Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 10:50 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times

Advertisements

As people get their applications and turn them in, I'm hoping this thread gets more active. Hopefully a lot of forum members will be in the running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2022, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,254 times
Anyone have an update on the 1 bedroom list from 2018?
Wondering about any recent log numbers that were called.

Old 09-10-2022, 03:56 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
As people get their applications and turn them in, I'm hoping this thread gets more active. Hopefully a lot of forum members will be in the running.
There are 500 or 250 applications (studio and 2 bed) drawn for log#s. But not necessarily will all persons selected return the application. So, it’s possible that fewer than 500 or 250 applications are participating. The set of log#s are not recalibrated to account for any log#s that do not return an application. As a result, if log#s 1 and 2 don’t return an application then log#3 becomes “first inline” but is still called log#3. This is what I understand. I am uncertain what the policy is for Veterans with log#s who return applications here.

In January 2021, a one bedroom unit was filled, according to an online resource. The high number suggests it is not from the 2018 lottery. I can’t say if the online resource is up to date or not.
Turnover in NYC Mitchell-Lama units tends to be slow. Good luck and good patience.

Old 09-12-2022, 08:50 PM

329 posts, read 682,107 times
Thank your so much @WildAboutHarry (Cute Name)

I saw the Floor Plans as well. It'll be a wait which works for her now. She's finishing up her last year in college. I'll set her up with a Roth IRA so she can get a start on her deposit. These Kids!!!

Now I need to figure out when the New list will be generated, the list posted on line still has the old list, So not sure what number that goes to. I guess I'll keep checking on here and give them a call in 6 months.

Good Luck Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
A published resource says 778 units total. I am not sure if this is one or two buildings, but I guess two. I have seen a floor plan that shows one studio unit on the floor with the entrance beside the elevator. This floor plan is old, it might even be pre construction. I can’t say if the floor plan would be the same on all floors. TheMitchell-Lama vacancies can move slowly. The older the previous list is the more likely it could move fast. There was a Fall 2018 one-bedroom lottery. I suppose the previous Studio lottos waitlist is older than that. Good luck and good patience.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Thank your so much @WildAboutHarry (Cute Name)

I saw the Floor Plans as well. It'll be a wait which works for her now. She's finishing up her last year in college. I'll set her up with a Roth IRA so she can get a start on her deposit. These Kids!!!

Now I need to figure out when the New list will be generated, the list posted on line still has the old list, So not sure what number that goes to. I guess I'll keep checking on here and give them a call in 6 months.

Good Luck Everyone!
Thanks for the kind words.
As has been mentioned already, you want to find out the total number of studios in the building(s). Many studios can potentially shorten wait time. Perhaps a polite simple inquiry with the management company might get you an estimate of total studios. See if you can learn how old the previous list is. The older the better. And, was there a maximum number of log#s drawn. A much harder question is to estimate future turnover, there are so many factors.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:53 PM

329 posts, read 682,107 times
Just checking in!!
Looks like no movement on any of the lists, for the Studio there hasn't been movement in over a year!
Hopefully some movemment this year. Maybe they will update to include the new log numbers

Waiting List Status - https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ml#ml-waitlist

Floor Plan - https://dlc.library.columbia.edu/nyre/cul:ksn02v6zbx

Old 02-23-2023, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,555 times
I grew up in Gouverneur Gardens. Gouverneur Gardens doesn't have many Studio apartments. Even though Gouverneur Gardens consists of 6 buildings, only 2 of the buildings have Studio apartments. In those 2 buildings there is only 1 Studio apartment on each floor.

Old 02-24-2023, 02:20 AM

93 posts, read 76,915 times
Is it a nice complex?

Old 04-24-2023, 01:44 PM

4/21/23, #19 for Studio at Gouverneur Gardens
https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ml#ml-waitlist

Old 07-13-2023, 04:22 PM

10 posts, read 9,452 times
Default 1 bedroom

Hey all,
Very late update but I was #39 on the 2018 list for a 1 bedroom and I removed myself from the list after getting another apt. through Housing Connect. It took A LOT of back and forth with management to get my deposit back (partly my fault). So I originally let them know I needed to be taken off the list around April 2022. I received the check with my deposit in June 2022 and in the process of moving into my new place, I misplaced it (I now do mobile check deposit IMMEDIATELY when getting a check. Lol.) Anyway, I looked for it for a few months and it didn't turn up so I contacted management and let them know what happened and if they could issue me a new check (it had been way past 90 days at this point so even if I found the original, it would have been invalid). I did not hear back from anyone for months about getting the new check. I called at least 10 times and I would get transferred to someone who never answered the phone nor returned calls (I left several messages with my contact info, I told the other person who picked up to have the person call me, they were very polite but no one ever contacted me back. I really had to stay on them and keep calling and e-mailing. I finally received the new check and it was for the wrong amount. Had to call them again multiple times. I even e-mailed just the general management e-mail on their website and nada. Very frustrating. After another couple of weeks, they finally sent the remainder of the money missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery