Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 12:21 PM

18 posts, read 34,729 times

Advertisements

I believe that there are both low and moderate income units in both buildings. I've never seen anything saying otherwise. I am getting a moderate income studio in the smaller building for a move-in of May 22.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:44 PM

63 posts, read 110,633 times
They are not allocating lower and middle incomes in separate buildings and when we attended the information session a HPS Middle School back in October with Van Bramer and Related Management, they were specific about that. As a matter of fact, only 20% percent of the total units is for lower income applicants, which is way less that the amount of apartment in the Crossings (which is the dark "blue" building).

I read via someone on this forum, that their movies date was May 1st. They must be awfully busy, but hopefully they can share with us all the details of their experience moving in.

I also have an acquaintance with move in date May 22nd. And another person on this forum has the same date. Hope they share their experience with us.

I am still waiting to be called back after the interview. No news yet and it has been 4 weeks

Old 05-02-2015, 03:46 PM

457 posts, read 737,299 times
I didn't even factor that in. 20% is relatively small and you're right that the majority is middle income. From the HPS site, it appeared that it would be in separate buildings.

It's great to see so many units awarded for middle income.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:40 PM

200 posts, read 374,721 times
Drove by today. Looks pretty complete. I heard people won't be moving in until
Mid- may, so they still have a few weeks. May 22nd seems to be the day. I hope they start letting people see model units soon.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:18 PM

63 posts, read 110,633 times
I live in the neighborhood and walk bay the building everyday. Tonight we can see a few lights on in some of the apartments in the larger building. I don't think anyone has moved in yet because the lobby is yet to be finished, but I think construction seems to be advancing nicely.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:15 AM

357 posts, read 656,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Make sure you have absolutely no late payments ever (over 30 days is pretty much an automatic fail). basically Saferent, the company they use for credit screenings, seems to ignore your FICO score and will find just about anything to fail you

In my case, I had a FICO score around 710 and had one negative account which was not my fault. I basically accidentally signed up for a Banana Republic credit card and they never billed me, never sent me my credit card, nothing. I got a call from the collector about 50 days after saying my account was delinquent and I paid it off right away. Saferent assigned me a score of 560 because of this. It did not effect my FICO score that much so I didn't care about this earlier, but now I am left disputing it and hoping I can get it taken off of my report before the dispute period for the lottery ends. due to laws, HPS absolutely will not accept any other documents to prove your credit worthiness (including FICO score) so you are stuck with Saferent evaluating you. Their "formula" is extremely arbitrary and they will not explain to you why you got a low score. Not to mention you will be on hold for at least 45 minutes and speak to the rudest customer service people ever. The person i spoke to was so clueless she said the score was out of 600 and ended up hanging up on me for no reason.

By the way this happened to thousands of people, just google banana republic credit card

Wow! My score is also in the 700's and now I am afraid I may be rejected due to Saferent too. I found some information on appealing for anyone who is in need.

"If you feel you were unfairly or wrongly rejected for an apartment, you must contact the developer first. The developer should have given you a written reason for rejection and a time frame for appealing the developer's decision, typically two weeks.

If you have not been given an opportunity to appeal, you may report the issue to HPD or HDC, depending on the sponsor(s) of the property. Please provide as much information about your situation as possible, including complete contact information; someone from the Compliance Unit will contact you to follow up on your situation.

For HDC, please e-mail HDC at: hdccompliance@nychdc.com
For HPD, please email HPD at: hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov"

Old 05-03-2015, 08:40 AM

292 posts, read 703,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
Has anyone in the lower income bracket signed a lease yet? I feel from what I am reading that Related is calling all middle income applicants for leases, even those with really high log numbers.
I agree and I had mentioned that before, as well. I am from a lower income bracket. I am still waiting; my interview was 2/25. I have been waiting since then.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:53 AM

110 posts, read 213,527 times
I really want to see interior middle income pictures!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:43 AM

457 posts, read 737,299 times
Does anyone know the credit score requirement for HPS? If it 700 or 800?

ReadySteady, I guess it technically wouldn't be middle income photos since both will be in both buildings.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 AM

200 posts, read 374,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Does anyone know the credit score requirement for HPS? If it 700 or 800?

ReadySteady, I guess it technically wouldn't be middle income photos since both will be in both buildings.
Not sure - it's your credit score and other factors. Mine was around 750, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery