Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 AM

888 posts, read 1,187,220 times

Advertisements

OK.
Sorry Bradly, MY mistake.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Oh you would be supprised.

Nice one, But I voted Early.

Have some humor you Denish supporters. I'm not the one who said it, the president did. I expect you're negitive comments too... I just don't rub it in.
I'm NOT a Denish supporter, Bradley--I don't know how you got that idea from anything I've posted!!

Old 10-13-2010, 02:58 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
He never claimed to be right wing, he's a Democrat who said he's voting for Martinez because Denish made some comment he disapproved of.
Not really a comment Karma, but where she stands on alot of issues.

Growing up I was a real conservative.. I have since changed, of course I have a minor in Political science.

Thanks for clearing that up though

Old 10-13-2010, 04:11 PM

5,044 posts, read 7,421,895 times
This reported today (and no, I don't expect Martinez supporters to be troubled by it in the least):

Texas oilman who joked about rape is one of Martinez' biggest contributors

Old 10-13-2010, 04:29 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NUM3CVby0

Old 10-13-2010, 04:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
This reported today (and no, I don't expect Martinez supporters to be troubled by it in the least):

Texas oilman who joked about rape is one of Martinez' biggest contributors
I read that too. Apparently the remarks bothered John McCain enough to cancel a fundraiser with this person.
Response from Lt. Gov. Denish:

"The Denish statement specifically took Martinez to task for taking more money from another Texas contributor, adding that “this time, he is also a Texas politician who jokes about the rape of women. Susana Martinez needs to immediately return the money and explain to New Mexicans why she thought it was acceptable to take money from someone who has made fun of rape victims so publicly.”"

Denish camp demands Martinez return Clayton Williams’ contribution « New Mexico Independent

I expect that Mrs. Martinez will do the right thing, $15K is but a teeny percentage of the total she's received from out-of-state contributors.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:03 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,220 times
You do?
I think she'll hang on to that money, tighter than a Titanic survivor, hanging on to a lifeboat!?

Steve

Old 10-13-2010, 05:10 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,809,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I read that too. Apparently the remarks bothered John McCain enough to cancel a fundraiser with this person.
Response from Lt. Gov. Denish:

"The Denish statement specifically took Martinez to task for taking more money from another Texas contributor, adding that “this time, he is also a Texas politician who jokes about the rape of women. Susana Martinez needs to immediately return the money and explain to New Mexicans why she thought it was acceptable to take money from someone who has made fun of rape victims so publicly.”"

Denish camp demands Martinez return Clayton Williams’ contribution « New Mexico Independent

I expect that Mrs. Martinez will do the right thing, $15K is but a teeny percentage of the total she's received from out-of-state contributors.
I am not a Denish supporter, but have mentioned before that I have problems supporting Martinez. I consider myself fiscally conservative (otherwise moderate to liberal) , but I think I am relatively fair and opened minded. Guess what: I have a big problem with her association of this scumbag as well. It doesn't speak well to personal character to take money from someone who can make fun of rape victims.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:10 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,383 times
He's given her 20k, if you count the 5k he gave in March. She did not return that, why would she return the 15k?

Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 PM

4,867 posts, read 4,809,545 times
20 years ago Williams said something stupid and insensitive. At the time, he recognized his insensitivity and apologized for doing so. Now, 20 years later, why should Martinez return money that he contributed to her campaign?

By the way, McCain cancelled the fundraiser at Williams' home, but kept the money that Williams had 'bundled' for his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico