Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 02:36 PM

27 posts, read 25,592 times

Advertisements

Did my fellow Sven hopefuls see this https://licpost.com/taproom-and-micr...ty-development ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 03:01 PM

453 posts, read 500,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nectorcollectah View Post
Did my fellow Sven hopefuls see this https://licpost.com/taproom-and-micr...ty-development ?
nooooooo! But thanks for sharing. This looks super cool!

This is my lowest log number out of the high ticket places I have applied for (a few more coming up, fingers and toes crossed for those) and we are pretty likely to get offered a place here.... I think / hope.

But I've been feeling sad about the idea of moving from Brooklyn to Queens - esp having lived in the "cool"bits of Williamsburg and Bushwic with lots of stuff going on. From the map, the Sven location looks a but desolate / depressing - just next to a big ugly road! So I am glad this kind of stuff is popping up in the neighbourhood!

Old 04-19-2022, 03:07 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,845,877 times
Once you move to Sven, you will be delighted on how close you are to all cool Manhattan vibes (not to mention LIC itself), it's only 1-3 stops away to Midtown with all trains you'd take later. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
nooooooo! But thanks for sharing. This looks super cool!

This is my lowest log number out of the high ticket places I have applied for (a few more coming up, fingers and toes crossed for those) and we are pretty likely to get offered a place here.... I think / hope.

But I've been feeling sad about the idea of moving from Brooklyn to Queens - esp having lived in the "cool"bits of Williamsburg and Bushwic with lots of stuff going on. From the map, the Sven location looks a but desolate / depressing - just next to a big ugly road! So I am glad this kind of stuff is popping up in the neighbourhood!

Old 04-19-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Once you move to Sven, you will be delighted on how close you are to all cool Manhattan vibes (not to mention LIC itself), it's only 1-3 stops away to Midtown with all trains you'd take later. Good luck!
Haha, thank you! I have heard good things about LIC, too, and that some Queens neighborhoods are quite trendy these days!

I'm not the biggest fan of midtown itself, since it seems to have the highest concentration of crazies in the city, but it is definitely convenient for getting to other parts of the city.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:18 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,845,877 times
Oh, I just realized, it's also very easy for your commute to Brooklyn if you live in Sven, basically that area is a great hub to go around the City! Before I won the apartment where I am now, I used to dream to be able to afford to live in those new high-rise developments in the area where Sven is because I can commute easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Haha, thank you! I have heard good things about LIC, too, and that some Queens neighborhoods are quite trendy these days!

I'm not the biggest fan of midtown itself, since it seems to have the highest concentration of crazies in the city, but it is definitely convenient for getting to other parts of the city.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:27 PM

29 posts, read 36,764 times
Quick question, are the parking garages in the area ridiculously expensive?

Old 04-19-2022, 03:34 PM

800 posts, read 733,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoNature View Post
Quick question, are the parking garages in the area ridiculously expensive?
If I move to Sven I’m getting rid of my car

Old 04-19-2022, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,020 times
Has anyone with log #5xx been reached out yet? Just trying to gauge how quick they’re going through applications.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhen14 View Post
Has anyone with log #5xx been reached out yet? Just trying to gauge how quick they’re going through applications.
I saw that high 400s have been contacted already. I was wondering the same as you re progress, but maybe we will know more at the end of this week

Old 04-20-2022, 07:14 AM

18 posts, read 19,594 times
Do you think it's likely there will still be apartments in the 130% AMI with a log # of 9XX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery