Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 04:24 PM

801 posts, read 1,106,083 times

Advertisements

Hi people . Im was acepted at This building by mouth!! Due to a long process to get a cosigner and all my paperwork to see if I can get the apartment. I went to see the units and they was not ready. This was on July 15. 11. The second attemp on august 15, 11. I went and they still asking me for paperwork.so I take it then on the same day. They told me to follow up on the 22 august and I canceled another apt interview for that they.as I saw the apt and gave a deposit to hold my unit. I find out that the City hasn't approve my application yet.now they told me for sept1. On that day I went and there was No answers!!! Cuz the office was empty and they was moving to supposedly another office around the block. I have a third interview on sept 6. Witch they told me to come back.Im new in this people and I'm taking this very seriously . What does the city has to do with my application ??? And what should I do ?? Cuz I'm not wasting time for the next interview that is for another new building. But if anybody knows about this process and had go through the same issue please let me know. Please I need some feedback !! Thanks

Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Rrrghh!! This is none sence. !!! Ok let's start this way. In the credit check. In the begining of the process
They will immediately tell you if you qualify or not. Now I have identity theft , and had never built credit history . I am a full time Doorman at the city. Making the máximum requirements . I was told to put a deposit to hold the unit that I saw , I was told to look for a co-signer cuz I don't have credit. Paperwork is all in . After several attempts to see if the building was ready I find out the the City hasnt approve my aplication yet. And the agents from the office haven't told me nothing about the credit. But anyway im really kind of angry . All this tension has me on a untrusted mood: i went on sept 1 and they was moving to another office . This has me more alert. Now what does the City has to do with this? What the he'll is really going on?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 PM

103 posts, read 119,593 times
Hotblue- I understand how you feel and I'm very angry as well. For me the process wasn't as long but I was told the unit would be ready august 1st...well august came and went and it wasnt ready. I found out through this site it would be ready in Sept 1...well I called the office and the lady told me the managers have all the files and they were calling everyone that got approved and that I would be getting a call by Sept 1st to sign my lease....well I'm still waiting and no call!!...and to answer ur question the city is the one that approves or denies you bcuz its affordable housing...its funded by the city ....good luck and I hope eveeything goes well on sept 6.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM

317 posts, read 578,949 times
Hotblue78..... Sounds to me you are yet another victim to the nonsense caused by "Bruckner By The Bridge". Many of us on this forum have already moved into our apts or awaiting the lease signing. Let me just start by saying to you the fact that they approved you before your documents werescanned by the city is ridiculous. When you go for your first initial interview they run your credit, if your credit meets their requirements then they collect all of the documents required such as: birth certificates for yourself and whomever else was listed on the applications, social security cards, proof of income, w2 forms and a host of other things. Once they have your documents they then have to send them over to the city where the city scans your file. Basically verifying everything. If the city needs additional info they will contact the Bruckner and the Bruckner will contact you. If you are unable to produce those documents you will be denied. All in all once the city gets your file it can take about a month to hear something whether it's an approval, denial or you need to submit other things. So the fact that you were approved by "word of mouth" is very "fishy". It appears that someone may have ran a scam on you. I hope that's not the case but there are shady people that work for these management companies that prey on people's desperation. If you have the time to read the complete forum you will see that a few people are mysteriously not working there any longer. You aren't the only person that has left a deposit for them to "hold" an apartment. What I find very strange is how can they suggest you leave something to hold an apt you haven't even been approved for? Not only that technically there is no need to "hold" an apt because once the city approves your application you are automatically assigned a unit or they give you a choice. Either way I really hope you have something in writing or at least a receipt for the money you left them. Keep the forum posted on what's going on and all the best to you.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 PM

34 posts, read 43,393 times
Does anybody kniw a good affordable moving company i need a number to one asap the movers i had cancelled out on me last minute uggggg

Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Hi Stephanie and Valdez . Thanks for the feedback. I have a prove of the deposits as well and I'm concern more now that you bring up the topic about scam !!. But has anybody on that building has been robbe ?? I mean any charges of fraud from that building. Cuz I'm on top of this lady watching all movements. And if it's like that trust and believe I will put a big lawsuit on that company. Like I said I'm new on this . The agent told me on this past Friday if wanted the deposit back . I said I will hold on until tuesday . But by my luck I have another interview in the afternoon at a new building.if I don't receive a response in the morning then I will pick up my deposit as well and go to my interview. But really I'm confused and well I'm alone pushing this on my own. But I don't understand why ?? Since June 22 I took everything that they needed then after that more and more paperwork including a cosigner. Making me believe that the building is not ready but in reality was the approval from the city. I had been patience all this time . And with good behavior . I just don't want to flip on negative emotions . I come from there !! I please some advises and solutions to move forward .Please guide me to resolve this matter . Thanks for you're feedback I need more !!!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM

103 posts, read 119,593 times
hotblue- I dont think they are trying to scam ppl. I honestly think the building isnt completely ready and that's why they are making people wait so long. like I said b4 for me the process wasnt as long but keep reading all the posts and you will see that other people went through similar situations as your self. You should go to your interview on tuesday, see how it goes, tell them to show you a few units and make sure you like the building, then go on ur other interview and you'll decide which one is better for you. :-]

Old 09-03-2011, 03:00 AM

317 posts, read 578,949 times
Hotblue78..... Please don't think I'm telling you that they're scamming you so run for the hills. All I'm saying is that you are experiencing way too many inconsistencies. That's there biggest problem. Bruckner by the bridge is ran by Knickerbocker but for whatever reason they are allowing Bruckner to handle all the leasing for the buildings. If they would've just waited until the building was completed and then started the leasing process none of you guys would be in here pulling your hairs out. But hotblue..... give them some more time because 3 months really isn't a long time especially when you're dealing with the city. There are so many people on this forum that were just about fed up finally got the call they were waiting for. So my advice to you is go to your interview, find out exactly what's going on and make sure you don't leave there with the contact info to the person handling your file and call every other week or so for updates. But please try to be patient just for a little longer because you have people on this forum that were approved a while back and have yet to sign a lease, get there keys and get a move in date. So you're not alone here. Keep us posted on what has been accomplished at your next interview. Best of luck.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:00 AM

507 posts, read 689,522 times
well stephanie..i just looked at her,and she glared at me..hoping i would say something..she knew she was wrong!..but other than that-she must've had things to do-and places to go!..yeah there is a u-haul truck outside..like every other day..you know they gotta set up a date/time for someone to move in..and its only 2-elevators..its not like mid-town where they have a freight elevator!.well yeah st anns terrace is moving people in...im telling you..i shouldve went the shelter route too..i bet their rent is 3 times less than what im paying!..

Old 09-03-2011, 07:07 AM

Thankxxx:)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery