Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times

Advertisements

I'm very much into using every kind of natural remedy I can or need to use.
Drugs screw a person up more than they were in the first place.
Ever listen to one of those drug commercials on tv?
Side effects may include, vomiting, diarrea, stroke, heart attack, alzheimers, etc. Geez, I'd rather live with the ailment.
One of the funny ones is a woman and a little girl laying on the ground talking about who loves each other more with stupid grins on there faces.
I believe it's the one about Sinupret. I've thought about taking that a few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 AM

5 posts, read 10,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyInSeattle View Post
RRR - My Mom had a terrible time breathing in Texas (Fort Worth area) due mostly to smog and pollution we think and while she still suffers with arthritis she says she can breathe so much better now (in Eastern NM)- the docs were trying to get her to be on oxygen 24/7 in TX but now she only uses it at night for her sleep apnea. She is much happier & I'm sure you will be too. Hope you get here soon!!! When's your arrival date??

We are hoping to get away for a couple weeks in January or February.
Not sure of an exact date yet. I'm looking forward to the trip and exploring a new part of the Country.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyInSeattle View Post
RRR - My Mom had a terrible time breathing in Texas (Fort Worth area) due mostly to smog and pollution we think and while she still suffers with arthritis she says she can breathe so much better now (in Eastern NM)- the docs were trying to get her to be on oxygen 24/7 in TX but now she only uses it at night for her sleep apnea. She is much happier & I'm sure you will be too. Hope you get here soon!!! When's your arrival date??

We're looking at the first of March at the latest. A lot of it depends on what happens with Greg's job. Sorta hard to move without a job, I guess.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 21,023 times
Default Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsva View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this Forum.
I have heard that people with arthritis and other pain issues do better in the South West. I was wondering if there are specific areas or if anyone knows anything about this. I had Lyme Disease and have been left with joint pain problems. I am considering relocating possibly to New Mexico if it will make my pain more manageable. My husband and I are planning a trip out there from Cold, Damp Virginia in a month or two. We will be traveling in a camper van and able to explore the state. We would like to find someplace that isn't too too hot in the summer and has mild winters. Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance!
I'm looking forward to exploring your state.
Marsva: Have you found a product called Soothanol from Northstar? It has been a great pain reliever for me. Good luck on your search.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 AM

775 posts, read 2,588,192 times
Default Not Too Cold and Not Too Warm Hmmm???

Roswell, Ft Sumner, Portales, Clovis maybe Carrizozo. el pintada kid

Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM

717 posts, read 1,955,042 times
Got a new purple cast on my right arm this A.M. and it's more compact than the last one. The dressing and stitches removed as well. The incision was larger than I'd expected...about 4 1/2" long from between my middle/ring fingers to my wrist. The good news is no apparent infection. The bad news is my original infection "obliterated" (Doc's own parlance) two dorsal tendons!!! He had to splice the remaining nubs to my first and little finger tendons; bummer. Hand will work strangely. Lots of therapy coming. Better than no hand though...and I'm still alive. Cast feels damn tight, but I suppose doc wants zero mobility. Not fun. Learning to be much more ambidextrous though. Never knew my left mitt could do so much! Exigent circumstances require malleable responses!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:52 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,504 times
Wow, Drac, I had no idea you were still battling so much. Guess I thought it was more on the mend than that. I'm glad to hear about the lack of infection, but sorry to hear of the MIA tendons.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:53 PM

Still hurts and stings quite a bit. Guess there was quite a bit of reworking to be done. Gets me pretty depressed at times and I really cannot work out which annoys the crap out of me. Doing a lot of belly work and my left arm. Ridiculous. Don't know how this is going to shake out...but I'll push the rehab as hard as possible. It's tough but I don't give up; ever.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Still hurts and stings quite a bit. Guess there was quite a bit of reworking to be done. Gets me pretty depressed at times and I really cannot work out which annoys the crap out of me. Doing a lot of belly work and my left arm. Ridiculous. Don't know how this is going to shake out...but I'll push the rehab as hard as possible. It's tough but I don't give up; ever.

Now Drac, I want a pix of you with that Purple cast LOL Purddy please?

Can you rig up somehow some weights {Not too much but any will help!} AROUND your bicep and tricep area? Wrap around weights, and work `from the shoulder`? And the elbow? Only? To keep some 'beef' on that area while you recoup?
Even shoulder shrugs with weight on that area is something, small compared to what you are use to but, anything now will help.
Velcro the things on. Use some of those velcro leg weights even. Rig something but keep the elbow down to hand part immobile and un-used.
You might have some, unusual feeling, in that area of your hand as those damaged nerves heal. Can you do some biofeedback while this heals?

I'll be lookin' for that pix! LOL

Tia Dalma

Old 12-24-2008, 03:25 PM

I'm really illiterate about posting pix...otherwise I would have posted albums of them by now.

As for the right upper arm I'm giving it another week to heal the big incision better. Seems the hand starts to swell whenever I work that side...and the cast is uber-tight. Probably dremmel tool a pressure relieving groove in it soon to alleviate this discomfort. I do have a TEMS unit that I can apply electrodes to my right upper arm with and a Nautilus shoulder fly machine I can hit the deltoid with...sans hand. Tia, you're a doll!

Last edited by dracul; 12-24-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: electrical stimulators for that which ails ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico