Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:00 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
~~~~~~~SHUDDER~~~~~~ Hush Bob now just hush..somebody in Trenton may be reading this
Hey Kate, remember about 20 years ago when then-Mayor Dinkins had some of his stooges taking down NY State plates in the Garden State Plaza in Paramus? The pols will try to do anything to extricate revenue (particularly during a recession), particularly in the ensuing 6 months after an election. Don't think for one minute this idea hasn't been considered in the NJ statehouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Hey Kate, remember about 20 years ago when then-Mayor Dinkins had some of his stooges taking down NY State plates in the Garden State Plaza in Paramus? The pols will try to do anything to extricate revenue (particularly during a recession), particularly in the ensuing 6 months after an election. Don't think for one minute this idea hasn't been considered in the NJ statehouse.
I'm sure it has....something is holding them back..out right revolution in NJ maybe...lol
Why is the Beatles song Taxman ringing in my head right now..

Old 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
~~~~~~~SHUDDER~~~~~~ Hush Bob now just hush..somebody in Trenton may be reading this
Even worse Kate, would be if the Governor decided to imitate the income tax rates of most of the Southern States. Here, the top rate of nearly 10% kicks in at the $60,000 level. That comes as a shock to those retired Police Captains from NJ who move here and then find out that their state income tax increases, trump anything they save on the property tax end!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Even worse Kate, would be if the Governor decided to imitate the income tax rates of most of the Southern States. Here, the top rate of nearly 10% kicks in at the $60,000 level. That comes as a shock to those retired Police Captains from NJ who move here and then find out that their state income tax increases, trump anything they save on the property tax end!
I would then retire to a state that does not tax pensions..any of it I think Mississippi is like that......if one could consider living there ~~~shudder~~~~

So that's what my friend eddie is moaning about..retired police LT..just moved to Morrisville (?) NC around Cary.....keeps wanting us to come down...but he's miserable and misery is not getting company in the form of hubbie & I..lol

he wanted to come back but to keep on topic he can't afford to now..says there is nothing affordable here unless he moves to the ghetto....

Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:

he wanted to come back but to keep on topic he can't afford to now..says there is nothing affordable here unless he moves to the ghetto....
You've brough the thread full circle- that's the title of the thread!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkovacs View Post
you've brough the thread full circle- that's the title of the thread!
lol

Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Wow, looks like the jilted, obsessed ex-Jersey folks are back in full force. It's sad that their new homes don't offer them enough to keep them occupied and can't get their obsessed minds off NJ. I suppose if I lived in a boring redneck toilet like Georgia or a crime-infested, drunk-driving and meth haven like New Mexico I'd probably be bored, too, and obsess over New Jersey the place I'd wanted to be but couldn't hack it and had to leave against my will. Sucks to be those guys...
I bet you are a ton of fun at parties.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
I would then retire to a state that does not tax pensions..any of it I think Mississippi is like that......if one could consider living there ~~~shudder~~~~

So that's what my friend eddie is moaning about..retired police LT..just moved to Morrisville (?) NC around Cary.....keeps wanting us to come down...but he's miserable and misery is not getting company in the form of hubbie & I..lol

CARY - Collection Area for Relocated Yankees!

I don't understand why he might be so miserable..unless his kids are still in NJ. That can make a big difference in your state of mind. So many people in that area as well as mine are from NY/NJ.

My new neighbor is from Long Guyland!

Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
mls 2737699 - MORE than a decent area!
If you have a job out that way, sure. But Warren county is not exactly an easy place to find a decent paying job

Old 05-19-2010, 03:03 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
If you have a job out that way, sure. But Warren county is not exactly an easy place to find a decent paying job
you never said anything about a specific area. this area is in pharm/teleco land, plus you have parsippany and the bridgewater area not too far away.

btw - it's morris county, not warren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey