Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:13 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,923,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What made me laugh is that this guy was a construction worker with maybe a high school education, living in his mom's basement yet drives an Escalade! Talking about living above your means. Then he pisses and moans about not finding a girl yet goes out and acts like a complete meathead, trying to start fights, own the cheeseball stand, etc. These are the kinds of guys that end up on Youtube because the get hit with the 'one-punch knockout' because they pop off to the wrong person.

On a serious note, do all the guidos wear the muscle shirts that are two sizes too small? Do they really think that's a good fashion statement? I'm guessing this fashion trend is just a youthful phase and they'll cringe at pictures of themselves when they get older.
Haha, yeah apparently he spent more money on his vehicle than education or hell, even his wardrobe! As far as the muscle shirts, yeah, that's pretty much the standard. Think: Armani Exchange, stuff like that. My opinion is that these guys will be wearing these shirts into their old age when they'll look even MORE ridiculous than they do now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,923,857 times
Also, just in case anyone was wondering:

The phrase "Summer Share" isn't exactly, in reality, what is portrayed on MTV. The arrangements depicted on MTV are what is locally known as a "group rental."

A "summer share" has a different meaning insomuch as it's not a group of friends just renting a house at the Shore. Sometimes, property owners will (normally without a license) sell "shares" to their own homes that allows people to stay there for the weekends during the season. One can buy a "half share" or a "full share" and how many weekends one can stay depends on how much was paid. They scam people out of money, cram everyone into these houses, then put up all kinds of rules as to how the house can be used - even assigning people tasks to carry out, limiting guests, limiting parking, etc. And usually, payment is required in cash.

When I worked for the newspaper, I remember talking to a girl from Hoboken who was crying her eyes out after her summer was ruined by one of these guys. After our phone conversations, she invited me to tour the house one weekend and I took her up on it (hey, she was kinda cute! ). The stories were true. I told her that her best recourse would to call the borough code enforcement officer. They came and went on to cite the owner with all kinds of violations. The owner: a Manhattan attorney who bought the property a few years prior.

Additionally, if you are EVER considering renting a house for the summer, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check with the township/borough to see if there are any ANIMAL HOUSE BONDS active on the address. Animal House laws allow a town to take away a rental license if a certain number of noise/ordinance violations occur in a certain amount of time, usually three years. That means that the town can kick every tenant out on, say, the third violation with no money back. If the people who rented the house last year got two strikes, a single noise ordinance ticket on Memorial Day weekend can put the kabosh on the entire season right there. Many people don't realize this and find they are out of thousands of dollars in rent they prepaid, added to the fact that they don't have a rental home as they originally thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey