Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM

14 posts, read 35,866 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone i have some land up in ttimberon and i need to get it surveyed...i have call SW engineering and Alamotero....i have heard that there a a B-Bar surveying by a barry stewart, but the number i got for it doesnt work... i am wondering if anyone knows how to get ahold of them or another surveyer....cause Alamotero quoted me for about 850 to 900..
ok well thank you everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
I looked Alamotero up in the phone book and the number is 575 437-7074; the fax number is 575 437-7075.

BBar Surveyng in Cloudcroft is 575 682-2924.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 PM

103 posts, read 302,957 times
Little friendly advice...........going with just the cheapest quote could bring you problems down the road.

Do a thorough background check on the surveyors and their companies if possible. Try to determine their reputation. You might ask the some of the county offices for a recommendation (county engineer, county recorder, etc.). A survey is a professional opinion and you want someone with experience and expertise in your area.

Cheapest is NOT best. Remember, you usually get what you pay for.

Depending on you legal description $900 may be very reasonable.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 PM

14 posts, read 35,866 times
yeah i know the cheapest aint the best...thanks for the number i already had the alamotero number...that bbar surveying number didnt work ether...thank you though,,,maybe they jsut dont do surveying anymore....but those are the ones that the real estate agant says to call

Old 05-05-2009, 07:51 PM

For some reason in this area and surrounding areas, there seem to be several businesses that aren't in business anymore but they're still listed in the phone book and on the internet.
There's a person on the internet living in Timberon that advertises as a vet but he's no longer a vet so I don't know why people do this.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 AM

107 posts, read 201,329 times
I don't believe I will be moving to my property in Timberon within the next two years. But, I do intend to have the property re-surveyed before investing more into it. That's just the wise thing to do.
I'm not really in a hurry. I have located what I believe to be the original corner stakes and marked them well. It has been recommended to me that I should look into getting together with others in Timberon who would also like to get a survey done. A surveying firm can reduce the travel costs, which are a substantial part of the charges. The closer the plots are, and the more taking part, the better. Of course, each owner will be setting up their individual contract. All a person has to do, (after a firm is found) is to let the surveyors know that they want to benefit from the group survey discount by having it done at the time decided on, which could be over a period of several days.

I'm thinking that spring of 2010 would allow enough time to get this set up. I've not contacted any surveying firm yet. Ideally someone in the area would make the arrangements. Face-to face discussions are always more productive. If I could do that myself, I would be glad to do so. But, I am not in New Mexico at this time. I will be contacting all of the owners of the plots adjoining my own, in the mean time. Others may do the same. Also, someone with lodging in Timberon may be able to give the surveyors a deal on a place to stay for a few days.
I will check back here often to see if anyone has suggestions, or would be interested in such an arrangement to reduce the costs. Maybe this group venture could be carried into other projects in the future. Thanks neighbors.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM

Where is your property here?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Where is your property here?
Unit 15- Miles Loop

Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Okay, so you're up on the road past the motel and condos.

I'm down on Winter in the golf course area.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Okay, so you're up on the road past the motel and condos.

I'm down on Winter in the golf course area.
Yes, that's right. I figure if I can't make it up the hill, I can always take a room at the motel. But, you're the lucky one. You get free golf balls. Or is it goof balls?

I've been reading your posts. You can always be counted on to help when you can. And, I like the way you tell it like it is.

I have a question. When I was up there a while back, I met a gentleman who maintains the Timberon RV Park. He said he was about to open up his new restaurant down by the airstrip. I didn't get his name. How is he doing with that? Good, I hope. He's a regular Ambassador for Timberon. One of those famous happy Timberon residents that we read about here on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico