Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 08:11 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,633,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi View Post
I received a mail from Lindsay Park to submit the documents with the Credit Check fee. There is no option to check rent history instead of a credit check. Do you know if I can see the apartment before submitting the documents and fee?
Congratulations.

Are you sure they are offering you a unit and not just a place on the wait list? If it’s just a place on the waitlist then there might not be any unit they can show you.

Often, the paperwork will name the particular unit, ‘123 Main St, Apt 7G’, if there is a unit being offered. You want to join the wait list, it’s well worth the fee. I think a portion of the application fee can be refunded if you eventually withdraw completely. I don’t guess you can get a refund on the credit check.

I suppose you are allowed to pass on the unit once you see it, but you might have to submit the paperwork and fee to get that far. If you don’t respond at all you might be at risk of being dropped. This is an excellent financial deal there are even people in new lottery units in new buildings who are on waitlists to get into these decades old ML buildings.

Be sure to check with them about the rules. Particularly about putting a “hold” on your application, and passing on units. There is likely a limit to how many times you get to say “pass”. Don’t rely on me or other posters to know the for real rules at the building. Our opinions don’t count. If you are near to getting a unit they should be willing to give you their time to discuss how it all works.

Some buildings, maybe this one maybe not, will offer a unit to several people at once. They will ask for any answer by such and such a date, and allow these people to view the unit. The unit goes to the log# with highest priority that says ‘yes’. So, it could be that you say, ‘yes’ but still get beat by a lower log# or such like. But, you get to try again when the next unit becomes vacant.

Stay with it and have patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 07:57 AM

160 posts, read 119,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Congratulations.

Are you sure they are offering you a unit and not just a place on the wait list? If it’s just a place on the waitlist then there might not be any unit they can show you.

Often, the paperwork will name the particular unit, ‘123 Main St, Apt 7G’, if there is a unit being offered. You want to join the wait list, it’s well worth the fee. I think a portion of the application fee can be refunded if you eventually withdraw completely. I don’t guess you can get a refund on the credit check.

I suppose you are allowed to pass on the unit once you see it, but you might have to submit the paperwork and fee to get that far. If you don’t respond at all you might be at risk of being dropped. This is an excellent financial deal there are even people in new lottery units in new buildings who are on waitlists to get into these decades old ML buildings.

Be sure to check with them about the rules. Particularly about putting a “hold” on your application, and passing on units. There is likely a limit to how many times you get to say “pass”. Don’t rely on me or other posters to know the for real rules at the building. Our opinions don’t count. If you are near to getting a unit they should be willing to give you their time to discuss how it all works.

Some buildings, maybe this one maybe not, will offer a unit to several people at once. They will ask for any answer by such and such a date, and allow these people to view the unit. The unit goes to the log# with highest priority that says ‘yes’. So, it could be that you say, ‘yes’ but still get beat by a lower log# or such like. But, you get to try again when the next unit becomes vacant.

Stay with it and have patience.

Thank you!

Yes, They are offering a one-bedroom apartment. they say as per HPD, guidelines, I am permitted only two apartment offers before my name and application number are permanently removed from their waiting list.
There are three options I can proceed with this application such as 01) Interested and proceed now, 02) Hold for 1 year 03) I am no longer interested.

The non-refundable Fee of their service is $124.92 for the initial applicant and $81.47 for each additional household applicant.
Yes, I have to talk to this management team for more information.

Old 03-07-2023, 09:04 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,633,619 times
Quote:
Thank you!

Yes, They are offering a one-bedroom apartment. they say as per HPD, guidelines, I am permitted only two apartment offers before my name and application number are permanently removed from their waiting list.
There are three options I can proceed with this application such as 01) Interested and proceed now, 02) Hold for 1 year 03) I am no longer interested.

The non-refundable Fee of their service is $124.92 for the initial applicant and $81.47 for each additional household applicant.
Excellent. Go for it. It’s pretty low cost and I hope it’s not a burden for you. Certainly ask about what the purchase price would be for you and financing options they suggest if you can’t pay whatever thousands of dollars up front. I think the range is 7 to 10 thousand.

Even if you don’t love the apartment remember to consider if you will be saving money by living there. When you leave you sell your apartment back.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:22 AM

1,034 posts, read 672,844 times
Quote:
Thank you!

Hey, do you mind sharing your ballpark log number? Are they really asking you to provide documentation and
the fees, or is it listed there as an FYI? Appreciate your response.

Old 03-07-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Hey, do you mind sharing your ballpark log number? Are they really asking you to provide documentation and
the fees, or is it listed there as an FYI? Appreciate your response.
My log# is between 5 to 10. I will see the apartment this week and will submit my documents if I like them.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:56 PM

83 posts, read 61,782 times
Quote:
My log# is between 5 to 10. I will see the apartment this week and will submit my documents if I like them.
May I ask when you applied?

Old 03-07-2023, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
May I ask when you applied?
Here is the information when I applied for this one.

Start: 11/10/2022

End: 11/28/2022

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ntPdf/1184.pdf

Old 03-07-2023, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Here is the information when I applied for this one.

Start: 11/10/2022

End: 11/28/2022

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ntPdf/1184.pdf
That's unbelievable. I've been on a waiting list around 2012,13 for a studio. And my mom was on the list for a one-bedroom and big scandal happened and they took her off the list. She paid to.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
That's unbelievable. I've been on a waiting list around 2012,13 for a studio. And my mom was on the list for a one-bedroom and big scandal happened and they took her off the list. She paid to.
Wow. I have no idea. I am new here. So, I will more careful before submitting my documents and fees. No worries. let’s see what’s going on when I will see the apartment.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Wow. I have no idea. I am new here. So, I will more careful before submitting my documents and fees. No worries. let’s see what’s going on when I will see the apartment.
Nah, I think you're good; especially if you're gonna see apartments.

I'm just amazed that you applied a couple of months ago and you're about to see apartments. I grew up there and they've been known to take years to call you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: