. That and the fact that real estate prices are going up, there might not be many options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,500 times
What is the process for buying home with this builder , what is the initial money involved. First time home buyer and really appreciate this site.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 PM

692 posts, read 2,352,378 times
Gharhamara - Typically the first step is to identify the lot you want and to put a deposit down (a few thousand dollars) to hold your lot. Then you would agree on price/upgrades with the builder and move forward with a contract, once you do that you would put the remainder of your down payment down (typically between 5-20%) with the balance being paid upon completion (avg time for a normal community is 6-8 months but this builder tends to take MUCH longer.. I would plan for 12-14 months)

Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 PM

692 posts, read 2,352,378 times
Also for anyone reading this thread who is thinking of buying new construction - it's very important that you guys know you have the right as a buyer to be represented by a Realtor at NO cost to you. Buying directly from the builder is doing yourself a disservice and not protecting your rights fully as you are entitled.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:28 AM

289 posts, read 608,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooodsie View Post
Also for anyone reading this thread who is thinking of buying new construction - it's very important that you guys know you have the right as a buyer to be represented by a Realtor at NO cost to you. Buying directly from the builder is doing yourself a disservice and not protecting your rights fully as you are entitled.
This is only half true. Buyers usually negotiate the price of the house and the builder typically provide extra discounts/upgrades to those buyers who come in without a realtor. I am not saying that everyone should buy without a realtor, but ultimately in every real estate transaction, the buyer is the one who comes with $$ at the closing table and he is paying for everything.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,251 times
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your inputs so far. It's been very helpful. We're now in the process of working with the sub contractors (esp the kitchen folks). It is very disappointing to find out that we're not liking the brands that they carry. Wondering what kind of experience others had. Any brand specifically that you would recommend / would stay away from? Did anyone switch sub-contractors? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks

Old 03-04-2014, 03:09 PM
rbv

3 posts, read 8,340 times
Only issue I have had with some sub-contractors is their responsiveness. Hard to get a hold of them at times. I would also amend the above timeline to more like 14-16 months delivery. Not sure if this is a product of the builder or subs but likley a mix.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:45 PM

17 posts, read 28,824 times
Post Any resale homes available in Cubberly Meadows?

Hello,

We have been looking at Cubberly Meadows Estates and wanted to see if there were any resale homes that are coming up for sale? Please let us know?

Old 04-18-2014, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,351 times
Default Distance to Station

We are planning to close a house but couple of questions.. Appreciate if any one could answer.
Can someone suggest how long does it take to go to Hamilton Station from this community? How long does it take on average from door to NYC Penn.
Are there any day care centers around this community.

Also, the prices of the houses in this particular community are way high than the locality (outside of community). Of course, these houses are new and the surrounding areas are old. Is this a factor to consider.

Thanks and Appreciate your response.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:05 AM

17 posts, read 28,824 times
Hello,

We have been looking at Phase 2 as well. Are you closing in on a house in the new Phase? I feel the same that the houses in this community are overpriced compared to the outside community. Also, they have raised their pricing in Phase 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey