Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 08:25 PM

329 posts, read 682,562 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I checked the list of the Studio Apartments. The last number was 43 and Today it's 146!
I assume that this is a mistake. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 07:05 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Hello Everyone,

I checked the list of the Studio Apartments. The last number was 43 and Today it's 146!
I assume that this is a mistake. What do you guys think?
I don’t agree with the assumption that it is a mistake. More evidence is needed to persuade me. We lack a full accounting of how many log#s there actually are, and what log#s are on hold or have passed on the unit that went to #146.

There are 103 numbers between log# 43 and log# 146. But that is not proof that all those 103 log#s are active, valid, or in good standing. Some of the set of 103 might never have returned the application and have been since removed. We can’t be certain without a full accounting that the wait list actually jumped 103 active households.

If the unit was not a nice one then households might have passed on it.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:41 AM

329 posts, read 682,562 times
My daughter number is in the 120's.
There is no way that with the way things are that there isn't at least 10 application between 43 and 146.
Doesn't sound right to me!

On another note: How do they contact people, phone call, letters?

Old 01-12-2024, 10:11 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
My daughter number is in the 120's.
There is no way that with the way things are that there isn't at least 10 application between 43 and 146.
Doesn't sound right to me!

On another note: How do they contact people, phone call, letters?
I agree it’s a big jump. I have seen big jumps before.

This is a studio, so many people might reject it on size.

I suggest you contact them. I think it is Prestige Management. Be polite. You have good reason to ask questions but don’t conclude a mistake has been made yet. Just a guess, 146 might be a Veteran taking preference. It could be the next log# to get a unit will be lower than 146

Old 02-26-2024, 07:50 PM

7 posts, read 4,638 times
I applied about five or so years ago and one day recently they sent me a letter for a one bedroom. I almost thought that I was never going to hear anything but I am glad that I did.

Old 03-16-2024, 03:30 PM

7 posts, read 4,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
As people get their applications and turn them in, I'm hoping this thread gets more active. Hopefully a lot of forum members will be in the running.
I received a letter from them and came in to see one of the units. It had a decent view of the East review and Brooklyn as some of Water Street. I have submitted all necessary paperwork and was informed that it takes about 30 day for the whole process; from the background check to approval from HPD. So it has now been about a three weeks since I saw the apartment so I am patiently waiting to hear back from them. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Old 03-17-2024, 10:11 AM

290 posts, read 276,260 times
Best of Luck!!!

Old Today, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperWestSider10023 View Post
I received a letter from them and came in to see one of the units. It had a decent view of the East review and Brooklyn as some of Water Street. I have submitted all necessary paperwork and was informed that it takes about 30 day for the whole process; from the background check to approval from HPD. So it has now been about a three weeks since I saw the apartment so I am patiently waiting to hear back from them. I will let everyone know how it goes.
How many years of tax return did they ask you for? I also heard they have resumed in person home inspections. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery