Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 PM

82 posts, read 304,405 times

Advertisements

Hi aj108, I would stick with the standard door width the builder puts in around 64-65". You can go higher though if you want a taller door or something with an arch or eyebrow.

For my case, we just let the builder put in his doors and replaced the builder door with a new iron door a few years later. I just measured it and it's 64 and some change wide end to end.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 11:57 AM

5 posts, read 8,523 times
Hi there, my husband and I are looking to buy in cubberly estates. There are a few lots left, 5/6. We are are wondering what current home owners think of the neighborhood, school system, how the builder has been up until closing, warranty information? Any info on the premium lots? Has anyone been able to negotiate the 40k premium on a lot?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:09 PM

Hi, go through this thread which answers most of your questions.

There has been some success on negotiating lot premiums, but i'm not aware of an recent successes.

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2015, 05:22 PM

Thanks KL72!

You mentioned not buying near retention pond. We were looking at the lot in the back on the cul de sac 11.12. We are hesitant regarding wildlife and flooding issues. But love the privacy a cul de sac can offer. There is also Lot 7.01 available which offers more square footage and open space in front of it. Based on your opinion and what others in the neighborhood have already experienced which lot would you go for? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Hi, 11.12 is a great lot and I think the exclusivity/privacy of the cul-de-sac will allow it to retain value long term and you will not have to worry about cars passing by your house. There are some cons to consider: 1) unlike other lots that back up to woods, this one only allows 1 side of privacy, with neighbors behind you and to the other side, 2) its close to the basin. On the last point, it's not so close that you would have to worry about basin flooding or overrun, but you will enjoy the mosquitoes no doubt.

On wildlife concerns, I wouldn't worry about that too much. You will get deers, foxes and others in your backyard regardless of which lot you pick. Yes the lots closest to woods will see this more frequently, but in fact backing up to woods can give you the most beautiful and private back yards.

Lot 7.01 is a good sized lot facing west, so sun will be ideal for the backyard in the morning through early afternoon and shaded the rest of the day. The front of the house will also face an open area where eventually trees will be built up, so a big more scenic than just looking at a house in your front door. Also, you will be neighbors to one of the most kind and generous families in the neighborhood as well. That being said, you will share your backyard with all your neighbors, which might not bother you at all. Overall, a good lot if you don't mind sharing your back yard.

Personally, I value my privacy and the scenic views of woodlands in my backyard, so I would select one of the lots that are still open to backing up into the woods.

Lots i would consider:

11.15 - still open, smaller sized lot and will anchor Sapphire since the house is at the end of Sapphire (good and bad). Backyard will get a lot of sun throughout the day.
11.19 - Larger lot with a Cambridge, right across from the open space so easy access for family to walk or play, again good sun through the day
11.21 - Same as 11.19 but smaller lot with a Turnberry. Redeeming quality of this lot is you only have 1 neighbor, the lot is very private with woods on 2 sides and open space across the street.

In summary, if you want a Cambridge, lot 11.19 is a fantastic lot to consider. Otherwise i would consider 11.15 and lastly 11.12 before considering 7.01.

But it's all personal choice.

Good luck!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:45 AM

KL72,

Thank you for the input regarding the lots! Two more follow-up questions:

1. Does the builder provide any basic landscaping packages as part of the price?
2. Is outdoor plumbing / sprinkler system included in the price?

Or are these things we need to negotiate with the builder?

Thank you.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:45 AM

1. Not sure as I haven't been close to the option package evolution over the years. Doesn't hurt to ask!
2. I believe only one outdoor faucet is included, but you can order additional faucets as well as sprinkler plumbing (not an entire system, just the plumbing and outside hook-up) from the plumber directly.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:58 AM

Post sharbell / springside

can anyone shed light on the sharbell / springside development. we have read that this was supposed to be an age restricted senior community, but after the developer could not fill the homes, is converting them 120 single family home (some affordable units). the township of robbinsville fought this as they do not want property values to come down and cannot handle more students in an already overcrowded school from 120 more families - apparantely they just lost the court battle and the developer can go ahead and do this. does anyone have any further info on this or how this will affect property prices / school overcrowding. we are thinking of buying in robbinsville at cubberly meadows and this seems like a big issue. with property taxes already high in robbinsville, wouldn't adding more residentil units lead to another tax increase? i have heard that robbinsville has been trying to push for commerical development, like the amazon warehouse, rather than residential beacuse of the tax drain from residential units.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Sub-Contractors

Hi -

We are first time home buyers and currently in the process of working with the subcontracts on a Cambridge-2 and were wondering if anyone could shed any light on the quality of materials from these vendors?

OK Kitchen -
-
  • Did most people go with the Echelon Cabinets or upgrade to Diamond/Dekora? Any differences or disadvantages?
  • -Has anyone had trouble with the amount of cabinet space in the kitchen. The pantry is very small and wondering if anyone was able to build anything additional that would be helpful to us to keep in mind while our home is under construction. We are already extending our island and extending the cabinets underneath.
  • -Has anyone upgraded to grade 5 granite with the Reliance Granite people? Was it impressive after installation or do you think it was not worth it?
  • -Farm Sink - Did you like the quality of the one provided by OK Kitchen? Was it deep enough?
  • -Do the 20x 20 tiles look the best, or are the 18 x18 tiles ok as well?
  • -Has anyone gotten OK kitchen to do the cabinets in the laundry room and anything differnt in the mudroom?
  • -Any other upgrades in the Kitchen that you find very useful?

Plumbing -
  • -Are their standard rectangular sinks they provide good? Or did you upgrade to others like Kohler?
  • -Faucet upgrades? Are the Moen they provide ok or would you recommend going with Grohe/Delta?
  • -Are the toilets somethign we should look to upgrade on our own or do it before hand? Are they powerful and what brand does the builder use?

Galaxy Tile -
  • -Any suggestions for upgraded tiles in the bathrooms? Esp for Master Bathroom?

Security System -
  • -Has anyone had success in installing a Control4 system? Any advantages/disadvantages?

Capital Flooring -
  • We are installing hardwood most of the downstairs and the upstairs hallway and sitting room of the master. The sub-contractor is saying that will be about 13K for the difference in the upgraded wood floors we chose to pick. Do you feel like this is something that is outrageous and we should get it done later down the road, or have you typically liked the work of this vendor and it would be a good upgrade option?

Iron Railings
  • Did anyone purchase from the optional vendor recommended by Cubberly? How much is the typical cost on these?

Any opinions/insights you can shed on the details of the work the subcontractors did would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Old 08-11-2015, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 5,004 times
Hi KL72,

Do you have more info on Lot 11.21 4.01 (Turnberry) by the back lot? The builder said pond might exist only few inches if it rains for days. Otherwise through out the year dry. We have been to the lot about 6 times and have to see any water. Is that lot and area by the open space good? We know the builder is a bit on arrogant side but many get tired of buyers and same questions and demands and he wants to avoid saying anything more.

As for upgrades on electrical any major ones? (HDMI for TV, recessed lights,etc) and for tile work in the kitchen backsplash...worth it from the supplier they have? Any issue with installing sprinkler after the home is built?

Oh, we saw in the plan that the Tuirnberry has an attic space that you can actually walk...true??

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey