Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:14 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,217,868 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't want to be in Galveston with A/C problems. Good luck with that! It's insufferable here in Ft Worth without A/C. Been there, done that, don't ever want to do it agagin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,898,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Flats View Post
Well, we are back and settled in Galveston. We are having A/C problems, too. Hopefully we will get everything fixed tomorrow. I am so glad to see that Timberon is getting rain. We had such a great time while we were there. We already miss our new friends. Jane thanks a lot for the great photos. Bob has put a slide show of the month of building on the mountain - music and all. He ended the show with the picture of "the group". We are planning to return in October to build the second floor. Hope to see you all then.

Bob and Bev
I heard that everybody had a blast!! I hope you didn't look at Timberon's temperatures yesterday....in the cool 50s.

They must have the best climate in the state!!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM

24 posts, read 61,725 times
We love Galveston, but you can't live here without A/C. The blessed repairman came this morning and viola! we have cool air again. Bob and I walk every morning on the seawall. It is already unbearable at 7:30 am. I can hardly wait until we have a place built so we can spend all summer in the wonderful land of cool mountain air. We did get the bottom floor (garage) done while we were there. Yea!!! We hope to get the top floor (living quarters) dried in in October.
Bob and Bev

Old 07-18-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Flats View Post
We love Galveston, but you can't live here without A/C. The blessed repairman came this morning and viola! we have cool air again. Bob and I walk every morning on the seawall. It is already unbearable at 7:30 am. I can hardly wait until we have a place built so we can spend all summer in the wonderful land of cool mountain air. We did get the bottom floor (garage) done while we were there. Yea!!! We hope to get the top floor (living quarters) dried in in October.
Bob and Bev
Oh, so y'all will keep your residence in Galveston and use the Timberon one in the summer?

There is no place in TX where you can live w/o A/C...and there are barely any places in NM where you don't need A/C.

I'm not a coastal person at all, but I do like to visit occasionally. I was last in Galveston Thanksgiving 1991.

I am SO tempted to look for a place in Timberon, but it will be cheaper just to move to a permanent place at a higher elevation, where you don't have to do so much driving.

But...Timberon is one NEAT place!!

Old 07-19-2008, 12:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,361,140 times
Cathy, I think you would get used to it here. It's really not all that bad driving to Alamo or Ruidoso for groceries or whatever.
I know for sure you would love the weather. I am one hot natured woman and still have a hard time getting over the fact that no a/c is required here.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Cathy, I think you would get used to it here. It's really not all that bad driving to Alamo or Ruidoso for groceries or whatever.
I know for sure you would love the weather. I am one hot natured woman and still have a hard time getting over the fact that no a/c is required here.
Cheryl, the thing that holds me back is that I swim 3-5 days a week....and the gas would eat my lunch unless I bought a bike of some type. I've been looking at the different models, especially the one that CindyB likes.

I have also been looking at smaller Timberon places for a second home in the summers. Ditto CC/HR.....I love the higher elevations in Laborcita Canyon, and the drive (12-15 miles, depending) is a little shorter.

I have no doubt I'd love the weather. It's just about ideal all year around.

I am glad you're enjoying it...and glad y'all finally got here permanently! That was one long ordeal, I'm sure!

Old 07-19-2008, 03:51 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,361,140 times
Yep, the swimming is out. Something's wrong with the pool here. I was planning on doing some myself for extra exercise but I think walking/climbing these hills around here makes up for it. Talk about some great exercise.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Yep, the swimming is out. Something's wrong with the pool here. I was planning on doing some myself for extra exercise but I think walking/climbing these hills around here makes up for it. Talk about some great exercise.
Yes, hiking is fun, especially when it's not hot!

I swim all year, so I need an indoor pool. That really limits my choices as to location, too, but it's something I really enjoy, so it's worth it.

I thought about putting in an Endless Pool, but that gets really expensive if you have to add on to the house to enclose it.

I swim at the PTC, but am thinking about getting a punchcard for the Family Rec Center after school starts (and no kiddies around on weekdays)....they have a 50-yarder.

The PTC is small, with only 4 25-yard lanes, but the hours are so good (6am to 6pm) that I never have to wait.

Laborcita Canyon is really looking very appealing......but this place could easily sit on the market for a year. I have some more places to see, too!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:31 AM

143 posts, read 365,261 times
Default making Progress!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Joyce!
Met Pete today, love the building, its looking great! Weather here is good raining lightly now. Saw a picture of your home, love it.. 3 stories.. WOW!
See ya sometime!
Jane
Hey Jane,
I know ... I actually talked to him a couple of times.....You have gotten some nice rain- thank goodenss! The rhubarb plant he took over in June survived & is doing well. With any luck I'll have a nice patch of it by the time We get there for good!
Pete should be on his way home by now.............he did say he might just stay & live in the garage when I told him how awful our heat & humidity has been lately....almost like we moved to FL. At least we also FINALLY got a couple of decent rains!
Take care & enjoy those beautiful cooool mountains when you are there!
Joyce

Old 08-16-2008, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,490 times
hi
just wondering how current this info is. we are moving to timberon when our house sells. it should be soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico